Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:34:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 465
Total: 466

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I have joined for a while now, I thought I should says hello  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Anqueetas

I have joined for a while now, I thought I should says hello
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:11:43 am »
Hello everyone, I have been here for almost a year now since my diagnosis. I think it time I should introduce myself. I'm a early 20s gay living and studying in Thailand. Many of your might heard about a huge flood in Thailand back in late 2011, that it when i tested poz in October 2011. At the time I was in a relationship( He is 29 Argentinian), we didn't use protection for once or twice a very BIG MISTAKE for me. Flashback to July 2011 I suddenly had a high fever and was hospitalize for 5 days, the doctor can't find what wrong with me.(PS. they test me for HIV which was negative). I started dating the guy back in May, so thing started to come together.

Then the drama came in, I told my family, there are very supportive but the real problem is my boyfriend at the time. When I told him of my status he started to breakdown and being so dramatic about getting himself tested. Soon after I have the feeling that some thing is not right with him. Eventually he said to me that he get tested in January(Insisted that he will gone by himself, this have me doubt that is he really get tested or did he already know he's poz) The relationship get really strain when I decided to take ARV but he is against it but I do it anyway because it is what best for me. Eventually we broke up in march because he just keep be so dramatic about everything and I feel that he didn't take care of himself put my health in further risk, that terribly burden me emotionally. His cd4 came out just 200, at that point he still don't want to be treated. After we broke up I'm decided to be friend and be supportive but that didn't workout either because I increasingly feel that he is lying to me. One day a close friend of mine who know my status did some digging on my now ex-boyfriend and find out that he had been poz since 2009, it was a shock for me, since he has been lying all along since we met. That was four months ago.

Now fast forward, today I'm happy. The problem I had with my medication was resolve,It has been a roller coaster with Atripla for me, depression dizziness brain fog etc.) many thanks to "eric48" for your help. Now I'm happily in a relationship with NVP/Truvada. 

My only hope is that my ex-boyfriend stop spreading this disease to other and put others through what I have experience. I recently found out he get himself a new boyfriend and move to Pattaya(hey good for ya but please stop spreading this virus all right!!!!, a little concern for his new BF but that none of my business). What really hurt me the most is how he betrayed and lied to me. My family even care for him, support him if he ask for it, financially if necessary and this is how he repay us. This is a life lesson that I will never ever forget for the rest of my life and a SERIOUS WAKE UP CALL.

I don't want to be selfish, I don't fuck around,I'm being honest and caring and this is what I get. Its been a long road and this virus had made me a better person, it teach me how to love myself, learn to have self esteem and be careful. You will never know what people really is.

Thank you again for eric48,common_ground and a lot of good people in these forum, for all of your support and good advice. I'm feel empowered to help fight this disease and to help others in a situation like me as much as I can.

HIV is not a joke, people should take it seriously. It is sad for me to sees rising rate of infection every year especially among teens in my country. All I hope is that teenagers especially LGBT, will one day learn how to protect themselves and don't risk their lives because of low self-esteem. Unsafe sex was seen as a sign of love,trust and that how people get infected because they want to please their partner and choose to neglect they own personal safety, including myself.
ARS, hospitalized for very high fever-July 2011
diagnosed HIV positive - October 16 2011
CD4 460 19.5% VL 49000 - late October 2011
CD4 625 19.5% VL 50030 - January 2012
CD4 369 19% VL 69000 - March 2012
Start Sustiva+ Truvada - April 17 2012
CD4 524 24.5% VL UD - August 22 2012
Switch to Nevirapine+Truvada
CD4 490 26% VL UD - November 2012
CD4 539 29% VL UD - February 2013
CD4 621 28% VL UD - May 2013

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: I have joined for a while now, I thought I should says hello
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:19:11 am »
Anqueetas, we received your request to delete this post so that you could re-post it in a more appropriate forum. But actually this is a perfectly ok place for you to post this entry.

So just continue on getting better acquainted here.

Welcome. 
Andy Velez

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:24:05 am »
Anqueetas,

Welcome to the forums.

Your post does indeed describe a valuable life lesson that you are wise to learn from.

Good for you to take care of your health.

Wishing you the best.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 09:25:28 am »
Welcome to the Forums !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline scotty54

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 10:11:22 am »
Hello Anqueetas,
Welcome to the forums.  I too had the Atripla spin-out.  Just now beginning to get my sleeping patterns back to normal.  Made the switch to Complera.  Thanks for your advice that the Sustiva component tends to fade slowly.  So true.  I may consider Viramune as a future option.

Best of luck with your health and going forward with your personal life also.
I may not agree with you, but will always defend your right to disagree.

Offline Anqueetas

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 09:25:50 pm »
Thank you everyone for your support

Offline The_Countess

• HIV Royalty
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 12:54:08 am »
hello darlin and welcome to the forum
The Countess.  Enjoying my HIV since 1992.  Cocktails added in 1998.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 01:58:01 am »
Hi Anqueetas, Welcome to the forum. Glad you found your way here.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 10:38:00 am »

Welcome to the forums!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 10:58:48 am »
Welcome!!

Offline Anqueetas

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 11:22:57 am »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 11:17:42 pm »
Howdy!  ;)

Welcome!

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.