Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:29:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 362
Total: 366

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Surgery about to happen...  (Read 12954 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Surgery about to happen...
« on: June 24, 2021, 10:49:25 am »
Update,..

Over a year ago, I posted here, that I thought I might have Covid toes:

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=73775.msg768627#msg768627

3 times I have been to the dermatologist, and was given SILVADENE, CALCIPOTRIENE CREAM AND FLOROURCIL. This should have been removed well over a year ago. Dermatology  basically ignored it.  >:(

The small lesion on my left foot, second toe, never went away.

Long story short,.... I went to my primary care about a week and a half ago, And showed the toe to him.

He immediately made me an appointment with a podiatrist. They biopsied it immediately , and sure enough it was basal cell carcinoma.

I met with the Podiatrist/ Surgeon again 2 days ago, and everything is set up to go. After I spoke with him they immediately set me up with labs, chest xray, and EKG. All were completed, within an hour after talking to the surgeon.

MY surgery date is July 14th, and I will be put under for this, and will be done in the surgical room at 6:00 am. I also have to get a COVID test on July 12th (within 48 hours) of surgery. Even though I already had the vaccine, its policy to get a covid test prior to surgery. I will have to do the same thing again, later in the year, when I get my colonoscopy.

They will be taking an area from my thigh, to graft onto the area of my small toe. The toe will not have to be removed. But they will be performing a sort of MOES on my toe, basically slicing a little at a time, and sending it to the lab, until they determine, that no more Basal cell can be detected.

The area on my toe, is still just slightly larger than a pencil eraser, it is not sore.

I was told, that I will have to wear a boot for a while, and my follow up after surgery, is in July 20th. Hopefully the skin graft they use from my thigh will take hold, and I will have no issues.

He did say my toe may look a slightly deformed, but I can live with that. The surgeon also told me he very rarely ever sees a Basal cell on the toe.  There's just not a lot of flesh to work with on my bony, chickit looking toe.  :P 

I am angry at dermatology, and will not be playing games with them anymore. Of all the years in the VA healthcare system, this is really my first major complaint.

Otherwise,... All is going well !!  :)

Hope everyone is doing well !!

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

Re: Surgery about to happen...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 12:42:24 pm »
Oh man,hope everything goes well. Does it hurt? Or did they describe any possible meds for the pain (if any).
I'm sending you all my positive wishes so that everything goes well and that you recover quickly.
Do update us after everything is done.
Yeah,dermatologists did the same to my mom (she had a different thing on her nail and they misdiagnosed her). It's a good thing you got the actual diagnosis. Now that you know,again I hope everything goes well and that you will be ok afterwards.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 03:52:06 pm »
Oh man,hope everything goes well. Does it hurt? Or did they describe any possible meds for the pain (if any).

Thanks !  8)

No,.. It currently does not hurt.  :)   And I am not sure, if they will give me pain meds or not, after the surgery. I am assuming they may give me something for a few days. Maybe some antibiotics as well, but not sure about that.

Besides being pissed off at dermatology, I am pissed off at myself for not being more aggressive in my care.

Lesson learned !

Hope all is going well Fabio !!

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 03:53:07 pm »
PS.

I may take some before and after pics !

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 08:47:57 pm »

ojo.         Hello there…good luck on you surgery my friend.        ojo

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 09:18:35 pm »
Thank you Tonny !  8) I am just hoping that the graft works out fine,  that's the most important thing at this point.  And hopefully no infection sets in. I am healthy, so all should be fine. Thanks Again ! 

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 10:19:00 am »
Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 06:22:56 pm »
Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

Thanks Jim,..

I was speaking, with a nurse while at the pool today, who is very familiar with skin graft surgery. She said the skin graft removal, will probably be more painful than the toe will be. She stated doctors usually take a little more skin than necessary. She also mentioned about the delicacy of the skin graft, how sometimes it doesn't take.  ( Exactly what the surgeon told me). The main thing is keeping it dry, keeping it clean, and keeping off my feet for a few days, and keeping the boot on at all times.

I watched a you tube video on skin-graft harvesting    :o   , and I can see where what she meant, when she said id could be more painful than the toe.  ::)

Its gong to be such a bummer, not being able to exercise or swim for a period of time.

