Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:05:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 341
Total: 342

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Mini's latest labs  (Read 2440 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Mini's latest labs
« on: March 10, 2009, 08:46:06 am »
I don't have any of her ID numbers, but I wanted to post what I have.  Her PID cancelled our appointment scheduled for last Friday and she's not accepting any re-scheduling.  Mim had her ID labs done, but no one has returned my calls to let me know what they are.  For reference, I've posted her last lab results done Sept. 2008.

Test                                            Sept. 2008                                         March 2009
White blood count                        4.1                                                      4.9
Platelet count                               209                                                     245
Absolute Lymphs                           1694                                                    2009
Creatinine                                     .41                                                      .48
BUN                                             7                                                         14

Cholesterol                                   183                                                      195
HDL (good cholesterol)                     44                                                        43
LDL (bad cholesterol)                      115                                                      122
Triglycerides                                   119                                                      152

Total Bilirubin                                   .8                                                         1.1
AST                                               34                                                         38

CD4:CD8                                        1.7                                                    *pending
Abs. CD8                                       576                                                    *pending
Abs. CD4                                       988 (1207 in May 08)                            *pending
CD3                                                76                                                    *pending
CD4%                                             41%                                                 *pending
CD8%                                             26%                                                 *pending

There's 21 other tests that were done, but I have no idea what they mean or what there significance is.  Her morphology, which is usually a +1, is still pending.  I'll post her ID numbers as soon as I know them.

Mum
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:36:34 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: Mini's latest labs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 12:21:16 am »
Hey Mum,

It looks like her cholesterol/triglycerides aren't too bad. I, personally, would like to have those numbers.

Hang in there.

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 01:05:18 pm »
Reasonable, good even :-)

matt (greetings from the Eastern Cape) the newt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 03:27:30 pm »
Praise God!  I finally got a phone call with her ID numbers.  Problem is that I can't modify my original post because it's been over 48hrs.  To compare, I'll put in her labs from Sept 5th, 2008.

Test                                         Sept. 5, 2008                                      March 3, 2009
CD4                                          988 (1207 in May, 2008)                             633
CD8                                           576                                                         411
CD4:CD8                                    1.7                                                           1.5
CD4%                                        41%                                                          40%
CD8%                                         26                                                            26
VL                                             UNDETECTABLE                                         UNDETECTABLE

I'm extremely worried about her downward trend of CD4s.  They've steadily dropped about 300 every test.  The doctor who called me - I have no idea who he was - said that he had no idea when Doc would be back.  He did say that someone should be taking over for her in about a month.  I told him that was unacceptable, then explained what had been going on with her.  He said he'd make some phone calls - she really needed to be seen.  DUH!! >:(

This isnt' doing much to ease the feelings.  Makes it worse, really.  She doesn't have too many more 300-pt slopes before she'll have nothing left.  She's never had a trending down in the 7yrs she's been u/d.  At least there's no load. 

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 07:53:23 pm »

Well, mum

I know the t-cells keep falling, but the percentage is good and don't they say that's a more accurate variable when it comes it assessing the ways of the virus? 

I know that's of little consolation when it comes to the constant ringing in the ears and the pounding headaches. 

robt

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.