Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:53:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773194
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 271
Total: 273

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Need an AMG volunteer  (Read 6477 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Need an AMG volunteer
« on: July 08, 2009, 05:46:16 pm »
As every one of you know, Hubby, Mim, and I will be staying at a different hotel.  Although we'll only be 2 miles away, it will still be very easy for us to miss stuff like breakfast plans and last minute changes.  I've PM'd a couple of people about swapping cell phone numbers.  However, neither one of them has a cell phone - and I thought I was behind the times.

What we need is someone who: A) has a cell phone they are bringing to AMG, B) is close to the action / planning.  In other words, close to Jan, C) doesn't mind giving us a holler about any last minute plans or changes, and D) WON'T FORGET!  ;D

Mum (who flies out 4wks from tomorrow - YEAH!!!!!)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline AndyArrow

Re: Need an AMG volunteer
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 05:55:20 pm »
Mum--

I don't know much I'll be involved in the action/planning of anything but if you like I can follow Jan around like one of her critters & I keep my cell phone with me.

I'll give you a PM.

Hugs,
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 06:31:50 pm »
I'll drag Andy around with me if I have to Mom, and train him to understand the words "GET IN BEHIND"... ;D..but don't worry we will not leave you guys out of anything.

Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:33:54 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 07:06:28 pm »
I try not to be so connected, but  I'll have my phone and you can bet I'll keep you in the loop!

PM to follow.

Creighton

Offline minismom

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 03:11:40 pm »
Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I got everyone's PM that sent me one (let the crank calls begin...just kidding).  I can't wait to see you all in....4wks!!!!

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Basquo

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 08:23:30 pm »
I just added Mum and Hubby's numbers to my phone, and sent a text message to confirm:

Hey there it's Creighton confirming that i have your numbers in my phone!  See you in 2 weeks!

and I got this reply:

This is (hubby's) number   this is my very first text   it takes 2 long   see u in 2 wks

So let me just say here what I dared not text back..."I FEEL U BRO!  I HATE TEXTING 2!  THIS SH-T IS 4 TEENS WHO DON'T HAVE CHORES!!!"

I'm really looking forward to meeting Mim's dad! I think we think alike already.

Offline minismom

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 08:12:11 am »
LOL, Basquo, that text was from ME - not Hubby!!  We were sitting in church and Hubby hands me his phone and says, "Some guy just sent you a text on my phone."  I saw it was you, and Hubby had to teach me how the heck to text.  It took me 10 minutes just to send that little message, then I had no idea how to send it.  Hubby read it and started laughing.  He said in the time it took me to type it, he thought I was sending you my auto-biography. 

You know, you could've just called - I know how to talk. ;D

Mum
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:24:38 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 08:19:35 am »
The reason I didn't call is because you can send a text to multiple recipients--so you should have gotten one on your phone too.  Two birds and all that. Let me know if you didn't get one!!

Offline minismom

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 10:24:09 am »
I'll have to check it this evening.  Tell you the truth, Hubby'll have to show me how to get my texts - I have no idea.  I'll let you know.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 11:23:48 pm »
Creighton, this is why I hate technology!  I have no idea if I got your text or not because I have no idea how to retrieve it :-\  The only "text" button I found was for me to write a text - but I couldn't find a button to read one that was sent.  But, you have Hubby's number and we'll both have our phones on the entire trip.  I can't stand to be disconnected from my babies for that long.

Mum - leaving 2wks from tomorrow!!!!

www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.