Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:58:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 634
Total: 635

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Anxiety over test results at 2 weeks and 2 months 27 days  (Read 2021 times)

Offline BillieBr

• Standard
Anxiety over test results at 2 weeks and 2 months 27 days
« on: February 18, 2017, 05:16:58 am »
Hi,

Australian Caucasian female had threesome with an African American male and female.
Both said they were std free, but can only take that at face value.

Condom used for brief penetrative sex with male, otherwise only fingers were used.
Female performed oral sexual and fingering on me and I didn't realise until after that I must have been knicked because there was a bit of blood on the sheets. Didn't continue to bleed didn't feel it or know it happened until they said it was from me and I shouldn't be embarrassed. I'm assuming it was her fingernail but this is where I'm paranoid.
Her saliva would have been all around my vaginal area and depending on where the cut was, significant amounts could have got into it. On top of this, the male would have had her discharge on his fingers and then some point later they would have been inside of me also.

After this I noticed a bit more discharge than normal with a slight odour got tested turned out to be bacterial vaginosis. If I got this from this incident, what is to say I didn't get anything else?

I got tested for HIV, Syphillis, Chlymidia, Gonnorhea as wel as a Pap smear 2 weeks after and all came back negative.

Retested 2 months 27 days after, negative for the same panel, however I don't know what type of testing they do in Australian hospitals but I know most say 3 months or more for a 100% result.

Can I trust these results that I am negative?
Thanks.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Anxiety over test results at 2 weeks and 2 months 27 days
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:40:34 am »
Australian Caucasian female had threesome with an African American male and female.

Small correction on the above.

Anyhow you simply had no HIV risk from the incident posted to start with so no surprise that the results are negative. Fingers and saliva do not transmit HIV.

Also HIV does not remain infectious outside the human body, its too fragile so whatever fluid on the fingers was not a risk, besides this nobody in the course of HIV history has even been infected from fingering, this should tell you something.

If you ever do have a risk test 3 months post risk for a conclusive result as said this incident did not even require testing as it simply was not a HIV transmission risk.

As routine test at least yearly for STI including but not limited to HIV and continue to use condoms for intercourse.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:54:57 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline BillieBr

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 06:37:54 am »
Hi,

I specified Australian so as to have background for the testing I received, I know countries have different guidelines. Given the hospital specialities in HIV prevention and protection, I can only assume they use the most sensitive of tests.

Am in incorrect though when saying hiv is detect  saliva, then how could it not transmit through an open wound via the saliva? I'm asking as I do not quite understand that and would like to.

Thanks

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 06:48:50 am »
Hi

I specified Australian so as to have background for the testing I received

I'm not buying into that for a moment, and I have already answered the testing question. We answers the questions based on science, no matter what test you used even if it was the most modern test or one from 1995 the answer would be the same, 3 months.

Moving on in topic, look after nearly 40 years, there simply has never been a documented case of HIV transmission via fingering, you will not be the world first.

HIV does not remain infectious outside the human body, once hiv finds itself exposed outside the body, air and the small changes in temperature, pH / moisture levels all break down the receptors needed to infect rendering HIV not infectious.

Some other viruses and bacteria do survive and need a smaller amount to infect and infect different cell types unlike HIV. Hence you had no HIV risk but did have a risk for other easier to transmit STI's, example Herpes as a "contact" virus as in it can be spread through skin to skin contact.   

hiv is detect  saliva, then how could it not transmit through an open wound via the saliva?

In swab testing they do not detect the virus in saliva, they test for the antibodies.
HIV that is found in saliva is not infectious and even if it was it too low level to infect.

I do believe Australian police forces and politicians seem to still believe in more than a few myths about this topic and HIV so you are not the only one misinformed.

Anyhow as said nothing you mentioned was a HIV risk, use condoms and test at least yearly.

Jim
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:53:30 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 07:05:06 am »
I do believe Australian police forces and politicians seem to still believe in more than a few myths about this topic and HIV so you are not the only one misinformed.

It took me a moment to find it, here is the reference on Australia.
https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=64757.msg717178#msg717178 

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline BillieBr

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 02:06:02 am »
This is pretty helpful information thank you for sharing, it is sad that I've been mislead by a lot of what I've seen about HIV in the media.
So 2 months 28 days past the incident is sufficient enough to feel secure with the result?

Thank you

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 02:19:05 am »
So 2 months 28 days past the incident is sufficient enough to feel secure with the result?

For this specific incident as HIV transmission was not possible in the first place, any test date would have been fine as you did not need a test.

If you ever do have a risk such as unprotected intercourse than test 3 months post risk for a conclusive result.

This is pretty helpful information thank you for sharing, it is sad that I've been mislead by a lot of what I've seen about HIV in the media.

In all fairness it is not only Australian media that is paranoid and misleading, it just happens to be that Australia as first world nation is a focus as it lets the paranoid fears dictate modern and new policy against all known science and health   information. Just shows what irrational fear can do to people.     

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.