Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:49:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 802
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 664
Total: 664

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Someone I Really Love Has HIV  (Read 6566 times)

Offline robbieee

Someone I Really Love Has HIV
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:25:22 pm »
Thank you people, you are so nice...
I guess, I can move this thread to 'Someone I Care About/Someone I Really Love Has HIV', because, I think I need some support to do the best I can for the one I love.

- Summary: I am male, she is she - female, I am NEG, she is POZ, I love her more than everything and she loves me, we have been together for more than year and we are still together, I know for her positive status from the beginning of our relationship. A year before - condom failure during the intercourse. A year after - I had 5 negative ELISA tests. My last sort of exposure was 4,5 months before my last negative ELISA test result (I went down on her  ::)) - we are from Moscow...

- So, the question for all NEG in magnetic +- (serodiscordant sound so  Huh) relationship: have you ever need some support at some point in your life together with your partners? Have you ever think about that your lab results were wrong, false NEG even after 3, or 6 months...

- Also a question for all POZ in magnetic relationship: what is your advice - can some oral sex without protection bring more good than bad things in your intimate life with your partner? My girlfriend and I used to do that without condoms on me, and without protection when I am going down on her (she is POZ I am NEG), but at some point in our beautiful living together, we started to protect ourselves a hundred % (we were ALWAYS protecting ourselves during the intercourse, and now started to use protection even for oral kind of sort of stuff.. things.. Smiley). I must admit that made me emotionally not so close to her as I used to be... I don't want her to feel that I am trying so hard to overcome that fear with myself because I really love her, and I came here for YOUR advice...

p.s. excuse me for my English. I promise that I will improve it. As I always be a kind of stubborn, I learned English in less than 6 months, now I am leading a huge project all alone in my company dealing with our American partners, and doing our best to nail down the financial crisis!!  Wink That is my 4th language, but is going to become 2nd, at least.  Smiley

Best wishes to all of you.
R

Offline bd3197bd

Re: Someone I Really Love Has HIV
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:31:14 am »
Heita Robbieee

I hear you my man, i guess we have something in common. its funny how the lessons of life come into once life without knocking. I believe everthing happens for a reason, and God will never give something that you cannot handle.

My girlfriend of three year was diagnosed HIV positive last year on the 27th of March, for some reason i thought and treated myself as someone who is HIV positive. To me it was simple, since she is positive it means i'm also positive and i've learnt to live with it, i didn't go for the tests.
I was HIV poz by association. It is only this year Jan were i decided to get tested, and to my surprise i was negative.
I love my girlfriend so much there is no doubt about that, infact I'm intending to marry her. I can't say things have changed in our bedroom life, except the use of condoms. We were using condoms before because we didn't want kids but it is our life now. I still don'r understand how possible is that I'm not Poz, that has to be answered.
She is a strong person, she is not taking any medication, we exercise, and we eat healthy food.
I sometimes forget that she is positive, i listen to her and support her 120%.
I guess that is all you have to do,
I don't have much info about oral sex.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:27:06 am by bd3197bd »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.