Main Forums > Living With HIV

COVID-19 Vaccine

<< < (59/60) > >>

Jim Allen:

CoronaVac shows weaker response in people with HIV
https://www.aidsmap.com/news/apr-2022/coronavac-shows-weaker-response-people-hiv

--- Quote ---The Chinese CoronaVac vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 produces strong antibody responses in the majority of people with HIV but these responses are weaker than those in people without HIV, Brazilian researchers report in the journal Lancet HIV. People with CD4 counts below 500 were less likely to show neutralising responses to the virus than people with higher CD4 counts.
--- End quote ---

Jim Allen:
So got a text message a few days ago about getting my 5th COVID vaccine dose, and I'm going ahead with it this morning. It's great that they offer the service on a Sunday here.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: Jim Allen on May 29, 2022, 02:50:10 am ---So got a text message a few days ago about getting my 5th COVID vaccine dose, and I'm going ahead with it this morning. It's great that they offer the service on a Sunday here.

--- End quote ---

Dose no. 5 went fine. A sore arm and one night of night sweats, that's it.

Grasshopper:
 :o A 5th shot ?  So far I've had 2 regular and 2 boosters plus recently 2 pneumococcal vaccine and 1 shingle vaccine, with the next shingle vaccine next month. Think that I've gotten my share of shots for the time being = the Fall for the seasonal Flu vaccine.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: Grasshopper on June 02, 2022, 04:46:55 pm --- :o A 5th shot ?  So far I've had 2 regular and 2 boosters plus recently 2 pneumococcal vaccine and 1 shingle vaccine, with the next shingle vaccine next month. Think that I've gotten my share of shots for the time being = the Fall for the seasonal Flu vaccine.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, 5th covid shot and ill get the flu vaccine when it's in. I had a booster pneumococcal shot last year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version