Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:08:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 202
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Newly Diagnosed - Transmasculine (Feeling alone as a a transgender man)  (Read 9553 times)

Offline ejpalace

Hey all -
I was recently diagnosed on September 10th and was immediately started on Biktarky on September 11th. I am quickly coming to terms with this considering I have worked at many HIV prevention and education organizations, but I am really realizing how isolating it is as a transgender man. Either they are quiet about it, or do not really exist. Just trying to navigate this.

Also - My VL was crazy high on my diagnosis which was concerning, but my doctor assured me that it was because I was right in the middle of seroconversion?

I was negative in January, March, and June and then positive in September. I was in bed VERY sick from August 30th-September 5th with fever, fatigue, and loss of appetite; and my doctor feels that that's when I was converting? Idk.. still learning all this.

xoxoxox

Offline Almost2late

Re: Newly Diagnosed - Transmasculine (Feeling alone as a a transgender man)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 02:44:06 am »
Hi ejpalace,

Sorry about your recent diagnosis, but better you found out sooner than later. You are not alone.. and although you may be in a minority group as a poz transgendered male, you are still someone who shares the same diagnoses as the rest of the positive community. We're all human, and personally I've found lots of support from people different from myself.. you can too.

I know it can be hard but It does get easier to deal with in time. It's good that you are already on treatment before the virus can do any damage.

Have you thought of connecting with support groups in your area  since you've had some experience with HIV organizations. I know in my area they've been zooming online due to covid.

I remember when I seroconverted, I thought it was just the most awful flu of my life and had no idea it was hiv. Fast forward about 15 years and I was in the hospital with aids. Yet, here I am, and so are you.

Wishing you the very best, and welcome.

Offline nethan1621

Re: Newly Diagnosed - Transmasculine (Feeling alone as a a transgender man)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 12:09:23 pm »
Hi , how are you doing ?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.