HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Inflamed throat and kissing

(1/2) > >>

stripe24:
Hello. I wanted to ask a question that’s been plaguing me with worry. The other day I French kissed a man of unknown status. The issue is I had a bad sore throat and I had petechiae inside my mouth like on the palate area. I’m not sure if you know what they are but it’s like red spots where your blood vessels have broken so kind of like a bruise but not sure if they are actively bleeding and considered open wounds. Could kissing him while I had these spots increase my risk of HIV? For example if he had something similar in his mouth and was bleeding? Or if his saliva had some blood in it and it came into contact with my inflamed throat? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question it’s just really bugging me.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

I read your post three times. You kissed a guy and have petechial rashes (petechiae) what if he had blood in his saliva, et cetera.

It's not an HIV risk to you, relax and move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Talk to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV and getting vaccinated against HPV, Hepatitis A & B.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.

stripe24:
Thanks for the reply. Just to be ultra clear the rash is in my mouth like on my palate. I still have no risk right? and if I had flossed before kissing, I would still not be in any risk? My gums do bleed when I floss.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote ---Just to be ultra clear the rash is in my mouth like on my palate.
--- End quote ---

Asked and answered already.

--- Quote ---if I had flossed before kissing, I would still not be in any risk? My gums do bleed when I floss.
--- End quote ---

No HIV risk to you.

stripe24:
Hello, so I couldn’t put the feat past me and decided to get tested. I was offered the antibody/antigen test. It was negative. I just want to know a few things. What is the genotype test for hiv? The lab presented me with all these tests and I was confused. I just took the 4th generation test. But do I need the genotype test too? Is this for confirmation?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version