Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:11:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773469
  • Total Topics: 66369
  • Online Today: 350
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 255
Total: 256

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Back for more eye surgery  (Read 10582 times)

Offline zach

Back for more eye surgery
« on: May 22, 2023, 12:16:24 am »
And it has me shook. Felt absolutely abandoned by Emory last year. Regret consenting to radiation. Now I'm battling doubts of sunk cost. How many times do I let them cut me before I give up and say the eye is lost, fuck off leave it alone.

Feeling demoralized. 13 years living HIV, tired of it.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Back for more eye surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 04:14:11 am »
Sorry to hear you need more surgery and worried to hear you are tired.
Will this be the fifth surgery for the eye?

Wishing you well and strength.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 04:10:27 pm »

ojo.       Hello there!

I’m sorry to hear about your surgery. I don’t know what kind of problems you have with your eye but, if this kind of surgery is to try to save it, it doesn’t matter how many surgeries you have to go through.

You have no idea how many eyes surgeries since 1997 due to CMV retinitis, as a matter of fact, I having another one next Wednesday. We had to do what we had to do. It’s all that I can say.

Wishing you the best and please keep us posted. Hope dies loss…hugs

Offline zach

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 06:38:42 am »
Self advocacy isn't my strong point

At my best I'm too assertive. At my wits end worse, I'm an angry drill sergeant

Spent a few stressful hours on the phone yesterday

In the city now, killing time until appointment time.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 08:39:56 am »
Hope the appointment goes well.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline zach

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 12:00:36 pm »
After visit notes by my newly assigned case worker

This was my first contact with him

What a cluster fuck.

Patient did come in to update RW, get eyeglasses/eyecare, pickup medication, and inquire about why his mail order wasn't delivered. Patient also needed to update his RW. Patient became annoyed with updating RW. Patient stated " Updating RW is not his priority and getting his eyecare. Patient was becoming annoyed. Patient was given a appointment to update his RW so he could pick up his medication. Patient stated he wasn't going to feel like going to that appointment because he is having surgery on his eyes and it would be to much for him. I had to persaude him to make a appointment for RW.

Offline zach

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 06:13:44 pm »
7 more trips over the next month, they're killing me on gas alone

1 pre-op, 2 surgeries, 4 post ops

Clinic has sat on a resource that would have been a huge help to me months ago, case manager gave me information for the Lions Lighthouse foundation

They would have given me a glass monocle

It takes them six weeks, so no help in my immediate situation, his heart was in the right place but he failed to understand the moment

Offline zach

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 02:26:06 pm »
Left eye, 3 surgeries have failed to restore even correctable vision. I wouldn't have minded wearing glasses. I've got light, color, and blotchy shapes. Nothing resolves. Cataract removal at least eased the discomfort

I've tried and failed not be angry about this

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.