Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 370
Total: 371

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Swing  (Read 5577 times)

Offline cmhjeff

Swing
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:53:57 pm »
Our weekend started off on the bumpy side when our dog Judd was sprayed by a skunk at 5am. Thank goodness we had beautiful weather and we were able to keep the windows and doors open for 2 days so the house could air out. Here's a picture of me on my new swing enjoying the fresh outside air. This is my first attempt at posting a picture like this so hope it works :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline RapidRod

Re: Swing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 04:37:31 pm »
Jeff aren't you missing something in that pic? Like your better half. You're not suppose to swing alone. :D

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 05:02:24 pm »
:) Rodney we do swing together but the dogs haven't learned how to use the camera yet :) Jeffrey is having people over from work for a cookout on Sept 4th so maybe we can get some pics together then.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 05:45:02 pm »
Oh that was a good response. You made me laugh.  :D :D I'll be looking for the pictures after the 4th. Do you think you can get the dogs trained by then? LOL

Offline Teresa

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 05:51:39 pm »
Love the swing! Very nice!

Our dogs got sprayed by a skunk a couple of yrs ago. We used dawn dishwashing soap and baking soda to give them a bath. That worked pretty good but for the longest time everytime it rained there was a faint scent of skunk...LOL

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 05:56:50 pm »
I'd tell the skunks to quit playing with the hose and spraying your dogs. It will run up your water bill.  ;)

Offline Nadine

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 06:07:40 pm »
Hey Jeff...well I had the privilege of seeing this picture already, just wanted to tell you again that I think the picture is very nice...oh yea, the swing in nice too  ;)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 06:09:53 pm »
There you go again Nadine, "He's married." You ole hussie....

Offline Nadine

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 06:12:54 pm »
   :D  ;D

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 07:13:08 pm »

Hi Jeff:

You look dashing in that new swing and it appears that Jeffrey is the quintessential handyman.  The pupplies look adorable also.

:)

Jordan
If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 08:21:01 pm »
that is a beautiful swing, did you make it yourself. I realize this might be a little late but for future  reference, next time a skunk sprays your dog , wash him in tomato juice. Plain tomato juice and rub it in very well. It will neutralize the skunk odor.   Cristy

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 08:37:33 am »
Christy, actually Judd did get a tomato juice bath. Nadine and our vet suggested that the morning it happened.
Teresa, you're right! It rained last night and that awful smell was back. Even Judd knew it because he hid behind a chair. I think he was afraid of getting another bath. :)
Jordan, I'm blushing :)
Rodney, The skunk can waste my water any day if it would just keep it's tail down and not contaminate us with that odor! :o
Nadine, talk dirty to me! LOL! You & Rodney sound like bickering siblings. LOL!

Offline Nadine

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 08:42:37 am »
You & Rodney sound like bickering siblings. LOL!
Oh we are, it's great fun!  :D

Offline clarke

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 10:24:55 am »
Ketchup works better, the vinegar and other things in it really help neutralize things.  I know that because I got sprayed when I was about 13 or so.  The smell didn't bother me as bad as having to undress outside.

Anyhow, the smell of skunk to me smells like some good ol' Oregon hemp  ;D  so, acutally I kind of like it.  Anytime I smell one around here, I breathe deeply  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.