Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2022, 07:39:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 764563
  • Total Topics: 65091
  • Online Today: 137
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 92
Total: 92

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: World AIDS Day 2021 - Anyone doing anything?  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
World AIDS Day 2021 - Anyone doing anything?
« on: November 30, 2021, 01:05:07 pm »
My partner and I were planning to travel to Dublin tonight to take pictures of the building lit up in red, however, it's pissing down with rain so we're giving it a miss and eating a curry instead  ;D

Unlike other years we are not doing any fundraising efforts this year what with the covid situation here and the current issues...

Anyone else doing anything for World AIDS Day?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:14:16 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Bucklandbury

• All things must pass
Re: World AIDS Day 2021 - Anyone doing anything?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 06:57:32 pm »
I am going to watch this little film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phoi8uKs14w

and eat one of these "pan bang" cookies my partner made:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 07:10:16 pm by Bucklandbury »

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 12:50:14 am »

:'(  Hardly a mention here of World Aids Day. I never heard a mention of it on the news. I had 2 emails in my email box remembering it. We went to the bar today, not a word mentioned.

As far as this area, they were doing HIV and STD testing  in Tampa, and at a place over here in St. Petersburg.

I lit tee light candles yesterday in remembrance, of those that I knew, that have passed. I used tee light candle holders, that we used at the AMG gathering in 2012.

I guess the news these days, is so overwhelming on other issues,...  :-[

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated  4/11/22 tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of April 4th,  Viral load Undetectable

CD 4 @686 /  CD4 % @ 17 %
70 YEARS YOUNG

WEAR A MASK !! COVID KILLS !

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 03:47:14 pm »

:'(  Hardly a mention here of World Aids Day. I never heard a mention of it on the news. I had 2 emails in my email box remembering it. We went to the bar today, not a word mentioned.

As far as this area, they were doing HIV and STD testing  in Tampa, and at a place over here in St. Petersburg.

I lit tee light candles yesterday in remembrance, of those that I knew, that have passed. I used tee light candle holders, that we used at the AMG gathering in 2012.

I guess the news these days, is so overwhelming on other issues,...  :-[

Ray

Sorry to hear that, a similar story here.

We did have some radio and media attention. I listened to breakfast radio that had an interview with Panti talking about HIV and how treatment today for Panti already is like a function cure but that not everyone's experience. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panti

However, the COVID rule changes were announced the night before and this kinda understandably dominated the media here. :(

I did have a few sessions one-to-one with people looking for support on zoom but that was about it for me this year. There is also a Living with exhibition photography expedition in Dublin running until the 10th however, I have not attended due to the covid spike.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline lost_boy

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 07:40:42 pm »
I think a nice curry for World AIDS Day is a great idea, actually!  :D

My office had some people dress up in sponsored fancy dress. It was pretty silly, but a good way to get people talking. I also donated some cash to THT and a few other charities who've helped me and others I know.

I did see the newscasters on BBC and others wear the red ribbon. I just think unless it lands on a "big anniversary" like 5 or 10 year, it's harder for publicity. There was quite a lot of Freddie Mercury memorials around the same time. But I still find a lot of those tend to skirt over the more difficult part of the conversation, about how he was treated by society. It's still very shocking.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2022 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.