Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:01:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 655
Total: 656

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Things Are Coming Along Just Peachy...  (Read 3774 times)

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Things Are Coming Along Just Peachy...
« on: November 03, 2006, 11:57:26 am »
     I must say I have a new respect for the American housewife....having just finished hanging curtains in my house.
Forget the expense and the mulling over of fabrics and colors...It took all day to hang curtains in three rooms but I must
admit....they look fabulous.  The Queens of the World would be proud of me....although I did have help.  This little broken
rib of mine makes climbing and raising my hands over my head a painful prosposition but it's done.  Thank God!

The house looks great.  Jerry is on the mend but poor Buddy(Goldfish)has died.  I'm seriously considering getting a dog today.
A small short haired breed.  I'm headed for the SPCA later ...  I haven't had a dog since I was a kid and the thought of it gives me
enormous pleasure...not to mention they are alot of company. 

I have missed being on the forum....but the past few weeks have been a blurr.  I"m ready to settle down again and enjoy
my new home and all my new toys.  I have a new computer now and I'm on DSL....Oh what a blessing.  Dial up sucks big time.
Hope everybody is doing ok....I'll try to catch up with everyone as soon as possible ...I've missed you guys!

In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Things Are Coming Along Just Peachy...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 12:04:01 pm »
good luck with the dog! sorry to hear about the fish. post pictures of the room if possible! eye candy y'know  ;)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:10:45 pm »
Davey has been a very busy boy!
I really am happy for you hon. I know you went through a special kind of hell for a very long period of time.

At last, you deserve to relax, and have a special little furrie friend for a companion.

Blessings on your new home, and your new life. I'll bet it feels like a clean slate huh?

Kisses, and a hug friend.   :-*  :-* {{David}}
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 08:25:44 am »
glad to hear things are going well. Have you considered a cat? Any pet would be great and give you lots of love.  Cristy

Offline Nadine

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 08:37:20 am »
David,

I'm very happy to hear that things are falling into place for you! That is some great news. Don't over do it with those ribs.

Good luck on your quest to get a dog, mine drives me crazy most of the time, but I wouldn't give him up for anything!

((gentle hugs))

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 09:54:50 am »
David, sounds like the house is coming together nicely.

Now, don't forget the playroom! You know, tasteful leather accouterments, etc.  ;D

A pet sounds great, but I would opt for a cat as well. Dogs are too dependant. Cats are affectionate, clean, loving, special creatures. The obvious choice  - at least for me.

So, what's the color scheme? The style of the house? I'm still renovating mine. I probably will be renovating for the next 10-15 years.

Have you given any thought to landscaping? I like the Tuscan trend these days, as well as xeric gardening. Although, since I think you get more rain, you could probably do something a bit more lush and exuberant.

Hmmmmm, the master gardener in me is piqued.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 10:21:51 am »
David, thank god you don't have trouble lifting your legs, you would be in a hell of a shape.  ;) When I get my curtains you'll have to come and show me how to put them up. If I can get you to show me 8 times then I won't have to put up any. :D So did you get a dog?  Miniature Schnauzers make great pets. They don't shed, you don't have to walk them, and they make great watch dogs. 

Rodney

Offline Christine

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 11:15:01 am »
Good to hear things are coming along well. Good luck with finding a new dog. I would be lost without my pack. They help me everyday. When I take care of them, I am not always thinking about my problems.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 09:06:02 am »
Thanks everybody...I really appreciate the support.  Truly things have come along way since I joined the forum
and met all you great guys and gals.....  It's amazing how different life is when you're not constantly having to stress out over
keeping a roof over your head.

I have had cats by the way.  Had Ms Peepers sixteen years.  As an adult I've never had a dog so....a dog I shall have.  Besides
unlike cats, dogs are much more affectionate.  I don't know what kind I'm getting but something with short hair and a great
personality will definitely catch my attention.  Going to the SPCA tomorrow and find my little bundle of joy.  And I do have a
huge back yard for BABY to do her business....but I'm not looking forward to picking up crap (HM!)

Here's a few photos of the new place....

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 09:21:12 am by david25luvit »
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Teresa

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 09:26:16 am »
David,

Very nice! I wish you much happiness in your new home. You deserve it!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 09:44:09 am »
Very nice home!

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 09:46:41 am »
What a great title for a thread and what a nice space you have.  Enjoy it in happiness and the best of health!!!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 10:41:25 am »
very sweet. a dog would love that yard

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.