Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 01:43:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Disclosure to person im dating.. now I dont know as he doesnt know  (Read 2547 times)

Offline SafeHaven

So I told the first person ive been hanging out with since my break up  that I was + tonight. I was able to assure of my health and it turned into an education session about numbers terminologies and the future.

I cant gauge his response.. he just said he didnt know and that I cant blame him for not knowing. I dont. But that uncertainty is what makes me feel so much worse off. First I was okay and now im not okay as I have a condition.
Anyhow.. kept saying it.. saying it was new to him
And then just saying he just didnt know but kept going on about how much of an amazing person with a good heart I am and how his mind hasnt changed about anything hes just sad about the situation and he still wants to hang out but he just "doesn't know" and its scary.. I feel a bit rejected actually..
He did his best to remain calm and neutral but the moment I told him all color dropped from his face as did his smile and any contact we were making. It was like I had leprosy, oh im about to live and amazing life...

So he didnt just get up and leave or make a decision on the spot. But im not sure if I would have just preferred that rather than someone who needed the time to think about it. Because thinking about it n being undecided could one day go either way. .
In my mind I feel like hes taking the time to think about how much of a bad person I must be and the fact of how I must have got it.. up until then I was awesome in his mind.  Not so much now I dont think. He was probably just being polite trying to continue the date and get to grips with it. Just end it already!?

With his reaction in mind and with how strong I had to be in telling him so early on a part of me wishes that I didnt bother meeting him in the first place.. I didnt know that finding out a piece of information (that I until this moment have had to learn to minimise the effect on me of )can cause people to look at you totally differently in terms of where they see themselves going with you.

But if everyone I go on dates with is going to come across this way then I cant handle it. To be rejected countlessly is a spirit killer

Offline weasel

Re: Disclosure to person im dating.. now I dont know as he doesnt know
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 01:09:32 pm »

Hi SafeHaven ,
                           Nice to meet you  :)

I feel sorry for mood at this time , you did the right thing !

If he really does care , and it sounds like he does , then give him time to except the facts .  I can't imagine a  man just letting the fact you told them you were HIV - POZ   go lightly by in small talk .

I hope your relationship flourishes  .  Most of us old timers know many many
guys out there that are not as honest as you .  I glad you had the courage to disclose quickly .

Be well ,
                                                            Weasel

P.s. : To those that will say that I am married , I do disclose  :-X

" Live and let Live "

Offline SafeHaven

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 02:40:49 am »
Thankyou for this Weasel, its a pleasure to meet you and thankyou for your reply. Unfortunately he didnt care enough as I just got the friendzone treatment. I evidently dont meet his standards.

Offline joemutt

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 05:58:48 am »
maybe give it some time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.