Lol,.....But I'm ready !

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 02:51:02 am »
Goodluck with the surgery, and hope all goes well with the skin graft. Tell them to make sure they graft "thick" skin. (skin near the groin is thinner.....they may be inclined to graft there because the lession will be less visible when wearing shorts)

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 04:44:57 pm »
Tell them to make sure they graft "thick" skin. (skin near the groin is thinner.....they may be inclined to graft there because the lession will be less visible when wearing shorts)

Thanks !! I will ask the surgeon about that ! ( While i am still conscious )  :D

I forgot to mention this earlier, But when I was talking to the surgeon this past week, he suggested that the Basal cell, and squamous  issues that I am having may be a result of living with HIV, for the past 35 years. I agreed with him, as I have seen the statistics on HIV infected people on getting Basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas. 

Ray 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 04:47:01 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 04:55:38 pm »
Thanks Jim,..

I was speaking, with a nurse while at the pool today, who is very familiar with skin graft surgery. She said the skin graft removal, will probably be more painful than the toe will be. She stated doctors usually take a little more skin than necessary. She also mentioned about the delicacy of the skin graft, how sometimes it doesn't take.  ( Exactly what the surgeon told me). The main thing is keeping it dry, keeping it clean, and keeping off my feet for a few days, and keeping the boot on at all times.

I watched a you tube video on skin-graft harvesting    :o   , and I can see where what she meant, when she said id could be more painful than the toe.  ::)

Its gong to be such a bummer, not being able to exercise or swim for a period of time.

Lol,.....But I'm ready !

Ray  8)

Hopefully, the discomfort will be manageable and wishing you all the best.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2021, 05:21:03 pm »

Ill See if I can do this right,...This is the toe, in its current state. More pics to follow:

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2021, 05:27:16 pm »
 :)

I am quite worried, about my foot modeling career.  ;D I think it may be over !  ;D

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2021, 05:29:42 pm »

And I really need to stop biting my nails .  :)  I should have kicked that habit 60 years ago.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2021, 05:35:49 pm »

Hope everyone is celebrating some Pride events, that may be going on in your city. We're heading down to St. Petersburg in a few hours, where I will have 1 real beer ( Miller Lite) and the rest Non-alcohol. Ed and I are going to do a little Bar hopping, for a couple hours.

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2021, 05:51:51 pm »
And I really need to stop biting my nails .  :)  I should have kicked that habit 60 years ago.
Haha You still have a chance for the hands modeling career 🤣.

Offline fabio

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2021, 05:55:23 pm »
Hope everyone is celebrating some Pride events, that may be going on in your city. We're heading down to St. Petersburg in a few hours, where I will have 1 real beer ( Miller Lite) and the rest Non-alcohol. Ed and I are going to do a little Bar hopping, for a couple hours.

Ray  8)
I'll probably celebrate it alone at home,since theres no pride in my island. The good thing is that I finished my finals ,and the first year. And what do you know,I passed everything (except for biochemistry with the late upload of my paper 😅).
Looks like I'm not the only one limiting my alcohol and drinking non alcoholic stuff lol. Do have fun though and celebrate for us too 🙂

Offline zach

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2021, 09:09:47 am »
In August I have an appt with a dermatologist for the scratch on my nose that happened in 2017.

Skin graft sounds... not cool.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2021, 07:08:39 pm »
In August I have an appt with a dermatologist for the scratch on my nose that happened in 2017.

Skin graft sounds... not cool.

Zach,..

Yes,  get that nose checked out. I think what concerns me the most about this,  is once again, making sure the graft takes place, and infection can be a possibility, so I will make sure to do whatever is possible to make sure that doesn't happen.

Take care---Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2021, 03:32:04 pm »
 8)

I received my 2 telephone pre-op calls on Friday, One from the anesthesiologist, and one call from an RN.

This was just for the do's and dont's, prior to surgery. They went over my history, and everything is fine. The results of my  chest xray, EKG, and labs were fine.

There was a lot of confusion, on when to get the Covid test done.  On the Surgeons notes, it says to get the test on Monday morning.

