Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:44:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 650
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 608
Total: 608

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: So I need some comments to this.  (Read 5449 times)

Offline dhivpol

So I need some comments to this.
« on: September 27, 2009, 07:35:37 pm »
So my boyfriend and I are living with his father. He is buying guns (2 shotguns, 1 AK47 and 2 handguns) saying we are still in the civil war and that someone should shoot Obama. He has said before "Obama is on his list". What can we do?
Live, Love, and be Happy.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: So I need some comments to this.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 07:47:56 pm »
first, you'll need to find a new home. once you have that accomplished, you could, if you think his threat are truly more than idle racial and/or anti-authoritarian comments, notify the FBI.

If you do anything rashly, you may find yourself homeless. It never pays to criticize the ones making the house payment.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline dhivpol

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 07:49:58 pm »
Well he is 57, a person who drinks wine while he drives, and still calls people a nigger. I don't know what to do. He now has: 1 Revolver, 2 Shotguns, 1 AK 47 Machine Gun, 2 Handguns and he is ordering a AR 15.

Offline weasel

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:14:07 pm »
IF  you are for real ?

YOU need  to move and fast !

I would wonder about your boy friend too !

This is NOT  normal  or leagal  !

Wackos  will do anything  to anybody !

I hope you get out alive !

Carl

" Live and let Live "

Offline dhivpol

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 08:28:00 pm »
My boyfriend and I both think he is crazy, my partner and I are both poz and were on the HOPWA list for housing. My boyfriend wants nothing to do with his father.

I do know he was separated from working for the City when he threatened to shoot his boss . and the gov't put him on Disability. Why is the Law Enforcement allowing him to buy these guns?

I forgot, he also smokes weed and takes his pain meds.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:33:41 pm by dhivpol »

Offline Texan38

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 08:31:33 pm »
Move out.....ASAP!
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 08:48:15 pm »
Doesn't your name pop up on some watch list when you start hoarding guns and ammo?  I mean, if he getting the weapons legally.  Who knows these days?

I am sure he shares these views with others - you could call the FBI and make an anonymous complaint.  I sure they would be more then happy to speak to you about any potential wackjob who is armed.

good luck

yeah, move out - not a good situation for any of you. 

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 09:26:43 pm »
If you really think he is mentally ill and imminently dangerous you can go to your local magistrate and petition for his involuntary commitment. If the magistrate agrees he will be picked up by law enforcement and taken to a hospital or mental health center where he will be evaluated and hospitalized against his will if necessary. The particulars vary from state to state.

Offline dhivpol

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 09:44:26 pm »
What is a Magistrate?

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 10:01:58 pm »
This guy sounds like a powderkeg.  He's threatened to shoot people, owns guns, spews anger + hate speech and drinks/smokes pot.  A recipe for disaster.  You should DEFINITELY report him even if anonymously.  God forbid he should do something that you could have prevented...

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 10:03:57 pm »
p.s. = I hope you don't mind my asking but how is it that he is ok with you and your partner living together in his home when he seems so narrow-minded?

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 10:04:58 pm »
just remember: before you take any action - get out of there first!

crazy people (and not-so-crazy people) often do crazy things. if he finds out (or even thinks) that YOU are the one that notified any authorities about him, your very life could be in danger. Even if you think you can report this anonymously, he may find out, figure out, or just suspect that it was you.

Plenty of women have been killed by their significant others when those people weren't held long enough in custody, believed they "knew" who turned them in etc. (and you're not even "blood kin" to this man, so he may have no compunction against harming you) If this man is the danger (and bigot) that you claim he is, he'll "know" who to come for when he needs retribution (or to regain his "manliness") after the authorities let him go or don't take him in.

There's even the chance that the authorities may not "believe" you (prejudice in law enforcement is nothing new) and they may even tell him of your actions. I understand that this may mean that you can do nothing at all until you have different housing; but that may be the safest route of action for you to take to stay alive or not get beaten up.

I'm not saying to not do anything about this situation, I'm just urging that you be safe in whatever you do. I'd hate to say I told you so, if he shoots you dead with one of those weapons. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 10:11:37 pm »
p.s. = I hope you don't mind my asking but how is it that he is ok with you and your partner living together in his home when he seems so narrow-minded?

