Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:17:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 609
Total: 610

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I seedy  (Read 4180 times)

Offline ibrahim_tr

I seedy
« on: August 18, 2017, 12:29:37 pm »

Hello i got new diagnosis. I am from Turkey.

Hiv rna: 235
CD4: 1100
Medicine: stribild

Should I begin? The doctor wrote the medicines and said to start immediately. I'm 24 years old.

When is the definitive treatment of this disease?

How long do we have life?

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: I seedy
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 12:47:48 pm »
I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but glad that you have found these forums for support and enlightenment.

You should follow your doctor's advice and begin your antiretroviral regimen (Stribild) as soon as practicable, since it is generally recommended today that HIV positive people begin treatment right away, regardless of CD4 numbers.  That way, the HIV can do as little damage to your immune system as possible.

Your CD4 number is very strong, so that is a very good thing.  Your Viral Load number is low, so you will be "undetectable" quickly.

Once on your Stribild regimen, and your adhering to it, you can fully expect to live a long and healthy life.

You will be fine: you have every chance to live a normal lifespan.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline ibrahim_tr

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 08:07:20 am »
Thanks for your message. I hope the exact treatment is found a moment ago. There may be side effects of drug use for many years.

I will start using the medicines after 1 month, ie about 3 months after the medicines have been infected.

I am 24 years old, and how long is my life constantly searching for it.

Medication is almost 1000mg too much. It's like taking antibiotics for many years. Genvoya 500mg odefsey 250 mg hope that the next pill will become genvoya.

Genvoya to come to Turkey in 1-2 months
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:14:09 am by ibrahim_tr »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 08:23:20 am »
Hi

I agree with patrick.

Start treatment and be adherent to it. HIV is not a barrier to living a long and happy life with the treatment you have.

The sooner you start the treatment the sooner the HIV will be suppressed and no longer be doing uncontrolled measured and unmeasured damage to your health.

I am 24 years old, and how long is my life constantly searching for it.
Nobody can predict how long you personally will live, you could be run over by a bus tomorrow so instead of searching or an answer nobody can ever give you, take my advice just live your life. 

HIV simply is not a game changer it was and with treatment you should expect a near normal expectancy I've added some links to help put your mind at rest.

Take it easy

Jim

When to start meds:
https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=51849.msg719533#new

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/starting-hiv-treatment

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=66309.msg
Topic: Life expectancy starting antiretroviral therapy post 2008 = 78 Years

https://www.poz.com/article/life-expectancy-24972-2090
Life Expectancy for Young People With HIV Is Nearly Normal

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 08:25:38 am »
Why do you think you will have side affects for many years ?
Follow your doctors advise and begin treatment and you will live to be an old man.
We're all going to die but if you take your meds it won't be from HIV.

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline ibrahim_tr

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 10:03:14 am »
Long-term medications may harm the kidneys and liver. Bone marrow may occur. Frankly I am afraid of them.

As our age progresses, we will not be just HIV positive. Sugar, blood pressure, thyroid and other diseases will we be able to deal with these more?

The most important thing is surgery can we get our medicines?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 11:18:14 am »
As you age you will, just like anyone else on earth regardless of HIV status have to deal with manageable or treatable conditions.

What is your concern with that?  Its the normal human condition.

Is your question can you have surgery if you are HIV positive ? Sure if you ever need it.

Long-term medications may harm the kidneys and liver. Bone marrow may occur. Frankly I am afraid of them.

Today's medication is to be frank is very mild, your fears are just that fears not facts. Let me put it this way for you, it's 2017 and with today's medication you are already expected to live a normal life span. Great news  :)

You are also one of the most monitored patient groups in the world. Meaning if anything for any reason does pop up, as you age in 30-40 years time it will be picked up and treated early.  Again good stuff.

The medication from now 2017 is not what it was 25/30 years ago and we have members who can personally testify to that, in another 25/30 years so in 2047 it will be even more advanced than now.

In the meantime however if you don't take your meds you will not have to worry about 2047 as without the treatment you will die long before that or by delaying long enough you could be left with permanent damage from the HIV before you do start taking meds.

You should be far less scared of the meds and stop scaring yourself with outdated information or thoughts and you should be far more scared of the HIV. Uncontrolled HIV will lead to your death. I am not saying that to be mean but it is that simple and it's not a pleasent way to die.

Jim
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:38:21 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ibrahim_tr

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 12:01:37 pm »
Thanks jim for those beautiful thoughts. I hope the treatment is available as soon as possible. Up to 15 years to the doctor or vaccination.

I'll start with the stribild, then I said genvo, I hope it will not be a problem. How are these drugs?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 02:14:23 pm »
stribild is fine, genvoya is the updated version. You can't take both at the same time, I presume you are starting on stribild and hope to switch to genvoya in the future.

Jim

https://www.poz.com/drug/stribild

https://www.poz.com/drug/genvoya
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.