Main Forums > Living With HIV

COVID-19 Vaccine

<< < (56/59) > >>

gpapadop91:

--- Quote from: Jim Allen on January 25, 2022, 03:45:34 am ---Sure thing and this week they dropped the COVID restrictions so pubs etc are open again.

--- End quote ---
Hey Jim ...
You see how life is unpredictable.
My cousin she is vaccinated 4 months ago and pregnant , age 35.
She came at home Sunday and Monday for companionship with my wife. She called us today she is positive.

Last week I was with cold/flu , fortunately fought it quite well with negative rapid.
My 2doses vaccination expires in 2 weeks!
With 330cd4 , am I a bit protected??
I still have some cough from previous cold.
Started eating vitd3 , curcumin, kefir, whole grains, double doses fruits... Do I have big danger risks?
Can my 330 fight a big possible case of COVID?
I'm thinking positive. I will fight it with good gut health I think..
Motivate me guys..

I will win it. It's a small virus in front of the monster we have inside.
So maybe Haart is our God??
Good evening

virgo313:

--- Quote from: gpapadop91 on January 25, 2022, 09:22:33 am ---I'm thinking positive.
--- End quote ---

No, you are not thinking positive. You are thinking slightly towards negative thoughts.

Thinking positive will be not thinking of getting covid. Thinking positive is not thinking about vaccination “expire”. Why are you thinking 330 CD4 is not good? You have not got covid you are thinking of “fighting it”.

Calm down & don’t think that you will get covid. This way is positive thinking.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: gpapadop91 on January 25, 2022, 09:22:33 am ---My 2doses vaccination expires in 2 weeks!
With 330cd4 , am I a bit protected??

--- End quote ---
the vaccinations seem to remain effective for 6-9 months....if not longer.

Just like in the early days of HIV, the science about covid and the vaccines is on-growing. How long these remain effective, and if future boosters will be needed (more than likely they will be; probably yearly like the regular flu shoot), need time and research to be determined.

Best wishes to your cousin. Thankfully, the vaccines have proven to reduce, if not completely limit, the negative effects of covid, and definitely are effective in keeping infected people from serious illness or death.

330 is well above 200, which is the point that opportunistic infections could happen. (personally I lived with less than 350 cd4s for a decade without even getting the flu or a cold, much less sick with anything else.)

Besides, B-cells and cd8s are the parts of the immune system that fight against covid
https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/covid-19-immunity-how-long-does-it-last

--- Quote from: gpapadop91 on January 25, 2022, 09:22:33 am ---It's a small virus in front of the monster we have inside.

--- End quote ---
Need some encouragement/motivation?  ;) :)

actually, Covid has infected more people and killed more people per year than even the worse year of deaths. About 5.6 million worldwide have now died from Covid. That's close to 3 million a year; while just 1.7 million a year died from AIDS in 2005. That's nearly half the deaths per year from Covid. Right now, untreated AIDS kills about 700k a year which is how many people died in America alone in the first year of Covid.

Sounds like HIV, when treated, isn't the monster you think it is.  :D Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that untreated HIV is not a monster as it very much is a terminal illness; but treated HIV has become just another manageable health issue that people keep in check with daily meds.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2019/07/17/global-hivaids-deaths-are-falling-but-experts-say-more-needs-to-be-done-infographic/

Expat1:
I received my  4th dose.  So 3 Moderna followed by 1 Pfizer.   The Pfizer had fewer side effects.  Just a little site soreness.  The Moderna included headaches and I needed a nap for fatigue after each injection.

J.R.E.:
Moderna begins trial of omicron-specific booster shot

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-starts-trial-testing-omicron-specific-booster-shot-2022-01-26/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version