Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:38:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tashack - a Promising Cure for HIV/Aids  (Read 12745 times)

Offline xrel0aded

Tashack - a Promising Cure for HIV/Aids
« on: November 12, 2013, 02:28:54 pm »

THE National Institute for Medicine Research (NIMR) and Ministry of Health in the country have announced the positive development of an HIV/AIDS herb which in the final stages of being declared the cure to the deadly diseases which have been a threat worldwide for many years.

Since 2004 when the beginning of research on the medicine began, 90 patients have been treated with it are reported to have healthier lives.

In the recent exclusive interview with the 'Sunday News', the Principal Research Scientist and Head of Department of Traditional Medicine Research for NIMR Dr Hamis Malebo said the medicine comprises four traditional herbs used to cure Diarrhoea, Skin diseases, Chest diseases and Measles.

"TASHACK is more effective in reducing the high viral load, fighting opportunistic diseases but increases body immunity and leaves the body stronger.

You can't imagine we have patients since 1990 and they have neither been attacked by opportunistic diseases nor experienced weight loss and they never used any other modern medicine beside this herb," Dr Malebo said.

According to him, the research for medicine and testing is going on in Tanga Region under NIMR, thanks to the cooperation extended by the Muhimbili National Referral Hospital, Tanga AIDS Working Group (TAWG), Bombo Regional Hospital and Tanzania Food and Nutrition Centre (TFNC).

"The research has now reached a stage where the researchers are considering whether to declare it a cure for HIV/ AIDS. We consider the search has been conducted for long enough time to remove any fear of sideeffects because we have never seen any," he said.

"Because of its high reduction of viral road, high body immune counts (CD4) , increase of body strength and its promotion to good health and that there is no noticeable side effect to it yet after all these years of research but only more of advantages, we declare it the most potent cure of HIV/ AIDS," he added.

The Ministry of Health and Social Welfare spokesperson Nsachris Mwamwaja told 'Sunday News' that they confirm the progress as stated by NIMR and the Ministry blesses each move.

"I recognise the move because we and NIMR work as one, so I can not deny what they say on their research activities, but we cannot declare that it is HIV/ AIDS cure yet, people have been told that the disease has no cure and so they should take precautions before breaking the news," Mwamwaja said.

Thoughts? Is this even credible? Has anyone heard of Tashack? Or is another one of those herbalist conspiracies?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:21:39 pm by Jeff G »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Tashack - a Promising Cure for HIV/Aids
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:49:11 pm »
Its most certainly fake . How about an introduction , are you HIV positive ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 04:04:26 pm »
1) Post a link to your quoted material.

2) Are you HIV+?

If so, welcome to the forum! 

Yeah its probably just high hopes.  Or maybe a complete nasty fraud. 

If you stick around the forum you can see these types of "cures" and "potential cures" and "promising research" posted all the time. 

Just keep with the science and critical attitude. 

If a cure comes out of traditional herbal potions, fine, great,  everyone in the world is gonna hear about it as soon as it has been vetted by peer scientists.  We will all have a big party and be grateful.

On that note, if someone has managed a treatment -- that is NOT haart -- that has kept HIV+ people healthy and thriving since 1990, WE WOULD HAVE ALREADY HEARD ABOUT IT.   It would be immoral to keep such a thing a secret for 23 years. 

So if you look at it logically, its completely ridiculous, not to mention insulting.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:07:48 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:09:12 pm »
1) Post a link to your quoted material.

2) Are you HIV+?

If so, welcome to the forum! 

Yeah its probably just high hopes.  Or maybe a complete nasty fraud. 

If you stick around the forum you can see these types of "cures" and "potential cures" and "promising research" posted all the time. 

Just keep with the science and critical attitude. 

If a cure comes out of traditional herbal potions, fine, great,  everyone in the world is gonna hear about it as soon as it has been vetted by peer scientists.  We will all have a big party and be grateful.

