Main Forums > Living With HIV

COVID-19 Vaccine

<< < (3/60) > >>

Almost2late:
Glad to see you guys in the south are getting those shots. Supposedly here in Oregon they'll start the people with underlying health conditions, between 45 to 65 at the end of the month, but the biggest complaint has been trying to sign up for the shots.. they run out of appointments quick and still to many people who have been eligible can't seem to get appointments.. it's sort of a cluster fuck. And guess what, they're not going to verify if you have any underlying conditions.. it's all on an honor system system, lol.

@fabio - so your underlying condition isn't prioritized in greece? I sure hope you don't have to long a wait.

Anyways, I got my mask and sanitizer so I'm not to worried about that bug.. I really just want to get it so I could fly without worries.

I did recently get the shingles vaccine and it did hit me with a sore arm and a couple of days of fatigue. I guess that means it's working. Stay safe everyone.

fabio:

--- Quote from: Almost2late on March 08, 2021, 04:42:35 am ---Glad to see you guys in the south are getting those shots. Supposedly here in Oregon they'll start the people with underlying health conditions, between 45 to 65 at the end of the month, but the biggest complaint has been trying to sign up for the shots.. they run out of appointments quick and still to many people who have been eligible can't seem to get appointments.. it's sort of a cluster fuck. And guess what, they're not going to verify if you have any underlying conditions.. it's all on an honor system system, lol.

@fabio - so your underlying condition isn't prioritized in greece? I sure hope you don't have to long a wait.

Anyways, I got my mask and sanitizer so I'm not to worried about that bug.. I really just want to get it so I could fly without worries.

I did recently get the shingles vaccine and it did hit me with a sore arm and a couple of days of fatigue. I guess that means it's working. Stay safe everyone.

--- End quote ---

They dont really consider hiv positive people in the "sensitive groups" but it's still alright because I do live in an island so it wont be a big issue with getting infected ,since we have zero cases now.

Hopefully I do get it done quickly.

I remember having shingles,it was quite awful. It's a good thing you did the  vaccine.

Almost2late:

--- Quote from: fabio on March 08, 2021, 09:10:24 am ---They dont really consider hiv positive people in the "sensitive groups" but it's still alright because I do live in an island so it wont be a big issue with getting infected ,since we have zero cases now.

Hopefully I do get it done quickly.

I remember having shingles,it was quite awful. It's a good thing you did the  vaccine.

--- End quote ---

Guess with zero cases you're good to go. Oregon does have cases but I think we have the 3rd lowest covid deaths per capita in the US and pretty low cases compared to other states.. I think it's due to our governor's strict covid regulations.

I never had shingles and from what you say it doesn't sound like any fun.. I'm due for a booster in a couple of months.
I was also offered the flu vaccine but decided to pass since flu season was virtually non existent during covid.. aren't mask awesome 😷

fabio:
That's true,the flu was nothing this year. I do have to do my follow up check ups this month or the next,but I'll have to do a lot of paperwork and make sure there is a ferry boat to come back (otherwise I'll be stuck there and hotels aren't open). Its really crappy that nothing is open in Greece,but understandable.
I will also ask about the vaccine and when it's a good time to do it,although I doubt they will know. I do hope I haven't messed up,but I dont think theres any news about hiv positive people doing the vaccine now.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: Almost2late on March 08, 2021, 01:26:09 pm ---I never had shingles and from what you say it doesn't sound like any fun.. I'm due for a booster in a couple of months.
--- End quote ---
shingles are/can be very icky. And I didn't even have them as bad as my husband. Like mine, his outbreak of shingles was a long time ago. While mine only covered one hip (wearing pants was mostly unbearable for weeks), his outbreak ran up  the side of his face and very nearly affected his eye. (I have known one person who had shingles in their eye!)

--- Quote from: Almost2late on March 08, 2021, 01:26:09 pm ---aren't mask awesome 😷

--- End quote ---
I hope we mask up every flu/cold season. Not even getting the sniffles this Winter was wonderful. The sniffles I'm getting now are from some early pre-Spring pollen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version