Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:27:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37689
  • Latest: Bruno
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773510
  • Total Topics: 66378
  • Online Today: 430
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 173
Total: 174

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please life changing situation  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Sam7777

• Standard
Please life changing situation
« on: November 05, 2017, 03:46:54 am »
I have very complicated situation .. am Syrian and my country is going through brutal war and i live i a middle east country along with my family for 10 years ... 3 weeks ago i went i vacation to Thailand ... the lack of sexual education made me perfrom oral sex on 3 diffrent sex workers since i thought sex is the only risky act ( i have bleeding gum when i brush my teeth )  ...
First week back i had fatigue and i didn't feel my self ... second week i had mild fever with night sweat ( not severe ) and now for more than a week i have swollen glands and sore throat with swollen lymph on the neck .. i used antibiotics but it didn't help .... i have been through hell ... i cry and i search suicide every day .. because the government requestes a medical check to renew my residence ( applied to foreign coming from suspected countries )
Am an engineer .. the community here is small and very strict .. my parents is basically saints .. it will latterly kill them if i tested positive ...my life the life of my family will be destroyed .. it will kill them ... i dont care about my self .. am useless .. but my family is the one i care about .. the stigma will haunt my sisters and brothers .. i have been going through hell .. i honestly wish i can die right away .. every day i think about committing suicide in a far place ..
Am not allowed to go and be tested outside ( work policy they hold my passport and i cant take a leave unless for urgent situation ) and the test here is an obligation after 6 weeks of coming back ...
Please tell me what shall i do ... am thinking about running away and just not doing the test ... its easier than the possibility of being postive ...
HIV , HSV , hepatits b , c , and syphles will mean am done ... any of them will end my life
Please tell me what shall i do ... run and ruin my life but save my family reputation or test and risk the life of the people i love ... please tell me honestly ... be direct .. my life is on the edge ... i just want to cut my neck and get rid of this sore throat ... please helpppp me .. pleasee

Offline Sam7777

• Standard
Re: Please life changing situation
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 04:11:33 am »
I have to mention few other facts along with fever i experienced headches  .....
Currently am experiencing a huge lack of appetite.. i cant even handle any thing in my mouth .. i lost wieght almost 3 kgs and still going ...
In case am postive i have to be deported and if i refused i will be jailed ( can you imagine that ) ...

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 04:35:27 am »
From what I can understand from your post, you are concerned that you may have contracted the HIV from performing unprotected oral sex.

Unprotected oral sex is an extremely unlikely mode of HIV transmission, especially if the sex workers were female, and would require that your mouth have gaping wounds (not merely some bleeding gums).

However, performing oral sex could expose you to other STD'/STI's.

We don't assess symptoms on these forums because symptoms of HIV infection, if they occur at all, vary widely.  You should not assess them either.

If you are ill, you should see a doctor.

Your symptoms are unrelated to HIV infection and are most likely aggravated by your current anxiety.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Sam7777

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 04:42:22 am »
That means theres a huge possiblity of hepatit b and c or hsv ... i think i have a panic attack right now .. please tell me what should i do .. my life on the line ... if i see a doctor and he requested a blood test its the same result the goverment will be infromed .. please what can i do .. years of hard work and my family life on the line here
My sore throat and glands are killing me ...

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 04:53:37 am »
No, it does not mean that there's a "huge" possibility of other infections.  Those infections are simply easier to contract than the HIV.

It is highly unlikely that you have contracted any type of hepatitis from your activities as described.  If you were at risk for any type of sexual infection from performing oral sex, the infections most likely would be gonorrhea or syphilis.

You simply can't try to self-diagnose because of a few "symptoms."

If you are ill, seek medical attention.

It is far, far more likely that your symptoms are related to a seasonal illness, such as the flu, or are the result of your current anxiety.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.