Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:29:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 462
Total: 463

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried, Worried, Worried  (Read 3321 times)

Offline 931026

Worried, Worried, Worried
« on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:58 pm »
Hey,
I'm very sad that I have to be here asking this question and worrying about the risk i have put myself at.  Let me just start off by saying that this site has been extremely helpful to me during this time of stress and scouring the web for answers, and i appreciate all the time and dedication all of you put in to helping people. 

With that said, here is my situation.  A little over four weeks ago I met up with a guy that I had met online a while back.  We briefly engaged in oral sex and I agreed to have anal sex with him (me being the receptive partner.)  He seemed adamant about protection because he mentioned wearing a condom before I was able to say anything about it.  He was pressing up against me trying to penetrate, and i decided that I didn't want to have sex.  I turned around, and upon turning around I see him cover up really quick. This concerned me deeply.  I don't know why I didn't confront him at that moment, but I didn't.  Despite his persuasive tactics I decided not to have sex with him but after trying to penetrate he did finger me briefly. I asked him about it later and he tells me he was wearing a condom and he never penetrated me, but I am pretty sure he wasn't.  I asked the guy to be tested and he says he was tested last month because he is going into the military as a medic.  I know for sure he is a medic but i don't know if he is going into the military because he has said that for the past year now. He refuses to show me any proof of his status and has told me to leave him alone. I got tested an STD screening the day after and an HIV test at weeks four.  I know the HIV test is in no way conclusive but it gave me temporary peace of mind.  So here are my questions..

1.  Is there a certain amount of penetration that can occur without me being sure of it?

2. If he got precum on the entrance of my anus and then fingered me could that be a risk for transmission?

3. I talked to the lady at the clinic and she said this was a high risk. Would attempted penetration be high risk?

Oh yeah, I also came down with something very similar to a cold at week 3...I appreciate any feedback I can get, thanks.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Worried, Worried, Worried
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:49:59 pm »
WHat you described is absolutely NO RISK at all.

There's every chance that the guy covered himself up because A) he was self conscious about being naked and B) He felt judged by you - which, going by your post, he had every reason to worry.

Here's a thing. Stop treating your sex partners like viral dumping grounds and try respecting them as people. This guy certainly did that with you by suggesting condoms - an act that from your post means you suspected him for THAT.

There was and is absolutely no risk in the events as you have detailed them. Bit I would submit that you are not quite ready for anal sex with this person yet, since you cannot seem to understand the process - which is, ASSUME YOUR PARTNER IS POSITIVE.

THAT is what your prospective partner was doing. THAT is what adults do. Please wear a condom for penetrative sex. IF you are unsure about your partner, then reach down there periodically and make sure there's a condom. You can do it in such a way that does not telegraph "I am a paranoid ass." It simply takes tact.

There is no reason to worry about HIV in the scenario you described.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline 931026

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:26:58 pm »
Thank you so much for your response.  I know I am coming off as an a** but I do have a few reasons to question the veracity of this guy.  I have a feeling that he didn't wear a condom, because I had already seen him naked! I wasn't suspicious of him UNTIL I had turned around.

But I was just curious, IF he wasnt wearing a condom and he was pressing up against me, could some type of penetration occured without me being for certain? And also if he got precum at the entrance of my anus and then fingered me, furthermore pushing the precum in further, is that a risk?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 01:06:34 am »
Nothing you report, from fingering with precum to pressing against your anus is a risk.

The above acts count as frottage, which is zero risk or HIV. Had he entered you, I deduce you would have felt it. It's rather unmistakable.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline 931026

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 01:12:50 am »
Okie dokie. This has definitely helped relieve my anxieties. Thank you for your time.  I have learned a lot from this forum and have nothing but the utmost respect for what you guys are doing here.  I am a broke college student at the moment, but as soon as I get the chance, I will make a donation.

Be blessed,
                            Anonymous

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 01:21:11 am »
Okie dokie. This has definitely helped relieve my anxieties. Thank you for your time.  I have learned a lot from this forum and have nothing but the utmost respect for what you guys are doing here.  I am a broke college student at the moment, but as soon as I get the chance, I will make a donation.

Be blessed,
                            Anonymous

Heu you know what? Forget that donation. Just wear a condom and tell other people to do the same. A little bit of outreach is worth more than money!

Just spread the word!

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.