Did he buy any bullets?  I'm with GNY, how is it that he accepts you two living together?   I'm just surprised you made it to the keyboard to post this.  You better duck, run for cover immediately, and get to a phone so you can call the police.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline dhivpol

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 10:14:04 pm »
He has ammo, yes. For some reason, he doesnt mind us here. He does not know were poz btw.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 10:19:02 pm »
What is a Magistrate?

It is a judicial officer. You should start by calling the police or sheriff's department and explaining your concerns.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 11:56:30 pm »
Is there another relative or friends who you can live with?  Can either of you ask a social worker for advice and help to relocate ASAP?  I'm with leatherman. First priority, yourselves... Also, outside experts on mental illness and if they agree, outside muscle. 
He's obviously not all bad but definately off his rocker.  If your BF loves him then there might be a way for him to help him.  But you two, safe elsewhere, may be the first challenge.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 12:57:26 am »
Quote " He is buying guns (2 shotguns, 1 AK47 and 2 handguns) saying we are still in the civil war and that someone should shoot Obama. He has said before "Obama is on his list".Quote you:

If he's not on a watch list, he will/should be now. Anything posted here is public: and threats made to the President are frowned upon.  :-\

Move Out.....would be my vote.
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline dhivpol

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 03:06:51 am »
Thank you all for your comments, we will be moving out ASAP!!! (And I will be contacting upper auth.) Thanks again all.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 09:05:53 am »
just be safe!
and, as things progress, let us know what happens  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 02:56:48 pm »
Wow, this is scary! I'm glad that you are getting out of there. I'm also pretty sure that it is illegal to verbally threaten the Presidents life. Anyway, good luck with all of this.
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline smalltown66

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 07:23:21 pm »
Do you have HIV casemanagers or a therapist or someone you can trust and talk to?
Get their advice on the fastest and safest way to get out of this situation quickly and safely.

I hope you find peace and comfort soon.

Smalltown66
Lifting the weight of the world sure is easier with others with the same goal.

Offline mewithu

• mewithu
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 07:50:31 pm »
Look in the phone book for the Secret Service and report this as  soon as possible any threat to the president is a felony and they will be there in no time flat if it has merit.
1997 is when I found out, being deathly ill. I had to go to the hospital due to extreme headache and fever. I fell coma like,  two months later weighing 95 pounds and in extreme pain and awoke to knowledge of Pancreatis, Cryptococcal Meningitis, Thrush,Severe Diarea,  Wasting, PCP pneumonia. No eating, only through tpn. Very sick, I was lucky I had good insurance with the company I worked for. I was in the hospital for three months that time. 
(2010 Now doing OK cd4=210  VL= < 75)
I have become resistant to many nukes and non nukes, Now on Reyataz, , Combivir. Working well for me not too many side effects.  I have the wasting syndrome, Fatigue  . Hard to deal with but believe it or not I have been through worse. Three Pulmonary Embolism's in my life. 2012 520 t's <20 V load

Offline Dale Parker

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 09:35:37 pm »
Hey D: I would talk to a lawyer first.  If you can't afford one see if you can go to a legal clinic as they usually have a probono (don't think I spelled that right) = Free or low cost. Make sure your asses are covered legally. You will also need their help and guidance if you want to have him committed. Emotionally it will probably be better for your boyfriend if he has him committed rather than thrown in jail. I'd give him/her your statements. Pictures are worth a thousand words but they aren't worth your life if you get caught taking them. Once finished with the lawyer immediately talk to your housing people. They can move you out faster if your under threat of physical harm which you are.
take care
Dale
Apr 09  CD4 21, CD4/CD8 ratio 0 VL 500,000+
July 09 CD4 158, CD4/CD812% VL 750
Oct 09 CD4 157 CD4/CD8 14% VL UD
Feb 10 CD4 197, CD4/CD8 11% VL UD
May 10  CD4 252 CD4/CD8 12% VL UD
Aug 10 CD4 211 VL UD
Nov 10 CD4 272 CD4/CD8 0.138 VL UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.