Then a nurse,  about a week ago told me that I should get it today ( Sunday), because there would not be enough processing time for the swab, if I get it on Monday.

Another nurse said hogwash,,..... That there would be plenty of time to process the results of the swab, if I get it done tomorrow ( Monday) morning. I had this verified by 2 other nurses, that Monday is fine . ( followed up and followed through... Got to be proactive on this.     ::)

Besides the tests needed to be done 48 hours prior to surgery, and if I had done what the other nurse suggested, on Sunday, it would be too far in advance.

So tomorrow morning I will get the Covid swab done, and keep my fingers crossed that the results come in prior to surgery on Wednesday. Otherwise it will screw everything up.

I will get one more call on Tuesday for the exact time of surgery. I thought it was going to be 6:00 AM on Wednesday, but they stated they place that time slot for everyone, in the computer,  but the actual time will be  given to me on Tuesday, but it will be on Wednesday.

Hope everyone is well ! That's all folks ! Everything is going fine, and I am feeling great !

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2021, 06:47:08 am »
8)

I received my 2 telephone pre-op calls on Friday, One from the anesthesiologist, and one call from an RN.

This was just for the do's and dont's, prior to surgery. They went over my history, and everything is fine. The results of my  chest xray, EKG, and labs were fine.

There was a lot of confusion, on when to get the Covid test done.  On the Surgeons notes, it says to get the test on Monday morning.

Then a nurse,  about a week ago told me that I should get it today ( Sunday), because there would not be enough processing time for the swab, if I get it on Monday.

Another nurse said hogwash,,..... That there would be plenty of time to process the results of the swab, if I get it done tomorrow ( Monday) morning. I had this verified by 2 other nurses, that Monday is fine . ( followed up and followed through... Got to be proactive on this.     ::)

Besides the tests needed to be done 48 hours prior to surgery, and if I had done what the other nurse suggested, on Sunday, it would be too far in advance.

So tomorrow morning I will get the Covid swab done, and keep my fingers crossed that the results come in prior to surgery on Wednesday. Otherwise it will screw everything up.

I will get one more call on Tuesday for the exact time of surgery. I thought it was going to be 6:00 AM on Wednesday, but they stated they place that time slot for everyone, in the computer,  but the actual time will be  given to me on Tuesday, but it will be on Wednesday.

Hope everyone is well ! That's all folks ! Everything is going fine, and I am feeling great !

Ray  8)
I'm really glad you are feeling well. In general do not stress over it,get a good sleep the day before.
I would imagine how some nurses say the opposite of what other co-workers say, scares me to see how my future co-workers will be haha.
Anyways,I wish you good luck and hope everything goes well. Do inform us of how everything went.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2021, 11:01:13 am »
Well, good luck with the surgery and fingers crossed the covid test comes back negative so things can proceed. Hopefully, the confusion of when to get the COVID test was resolved.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2021, 06:35:54 pm »
Well, good luck with the surgery and fingers crossed the covid test comes back negative so things can proceed.

Completed the covid swab at 8:15 this morning. Done while sitting in my car. He said if they don't call you, everything is fine. So hopefully, I won't get a phone call !!

Tomorrow, I will get the call for surgery time on Wednesday.

Ray  :)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2021, 12:39:20 pm »
Best wishes for tomorrow, and speedy recovery.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2021, 12:46:11 pm »
Best wishes for tomorrow, and speedy recovery.

Thanks !  I also received the results for the Covid swab about 45 minutes ago at noon.  NEGATIVE !

Game on..  Still waiting for the hospital to call me, to finalize the time.

