Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:01:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 634
Total: 634

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Interview the Person Below You (Part 2)  (Read 15167 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Interview the Person Below You (Part 2)
« on: July 30, 2019, 04:25:27 pm »
Interview the Person Below You

I'm starting a new interview thread. Here is the first one: https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=64636.0

Answer the question from the forum member above you and, ask a new question. Only 1 question per go and keep the questions "off-topic" with regards to HIV and no Yes/No answers allowed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

What did you get up to as a child during the summer that got you in trouble?
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline harleymc

Re: Interview the Person Below You (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 02:11:14 am »
With regards to my dad, everything I did was bad, he thought I was the devil's spawn.

I set off one day for a self guided walk/ climb up kunanyi / Mount Wellington (Hobart, Tasmania)when I was 5 or 6.  Didn't tell my parents, totally unprepared, really just luck that I made it up and down in one piece.

Apparently the police had been called and neighbours searching etc etc… but I had a grand adventure.

Q. What superpower do you have/ would like to have?

Offline Mindless

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 09:00:34 am »
Now? I know it’s trivial but I’d like to have the power to heal HIV...

Q: what is the most awkward situation you found yourself in?
Dx Feb. 2018, CD 320, %14

- Atripla Feb/18 -->
- Complera (generic) 2019 -->
- Dovato (generic) 2021 -->

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 11:37:34 am »
A:

Truthfully, not proud of it but years ago when I was still drinking like a fish, whilst traveling in Denmark I had an accident in the bed. Was drinking to excess, woke-up in the morning to the mess ... :-[  Was a bit like the transporting moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xed-WE7kQ48

Anyhow too embarrassed to tell the Hotel so I cleaned myself up, went out, bought some bleach & cleaning products, washed the bedding in the bath and, hung it up to dry.

Q:

What was one of your most defining moments in life?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 09:53:47 pm »
A:
When I lost 53 kg (I was 133 kg and went to 80) and gained back my confidence.
I was that fat kid all of my life,losing all that weight made me feel better,as well as boost my self esteem. Thankfully after 6 years I remain the same weight so that's good.

Q: What is your dream job/career?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 10:02:44 pm »
A:

Nice question. I always wanted to own a restaurant and be the Chef. I trained as a cook, qualified after 5 years, worked in some of the more prestigious restaurants in my region that still insisted on the colour coded buttons on the jackets according to the role in the kitchen etc, it's part of my life I look back on fondly.

Q:

Where do you want to live when you retire? Or if you have already retired what advice would you give to someone looking to retire in 20/25 years from now?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 07:21:21 am »
A. Don't really mind where I end up retiring. I could say something like California (for the climate), or Cornwall (a lovely part of the UK with amazing coastline) or Wales (the old country) but in reality I don't care as long as I am with or near to the people I hold dearest. Rather live in a shithole and be happy then in paradise but completely isolated!

Q. Thinking back to your childhood, what one thing would you bring back and change about modern life, if you could?
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 03:35:41 pm »
A. To be honest, I don't think there is anything I would bring back from my childhood era to modern life. Although, in a few weeks' time, my answer might be electricity if things keep going the way they are.

Q. If you could travel to any year in a time machine, what year would you choose and why?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 08:18:41 pm »
A. 1984
if I was 23 again then I could be with Randy and our 7 cocker spaniels all over again. (buy my first CD, Purple Rain; go on my first date with Randy, Purple Rain; get my first tattoo (purple rain-ish); get one ear and one nipple pierced; got our first cocker Apollonia (purple rain stuff again);our pet store "reigning pets"; and bought my first leather jacket and harness) Yes, yes. I understand it means I'd get HIV all over again and eventually lose my little family. But then I'd get to be with my second family of Jim and our 4 cockers. (cedar point, kings island, pooltag, hiking at nelson ledges, the BIG swimming pool). And I know I'd lose them too; but then I'd have my life with Larry and our border collie start all over again.

I'm very pragmatic about my life. I made a lot of decisions, good and bad, and had a lot of life-changing events happen (I'll take credit for the HIV, but not the auto accidents, the house fire, the death of my partners and pets), so my life is with it is. Even with all the tragedy, I'm happy with my life because I've been so loved. I'd love to do it all again, not changing anything, to be able to enjoy it all a second time as much as I enjoyed it the first time around.