He posted a link but I removed it until we get a proper introduction .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 04:13:39 pm »
ah
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 04:22:07 pm »
I tried researching this and all I could find were news articles that have been picked up and spread like gospel.  Not one mention of who the researchers are, any study results...etc. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline J220

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 07:45:00 pm »
There's so many contradictions and red flags on that "article" that I don't even know where to begin. A load of crap, period.....carry on.
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 08:52:46 am »
One "news" article about this stuff states:

"Of late, according to Dr Malebo, there are more than 6000 users of the TASHACK herb and 90 of them are progressing very well since 1990 when the trials started with TAWG to date."

So I can only assume that out of 6000, 5910 ARE NOT "progressing very well".

Loadacodswallop.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline xrel0aded

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 09:55:39 pm »
I don't understand the logic behind deleting the URL until I've introduced myself. Either way, my names' Jake, I'm 21 and tested poz in July. Right now my VL is 78,000 and CD4 is 539 CD4% @ 18%, which my previous VL & CD4 two months ago were 520 and 130,000. I'm new to all of this so I'm not sure how my levels got "better". Anyway, sorry for the crappy link, like I said, this is all new to me and while I know most credible websites to check for research news, I don't know the not-credible ones. I'm very scared to start the meds because I've very rarely even taken an aspirin when I definitely needed one. I plan on dolutegravir+epzicom when necessary. I don't know when i should start treatment. My doctor is more concerned about my comfort with starting the meds than my numbers. So we'll see. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 10:20:41 pm »
Welcome to the forums Jake glad you found us but sorry you needed too .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 11:13:44 pm »
Jake,

Just wanted to welcome you to the forums.  The link is gone, but from the comments, it sounds like it was not good science.  Whenever I see anything about herbs, I don't even bother reading it.  If it really is news worthy, you can bet sites like this and others will report on it. 

I hope all is well with you.  Don't be offended about the link removed.  We all look forward to hearing more from you. 

Ted

Offline mecch

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 01:54:23 am »
What exactly about HAART scares you? Maybe we can dispel some of that with information. Also is there some special reason you haven't taken many drugs yet in life?

Offline xrel0aded

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 03:02:37 am »
Thanks guys.

And -- What scares me about HAART:
Side Effects
Some people i've talked to said it's as if they are just taking a multivitamin, others, not so much.

I've always had a very holistic approach to my wellness. I was an addict from ages 13-17 and after I stopped, doing anything gives me a load of anxiety.  With that being said, I know i'll have to go on meds soon. Lately I've been freaking out about my CD4% as it is pretty low. Not taking meds gives me anxiety, the thought of meds taking meds gives me anxiety. It's some sort of underlying mental issue. My partner has been on atripla for 5 months and in the beginning was hallucinating and kept talking about suicide, was throwing up at night time. (this was likely partially due to other drug issues) but it just has really thrown me off, and it has caused a great deal of stress and drama in our relationship that i've yet to start my HAART. Ive been reading this forum for 5 or so months and just trying to become accustomed and comfortable with accepting this. Thanks for the welcome, although it's in the wrong section.

Offline geobee

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »
Taking meds is compatible with having a holistic approach to wellness.  There still are a lot of other things to do (reduce stress, exercise, good diet). 

Once you take the plunge, your anxiety will go down and you won't look back.  You'll be taking control of your health.

BTW your numbers improved b/c your body is fighting back.  It's common to have a high VL which eventually comes down to a set point.  Eventually, of course, most people lose the battle without meds.

I was worried about side effects too, and have annoying diarrhea from time to time.  Still, I'd rather have occasional diarrhea than have HIV blast away at my T-Cells. 

There's a huge acceptance thing about taking meds, of course.  In me it was like "crap, I screwed up.  And wow, do I really have to take these things the rest of my life?"  Yeah, well, I did screw up and yes, I do.  Once I embraced that, life got a heck of a lot better. Yours will too.