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2021, 05:15:34 pm »
 8)

I'm going to bed in about two hours. The call came through, and they want me there at 5:45 AM.

ughhhhh,....I am not an early morning person anymore !  :)

Ray 

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2021, 09:08:53 am »
8)

I'm going to bed in about two hours. The call came through, and they want me there at 5:45 AM.

ughhhhh,....I am not an early morning person anymore !  :)

Ray
That sucks,here we do surgeries after 12 (usually when they are programmed). Anyways,good luck and tell us what happened after wards.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2021, 01:38:58 pm »
 8)

I am back home.  Surgery was a success. It lasted about 1 hour 40 minutes. They did the skin graft high, on the upper left thigh. was told to keep my foot elevated for as long as possible, and keep off my feet, and keep it dry. I am to leave everything as is, with no bandage change until I see them again on the follow up appt.

the only 2 prescriptions I received ACETAMINOPHEN 325 MG, to be taken for fever or pain. And IBUPROFEN 600MG

Graft upper thigh

In Recovery

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2021, 01:40:49 pm »
 8)

I am not always that miserable looking ! LOL  :P

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2021, 01:45:41 pm »

I was told the tape on the skin graft area will just come off naturally in a few days, and to just leave it alone.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2021, 01:50:06 pm »
 ::)

I was also quite aware of everything during the entire time. I kept looking at the clock on the wall. had an IV in my left wrist. One time I felt something, and the nurse gave me a little more juice.  :D I could not see what they were doing though, they had a screen in front of me.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2021, 01:58:10 pm »

I think I am going to take the IBUPROFEN, in a little bit. Otherwise I feel pretty good, no discomfort. Yet,

And as the nurse at the pool told me the other day, the area where the skin graft come from, will be more painful than the toe. They mentioned that to me as well today.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2021, 02:24:39 pm »
Glad to see you are doing well.  Try reading a really good book or binging some really good show. Usually if I'm distracted from pain... I don't give it any real attention.  I did work retail and we had to unload our own trucks.  I tended NOT to realize the pain until after I got home..lol

Get better kiddo!!
Bubba hugs!

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2021, 03:25:25 pm »
Good to read that the surgery went well. Now give it time to heal. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Offline fabio

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2021, 12:25:04 am »
Get well soon Ray! I'm happy everything went well. The area the skin graft gets cultivated is bound to hurt,they literally shave off your skin,I did watch a YouTube video 😅.
Hope you recover fast and make sure to eat and drink lots of stuff,also rest.

Offline fabio

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2021, 12:26:02 am »
Also try to call someone to do stuff for you.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2021, 04:46:32 am »
Oh boy, just going through your thread and had no idea this was going down with you Ray. I've never heard of that kind of thing.. but glad it's turning out alright now.

Now you'll have some new battle scars to brag about. ;)

Hoping you have a good recovery with as little discomfort as possible.. hope those drugs gonna do the trick.

Get yourself some good rest Ray.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2021, 07:43:46 am »

ojo.          Glad to hear surgery went well. Hang in there, we aré pulling for you…hugs

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2021, 10:52:59 am »
Also try to call someone to do stuff for you.

:)  Oh yes,no problem there. My partner Ed is great at all that. We have our 41st anniversary coming up here in a little over a week. Hopefully I will be completely mobile by then, so we can go out to a fantastic dinner.

Thanks to Almost2 late, Patrick, Tonny, and Grasshopper, for your well wishes.  8)

I really don't like being stationary.  This morning, I had the bad foot and leg outside the bathtub, and I showered the right half of my body and washed my hair. I sponged the left side, making sure to keep everything dry.

I took a break for 30 minutes, and then shaved.  Took another break, and brushed my teeth.  ;D Rhis method worked very well today.

I actually slept very well last night. I think the 2 tabs of acetaminophen did the trick.So far today. everything is great.

I may go out to my Ballet class now. Ha ha  ;D

Thanks again !

Ray 

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2021, 03:15:13 pm »
These make it so much easier to take a normal shower :

https://www.amazon.com/Shower-Boot/s?k=Shower+Boot

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2021, 06:02:09 pm »
These make it so much easier to take a normal shower :

https://www.amazon.com/Shower-Boot/s?k=Shower+Boot

I agree,  Unfortunately they won't fit over the boot. The nurse gave me 2 plastic bags that were similar, with elastic bands around the top. But, I cant even get them over the boot. They won't stretch that big, I probably could use a big old hefty bag to pull up around the leg,  :P   But I think I would have a problem sealing it, around the area where they took the graft from. The boot is non flexible, which prevents me from getting it into the bag.

