Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:16:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: mothers,daughters, and grandmothers  (Read 5772 times)

Offline mdgjustlikeme

• M.D.G. JUST LIKE ME LIVING WITH HIV
    • www.hivwomenjustlikeme.com
mothers,daughters, and grandmothers
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:27:12 am »
hi i have been living with hiv for 12 years, allthough i have had many struggles my biggest has been finding support,friendship, and understanding, i have great family support, but i think you would have to be living with hiv to truely understand our lives as mother's,daughters and grandmothers living with hiv
M.D.G. JUST LIKE ME LIVING WITH HIV

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: mothers,daughters, and grandmothers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 05:51:02 pm »
Hey mdg,

I'm glad you posted here.  The women are really great, and supportive.  I know a couple of them are going through some really hard times right now, so responses may be slow at first.

I've been diagnosed for 20 years.  There's been ups and downs.  Things have been ok lately.  I'm no longer a daughter; I lost both my parents in the last two years.  But, I am a mom of 1, and grandmom of 3. 

If you have anything you would like to ask, or share, please feel free.  Hope to hear more.
 Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 08:02:41 pm »
Hi MDG,
I started meds in 97 and I am a mother of 4 ,that are 11 and 6.  This is a great place to come to talk to others in the same or similar situation.
I hope you have a nice day!

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline mdgjustlikeme

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:41:44 pm »
Hey mdg,

I'm glad you posted here.  The women are really great, and supportive.  I know a couple of them are going through some really hard times right now, so responses may be slow at first.

I've been diagnosed for 20 years.  There's been ups and downs.  Things have been ok lately.  I'm no longer a daughter; I lost both my parents in the last two years.  But, I am a mom of 1, and grandmom of 3. 

If you have anything you would like to ask, or share, please feel free.  Hope to hear more.
 Luv,
Betty
hi betty, well i  made it to the right place, i hope i am writing in the right spot i will find out when i hit post, i am sorry to hear about your lose, i thank god every day that i  have my parents, and i am sure you miss them, i also have 1 daughter and 1grandson and 2 granddaughters, and a dog name trad, i also have gone thru some ups and downs the last 12 years

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 08:51:09 am »
Well, you know how to use the "quote" function here, which is something that took me like a couple months to learn. 

I'm sure you've had ups and downs.  That's something that can't be avoided with HIV, especially when one's had it for years.  Just share about yourself what you'd like.  And, we have a thread here, called "ladie's thread," where we talk about our daily lives, struggles, little victories, and just support each other.  You're more than welcome to join us. 

By the way, I have two granddaughters, and one grandson also.  But, I have a kitty instead of a dog.  Talk to you later!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mdgjustlikeme

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 09:04:34 am »
GOOD MORNING, I HOPE TO FIND MY WAY AROUND THIS SITE I HAVE RECIEVED MANY E-MAILS, TODAY I WILL SPENDING THE DAY WITH MY GRANDCHILDREN, MAKAYLA MY YOUNGEST OF THE THREE (17 MONTHS) WILL BE SPENDING THE NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME WITHOUT MOMMY AND DADDY HOPE IT GOES WELL. IT IS SO GREAT TO HER FROM WOMEN JUST LIKE ME

I AM BLESSED,
THERESA

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 05:18:52 am »
I and Welcome

I have not been hear much over the summer but I believe we have already met through twitter? - You may not be the same person for forgive me if you are not.

Anyway I am glad you have found this forum.

I have not been around for a while due to starting a business and summer is our busy season  and also my mother died in Jan followed sadly by  my older brother committing suicide in June ( not HIV related he was very physically healthy)  and while I should come to this forum for support when upset I find it is then that I can not ...partly because I do not want to bring down all theses lovey women who also may have their own issues...so if I am upset by something other than an HIV issue I find it hard to write on the internet.

But I always know this group is hear and that is very comforting even if I can not use it.

Anyway I am glad you found it

Veritee
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline netta

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 03:25:35 pm »
Hi Teresa, nice to meet you! glad you found us! please post on the womens forum, when you can, we keep up with each other daily and are tight knit community!
"to thine own self be true"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.