Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:26:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 394
Total: 395

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: hemerroids and anal warts  (Read 4239 times)

Offline yesican

hemerroids and anal warts
« on: August 24, 2009, 12:14:24 am »
I think I may have hemerroids or possably anal warts, any comments form those that have had to deal with this, this is so embarrassing, i hate going to a dr about it but I know I have to. Im scared to death.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: hemerroids and anal warts
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:55:18 am »
Yeah, just bring it up to your doctor.  Nothing really to be scared about.  They'll have you yank down your pants, lie sideways or something on the examining table, and stick a gloved finger up your asshole.  I'm sure you've had larger things up there.

btw, this forum is for Long Term Survivors and I think you should have placed this in another forum.  PM the moderator to have it placed in Living With or something.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline sdguyloveslife

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:01:14 pm »
Yeah, probably not a bad idea to have a doctor check you out.  Miss P is right - no reason to be scared - I'm sure you won't shock your doc.   ;)

I had my first bout with warts over 15 years ago and I had no idea what was going on - don't mean to be so graphic, but it looked like a hunk of cauliflower sticking out of my butt.  My doctor sent me to a surgeon - so, naturally I had surgery.  The whole experience was pretty awful.  In hindsight, I would not have gone to a "surgeon." 

Years later they came back and luckily I had a different doctor - so, I was treated with a "topical" treatment for a while, they subsided, and then had the last stragglers frozen off with liquid nitrogen.  Way better option than surgery! 

Last time I had a few, the doctor just froze them off in his office.  It's pretty easy - they anesthetize the area and then just freeze them off.  The first time was by far the worst, but with each time they came back, they've never been as bad as the time before. 

Hemorrhoids are a bit of a different story.  Those I was able to take care of by adding significant amounts of fiber to my diet.  Luckily I never had those bad enough to require anything more drastic than a diet change (and adding some Metamucil or citrucel to my daily regimen).  Now, if I even sense a hemorrhoid coming on, I drag out the ol' tub of Metamucil from the cupboard and get drinking! 

Good luck! 
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Offline aliveinla

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 12:33:48 am »
I had the same question about a year ago, even posted the same question here... My doc couldn't tell what it is after fingering me, so he sent me to a butt doctor to get colonoscopy. it turned out to be hemoroids.
4/24/07: Last tested Neg
1/22/08: First tested Poz
1/30/08: CD4 393; 28%; VL: 44k
3/18/08: CD4 218; 26%; VL: 222K
4/24/08: CD4 402; 26%; VL: lab forgot
7/22/08: CD4 405; 25%; VL: 6,780
10/15/08: CD4 340, 26%; VL: N/A
2/4/09: CD4 394, 26%; VL: N/A
Jun 09: CD4 300, 25%; VL: 4000
Oct 09: CD4 324, 23%, VL: 10K
11/22/09: started Atripla
11/20/11: CD4 405; VL: UD

Offline mewithu

• mewithu
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 01:35:04 am »
Do not ever be afraid to show anything to your Dr because you want to get ahead of the problem not behind it and let it take over and tuen into something worse.
love
1997 is when I found out, being deathly ill. I had to go to the hospital due to extreme headache and fever. I fell coma like,  two months later weighing 95 pounds and in extreme pain and awoke to knowledge of Pancreatis, Cryptococcal Meningitis, Thrush,Severe Diarea,  Wasting, PCP pneumonia. No eating, only through tpn. Very sick, I was lucky I had good insurance with the company I worked for. I was in the hospital for three months that time. 
(2010 Now doing OK cd4=210  VL= < 75)
I have become resistant to many nukes and non nukes, Now on Reyataz, , Combivir. Working well for me not too many side effects.  I have the wasting syndrome, Fatigue  . Hard to deal with but believe it or not I have been through worse. Three Pulmonary Embolism's in my life. 2012 520 t's <20 V load

Offline beefbud

• just some flesh caught in this big broken machine"
    • cubster dot com
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 04:37:18 am »
Hi,
Had a bout with them about a year ago.  Used a combination of freezing/condylox gel...had to reapply the gel 3 different times as they would recur but (hahaha butt) finally have not in quite a while.  I don't know if starting meds, getting my VL undetectable and letting my T's climb had anything to do with it?

If it is warts and they do prescribe Condylox BE CAREFUL with that stuff.  It will burn any healthy tissue and make it uncomfortable for about a week.  Not trying to scare you just apply carefully and let it dry before, ahem, well letting these squeeze together.   Ultimately, you'll be fine.
"first impressions are cheap auditions"

Offline yesican

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 11:24:53 am »
Thanks for the information guys, I really appreciate it. I will get the dr to take a look. I don't know what I would do without this place, sometimes its my only lifeline

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 04:06:46 pm »
Hemorrhoids are hardly scary!  Or maybe yours are!  just kidding.
Both conditions are quite treatable with good success.  Warts can be tricky for some people. Most just get treated and they are gone.  If you think you might have warts - you HAVE to get treated because it is contagious and also can get very bad.

Hemorrhoids might mean a change in diet is in order.  Also some simple medications work on everyday hemorrhoids.

Buck up and go to the doctor - good luck.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.