If I remain careful, I can most likely get by, with the method I used this morning.

Thanks...

Ray  8)   
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 06:04:12 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2021, 06:29:47 pm »
Update 7/20/21

I went to my first post op appt today. It has been 6 days since I had surgery on my foot.

I watched VERY closely today, as the nurse slowly unwrapped the bandages, that went up just below the kneecap.

Then came the good part, peeling away the bandages around the toe, and I was surprised, but all the bandages and gauze pads, and the small amount of packing, came off very easily without any sticking.

I got to see the skin that was grafted onto the toe, And I thought at first glance that it looked really good.  The Nurse said it looked very good.

The toe was slightly swollen ( Not Much), and pink to light red in color, But it was not sore, and did not appear to have any infection. There was no pain. I thought the top portion of my foot might be black and blue, but it was fine.

He snapped about 4 pictures of the toe, and sent them off to the surgeon. the surgeon was pleased with what he seen, but insisted that I go one more week with the boot on.

I brought my left shoe with me today, thinking that I may leave wit that on, bit that was wishful thinking.  :D

So, I have 1 more appointment, set for next Tuesday the 27th.

Until then, I was sent home with a bag of goodies, and was told I can do my own bandage change daily. Clean the area with sterile saline spray, but no rubbing. Just pat dry, and apply the bandages in the sequence I was shown. Looked easy enough.

There is one bandage that goes against the toe first. This has petroleum base on the bandage.

I will need help in applying the long stretch bandage, up to the knee.

I am still flexible enough to bring my foot up to my stomach, and if I need any help, Ed will be there for me. I am sure he wants to be a part of it.

I can take the boot off several times a day, as long as I keep my feet up on the bed.

The nurse said these heavy boots, can result in a lot of moisture build- up on the bottom of the feet, especially around the toe area, so basically said to take the boot off, and let it air out, which is fine with me. I am laying here with the boot off right now, and it feels sooooo good.  :P

Final instructions before leaving today, was to look for anything that may look like an infection, or painful, when changing the bandage daily, to which I am supposed to call immediately, and come back in. I still have plenty of anti inflammatory medication on hand, and acetimetephen. I haven't taken anything for the past 2 days.

But I am feeling good about this. For 6 days I have been following the Doctors orders, of keeping off my feet and keeping my foot elevated, and not to put any pressure on it. And it looks as though it payed off !!

Hopefully next Tuesday, I can go back to wearing my normal shoes again.

All is well !!

Ray  8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2021, 06:36:06 pm »
OH,..

And one more thing, I read the pathology report, showing the area is now free from any Basal cell ! That makes me feel great ! Cause I would really hate to have to go through all this again.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fabio

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2021, 06:38:58 pm »
OH,..

And one more thing, I read the pathology report, showing the area is now free from any Basal cell ! That makes me feel great ! Cause I would really hate to have to go through all this again.

Ray
Oh man,congratulations! You got rid of it,my friends dad had it on his nose and he had to do 2 surgeries for it to be completely removed.
Now hang on till it heals up,get better Ray! 🤘🙂

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2021, 05:26:37 am »
Good to read that all went well.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2021, 03:48:41 pm »
 8)

Ed and I just did my first bandage change.  Everything went well. My next post will include two photos of the toe, one week after surgery, if anyone may be a little squeamish, don't look at it. It looks even better today than yesterday

I will then post a few photos of my anal wart surgery removal. NOT  :P

Ray  8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 03:54:16 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2021, 03:52:58 pm »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2021, 05:43:56 pm »
 8)

Had my second post op appointment today, and the boot is now officially off the foot !

The doctor said the toe looks bootyfull.  ;D It healed up great, and the graft took with no problem.

They gave me the boot for a souvenir. Otherwise they just toss it out.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2021, 06:57:08 pm »
I will then post a few photos of my anal wart surgery removal. NOT  :P
omg! pls no! LOL

It looks even better today than yesterday
that looks better?!? ugh. But healing can be an ugly process.
Glad to hear and see that things are improving!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2021, 07:48:28 pm »

ojo.        Hello there!!!…I’m glad everything is going well…keep up the good work…hugs

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.