Although, since forewarned  is forearmed and I'm a very cautious person, I'd try to skip all the death and near-death days. ;)

Q. What is your favorite book or the book that made an impact in your life?
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline fabio

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 12:00:56 pm »
Mike,your answer seems very thought out,and I'm glad that all the way through your life journey you had love and still do have love.

A
I would say The alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It's a very light read,it was the very first book I ever read because I hated reading (my literature teacher suggested that I read a book in order to improve on my writing,and that was really good advice), so when I read it I felt like I was missing on many things these years. In general I used to have a big imagination as a kid (that's what most teachers said),so if I had started earlier maybe I could have dealt better with my issues back then.
Anyways,this book signifies on going through a journey,having the courage to take on difficult tasks of travelling and finding a hidden treasure when all along the treasure was the journey itself. It probably got inspired by the odyssey, who knows. It signifies my journey as well, because I never took risks and never tried to improve myself,instead I sulked and gave up before trying. In turn,I did eventually get the push to pursue my own journey and not wait for it to happen (like the hero staying in his village,herding sheep and being bound to it,not experiencing what the world has to offer), a coming of age of sorts.

Q

Who was the person that influenced you the most, shaped your character and why?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 12:03:25 pm by fabio »

Offline harleymc

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2022, 08:24:12 pm »
My parents both influenced me.

My father was a violent pig (PTSD from his war service)  mum just was very conservative. Both of them had pronounced social anxiety. Between the two of them I had a lot to react against.

What genre of music or musician(s) do you most enjoy?

Offline Loa111

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 05:16:44 am »
What genre of music or musician(s) do you most enjoy?

Heavy Metal right through to the heaviest thrash metal & hard rock.

What genre of books do you like & what's your favourite topics/subjects/interests to read about?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2022, 05:50:19 pm »
What genre of books do you like & what's your favourite topics/subjects/interests to read about?

A: Well, I don't read much anymore. As a kid, I did enjoy reading The Famous Five and The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton, so detective/adventure stuff.

Q: What was your worst job interview experience?

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline kentfrat1783

• Instagram: kentfrat1783
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2022, 09:59:43 pm »
A:  Well this is on the standpoint of an Interviewer and HR Manager.   

We were interviewing a candidate for an advisor position with middle/high school students.  The interview went OK until the end and they ask "My Parole Officer says it's OK for me to have a job with minors, but my convocation deals with minor abuse.  Is this going to be a problem?"

End of interview and the start of general criminal search before interviews. 

Q:  What is that one food you look forward too around the holidays?  That is any holiday throughout the year.
Date - CD4 - Percent - VL
08/23/23 - 366 - 26%
06/20/23 - 349 - 21% - UD
04/15/23 - 229 - 19% - <20
11/14/22 - 486 - 24% - 73
10/12/22 - 316 - 19% - <20
06/20/22 - 292 - 21% - <20
01/25/22 - 321 - 22% - <20
09/22/21 - 278 - 19% - <20
02/02/21 - 225 - 19% - <20
06/08/20 - 257 - 20% - <20
03/17/20 - 285 - 19% - 101 (2.00)
12/17/19 - 290 - 20% - <20
09/17/19 - 218 - 16%
06/18/19 - 173 - 16% - <20
03/13/19 - 170 - 16% - <20
January 2019 - Started Triumeq
12/05/08 - 174 - 18% - <20
08/28/18 - 166 - 15% - <20
05/08/18 - 106 - 11% - <20
03/05/18 -   90 - 10% - <20
12/11/17 -   60 -   8%
09/07/17 -   42 -   6% - 54 (1.70)
May 2017 - Started Atripla
05/11/17 -    2 -    1% - 169,969 (5.23)
OI's: PCP
Dx`d May 11, 2017

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 04:08:12 pm »
"My Parole Officer says it's OK for me to have a job with minors, but my convocation deals with minor abuse.  Is this going to be a problem?"

;D
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 04:19:05 pm »
Q:  What is that one food you look forward too around the holidays?  That is any holiday throughout the year.

A: Olibollen. It's like a Dutch doughnut eaten at New Year, and every year I make them for the kids.

