Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:41:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 326
Total: 326

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Med change after almost 15 years !  (Read 9152 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Med change after almost 15 years !
« on: April 13, 2018, 05:21:30 pm »
Hey all,....

Hope everyone is well!!

I had my follow up appointment today with my HIV care provider at the VA medical center, here in St Petersburg, Florida.

I was asked, if I would like to do a one-a-day pill.  Of course, I jumped on it, because I've been thinking about this for quite some time.

I am currently on Viramune ( twice a day) and Epzicom ( Once a day). I will be switched to Triumeq.  So basically the Epzicom component will be available in the Triumec.

The changed out component is Viramune, which will now be Dolutegravir.

So, while it's not a big change, it is still a change.  I have been undetectable, for many years now, and overall doing pretty well.

I have never been on integrase inhibitors. My meds have been consistent over the past 15 years.

I could have picked up the 90 day supply at the VA pharmacy today, but I chose on having them mail it to me. I should be receiving it in about a week.

I will also schedule labs six weeks, after starting the new medication, to make sure it's doing it's job.

I also plan on taking the single daily pill, around 8:00pm.  I think this works out best for me.

Onward and upward !   :)    Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Med change after almost 15 years !
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 08:10:00 pm »
awesome!

Two years ago I changed up my 12-yr old regimen and couldn't be happier. I figured if all the kids could have the good meds, then I should too.  :D

best wishes with the new stuff!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Kurt9

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:48:26 pm »
HELLO MY FRIEND. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ONE PILL A DAY. AFTER EIGHTEEN YEARS OF THE SAME MEDS, STARTED THE ONE PILL A DAY, TWO WEEKS AGO. THE PILL IS ODEFSEY. GOOD LUCK  WITH YOUR NEW MEDS. GOD BLESS YOU.

Offline flashdance

• Reach out and touch me....
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 07:07:36 pm »
4 Months on Genvoya..!!
Before that 14 years on Sustiva/Truvada.
Before that 8 years on Crixivan and AZT+.
You are never alone...and if you start to feel lonely....search me out...or grab your cat!

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 02:54:49 pm »
 :)  Thanks Guys !

Just checked on my site, and the new med has been dispensed, so I should be getting it soon.

If this new med goes 15 years for me, that will place me at the ripe old age of 81 ! LOL  :P

Good luck on your med changes !!

Ray   8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 03:03:03 pm »

Just wanted to give a little more update on things.  They are still monitoring my Mitrol valve condition.  Next tests will be in July, which may or may not include another TEE.

Otherwise all is going well. Could still drop a little in the weight. Appetite is good, neuropathy is so very minimal, and doesn't cause me any real issues.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 08:51:02 pm »
Hello all,...

Hope everyone is well !

Thought I would give an update, on how Triumeq has been working for me thus far.

Been on it now for a total of 45 days.

T-Cells are currently at 404. They were at 377 on the last set of labs, using old regimen.

Percentage is at 13 %.  It was previously at 12%.

lymphocytes, absolute are currently at 3210.  Previously were at 3017.

So,  all is going well !!

Ray  8)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline guitargal

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 01:26:33 am »
Looks like you are moving up there !
yay. I can't believe so many stayed on the same meds for so long. I switched around because of side effects.

Keep an eye on your cholesterol and kidney tests.

I tolerated the drug well. some insomnia and depression, fatigue pain, but that is norm for me the past 7 years on any med.

My T cells are the highest ever on Triumeq. in the 900's!

Though I  am thinking of changing to odesfy sp?

I have high blood pressure, never had before, it was as high as 189/84.
also very high cholesterol, and I hardly eat, i weigh 112....

my kidney function is 47 and the triumeq is not recommended with <50

Again I didn't read the fine print and trusted my doctor. I have been on it 2 years and have had a eGFR <50 this whole time.... I can't trust my doctor, he never tells me these things.  Been trying to get in to see him for 10 weeks to make the switch.

I went to an AHF  clinic in LA this winter visiting my son and she recommended the Odesfy.

Geesh. I thought the reason why i switched to the Triumeq was because the tenofovir was causing kidney damage. (eGFR was hovering 30 back then)

Glad to hear you are doing well.

What a long strange trip it's been

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 01:06:51 am »
Congrats on the med change. I had thought about it, but have been taking a number of other meds and pretty much all of the once-a-days have more interaction precautions.

Keep up the good work.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.