Offline mecch

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 06:02:19 pm »
Your partner should get off Atripla (the sustiva in it!) A.S.A.P.  There is no way he/she should have to suffer suicide ideation - and that can be a side effect of sustiva for a few people.

You should talk to your doctor about your anxiety and history to make sure you get a combo that is appropriate, when its time to start medicine. 

This of course all depends on the resources and the list of drugs available to you. But generally, the best quality of HIV treatment is to switch combos until you get the one that causes the least side effects.  Certainly psychological side effects. And many of the other ones, that some people might get and which distract from daily quality of life.

There are some real concerns about long-term side effects with any drugs, after years on them.  Bone density, lipids, etc etc.  That is a long term project to pay attention to.

If there are lots of combos available, a person needs to patiently but steadily work with the doctor to find the best treatment with the least negative impact on health.

Unfortunately, some people are afraid, reluctant, or for some reason unable to initiate this whole process.  Maybe, for one example, someone feels that side effects they suffer are just "the unfortunate lot" of being HIV+ and on treatment. This is not always the case, these days.

But again, I do not mean to be insensitive. Some people do not have a lot of choices.  If you do have choices, make sure you take advantage of them, when called for.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:11:38 pm by mecch »

Offline Tadeys

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 10:30:23 pm »
Xre10aded: Having a viral load is way worse then any long term side effects these drugs can or will cause. I have been on Truvada & Kaletra for a year and a half and I have had NO SE. None. Of course, everybody is diferent. I take 5 pills a day...and Im not in the least intrested in switching to a once a day combo.

There are plenty of treatments to choose from now. So don't worry, try to get started on meds if you can, and take care of yourself because its very posible that you"ll get to celebrate your 80th birthday.  :P

Offline pittman

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 10:06:34 pm »
Side Effects
Some people i've talked to said it's as if they are just taking a multivitamin, others, not so much.

Side effects will vary for diferent individuals and you won't know how your body will handle the medicine until you are on it.  The side effects are what usually bring the topic to the forefront, as those not experiencing negative side effects often don't seek to merely post "all is well". This places a misleading emphasis on those that do have side effects.

When you do start, give yourself some time to adjust, monitor for any of the rare but serious potential side effects, and just know that for most people starting treatment, there are multiple drug options that can help if you find the one you start with is not working for you.

I must say, I am definately in that "it's like taking a multi-vitamin" camp. Ater the first 2 weeks when it made me feel more tired, I can tell no decernable difference when taking Atripla, even on the few times I took them during he day. It does not matter what I eat, timing, etc. The only notable effects are that my viral load is undetectable and that my kidneys work a little harder as evidenced by bloodwork, though they are still in normal range. I have been taking Atripla about 5 years.

I had anxiety about what the drugs may do or make me feel like when I first started, based on all the things I read on the Internet.  My doctor really really reassured me that most do very well, and that if you are starting with a reasonably good cd4 count, noticeable side effects are even less likely. 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 10:55:58 pm »
Side Effects
sadly, while anecdotal evidence always seems so right because someone you knew told you it was true, much of the time people are just spouting off about things they don't know about.

simply google up the words "package insert +" and the name of a medication. The resulting pdf document will tell you exactly about the side effects of the med. You'll have to poke around looking at several docs about several medications; but in the end you'll learn something remarkable - while many of the meds do indicate mild short-term side effects (like barfing, feeling poorly, having the runs, etc) clearly the data shows for all medications that more serious and/or longer term side effects happen to less than 5%, and often less than 2%, of all patients.

positive thinking - and statistics - should make you realize that you are not that special ;) LOL and that you will probably be in the 98% of patients who will NOT have side effects.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline xrel0aded

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 06:21:48 pm »
Thankyou all for the positive replies during an overwhelming time for me. :) My next apt is on Wednesday, and I believe I'll be starting meds shortly following my visit. I wasn't resistant to any of the meds so the options are there. cheers

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.