Q: What's the worst thing you have ever done whilst at work?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2023, 05:41:57 am »
A: Olibollen. It's like a Dutch doughnut eaten at New Year, and every year I make them for the kids.

Q: What's the worst thing you have ever done whilst at work?

A: Sleep in the desk or inside the empty clean room (night shift at a hotel 😂).

Q: What habits do you have that you kept from your childhood?

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2023, 05:28:16 pm »
Hmmmm habits from childhood… Well there was a period from age 11-14 where I lived alone and only saw my father on weekends. He moved in with his new wife and her children a few miles away, but I was left money to grocery shop or eat out during the week. So I learned very much to enjoy my own company. I’d spend hours reading comic books or Agatha Christie novels in my bed, or painting/drawing! I’d say I still prefer my own company to anyone else’s. I had roommates for years so that I got my socialization quota met, but not anymore.

Q. If you were trapped on a deserted island, what one animal species would you choose to have as your island mate???

JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2023, 08:23:28 pm »
Q. If you were trapped on a deserted island, what one animal species would you choose to have as your island mate???
OMG! Dogs! All the dogs! Woof, woof, woof!!

I've only got two in my pack right now. Well, three if you count Larry. LOL but I used to have a pack of 7, and I miss that many. And yes, I realize it's a deserted island; but I'll track and hunt down wild boar or whatever with my pack and we'll sleep in a big puppy pile every night. Ah, it'll be heaven.

A. What's your favorite musical album? Not a song, not an artist. One whole album (well, minus a song or two. LOL few albums are completely perfect) that is your all time favorite.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2023, 06:39:27 pm »
Q: What's your favorite musical album? Not a song, not an artist. One whole album (well, minus a song or two. LOL few albums are completely perfect) that is your all time favorite.

Oh geez I feel badly for taking up such a great question with my lame musical tastes. I’m a country music person usually, but the 2003 album 7 by Enrique Iglesias got me through some dark days. I was struggling to come out, which I felt was impossible, so I thought that left me with only ending things. One particularly dark day I remember racing my car about 90 mph just trying to get the courage to veer off the road, and this album came on in the background.

Enrique has always been extremely open and accepting and this album had plenty of self loving tracks, including sexuality positive messages- which for a mainstream straight male artist was still unheard of. “Be Yourself” “Free” “Addicted” “The way You touch Me” “Say It” were all great, but it was “Live it up Tonight” that made the difference for me in my life, and was very pro bi and gay. And as much as all of those are great, the song “California Callin’” is still one of my top 5 songs of all time.

Ps if you haven’t heard his later song “Tonight I’m F*ing You” it is def a song that was released. The video is super hot tho!

So my question is: You are hosting a dinner party, what is the one food dish that you are known for making, or that’d you’ve always wanted to tackle, that is on the menu! Bonus if you know the appetizer and dessert that you’d serve as well!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2023, 03:27:56 pm »
So my question is: You are hosting a dinner party, what is the one food dish that you are known for making, or that’d you’ve always wanted to tackle, that is on the menu! Bonus if you know the appetizer and dessert that you’d serve as well!

A:
Well, I do get asked to make Mustard soup often enough. If you asked my Daughter what one dish I am known for, she would say it's "Toad in the Hole" tad basic, but she loves it.

Q:

What food do you dislike and why?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 06:01:34 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2023, 09:17:30 am »
Mustard soup
in the anthropomorphized voice of my wee Aberdeen,
that sounds "f@ucking delicious!"

leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2023, 10:53:03 am »
 ;D

So Q:

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2023, 07:32:17 pm »
Mustard soup
OMG!! I totally forgot to tell you on google-meet that I was making this today!!! Aberdeen was right! It was f@ckin' delicious. I made grilled ham and swiss on rye to go with it. Next time I have leftover roast, I think I'm going to shred some of that into it along with some shredded cabbage. Yum.

Thanks for mentioning this so I had some new to try!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2023, 08:06:18 pm »
oops. i forgot the pix.

leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2023, 10:07:42 am »
Looks delicious 😋. Sometimes I add bacon to mine.

A:
Well, I do get asked to make Mustard soup often enough. If you asked my Daughter what one dish I am known for, she would say it's "Toad in the Hole" tad basic, but she loves it.

Q:

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.