Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:24:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 567
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 537
Total: 537

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: STINGING...  (Read 3073 times)

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
STINGING...
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:52:40 pm »
My legs are stinging right now from a nest of yellow jackets.  I am pissed.  I ran around my garage looking for something to dump on them.  In the end I opted for tons of water and then packing dirt on top of them.

It was a valiant fight, but they lost (we shall see tomorrow).

I hate killing things, but the stinging pissed me off.

GRRrrrrl....

Offline Blixer

Re: STINGING...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 09:58:07 pm »
I bet Ortho Hornet and Wasp killer would take care of them.  Like you, I don't like killing things, as long as they leave me alone.  But if they are gonna pick on me, then I'm gonna use the tools to get the upper hand.  Hope your legs get better soon.
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 09:59:48 pm »
nDrew:
  OMG!  Will you have to go to the doctor's to get, like, some prescription cortisone or something?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 10:06:19 pm »
Having been stung on the crown of the head, unprovoked, by their cousins the red wasps, please allow me to say I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I'm still feeling it in the form of a keloid scar forming at ground zero.  Also, I should add:

KILL THE BASTARDS!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 10:19:00 pm »
I love putting the end to bees. I try to always put the sting to them before they do to me. Honey bees are a different story. I don't mess with them. Blixer, I like that spray too. You can stay way back and get those suckers. Early morning is the best time to attack them before it starts to warm up. We have a huge problem with yellow jackets and hornets. Ground hornets in a hay fields are the worse by far. "Run Spot run, See Jane, Dick and Sally run? Go Spot go."

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 07:10:05 am »
Hello, Sorry that the Yellow Jackets attacked. They tend to do that. Pour gasoline down both holes(entrance and exit) , let it sit, DO NOT LIGHT IT, and it will kill them.  Make sure you run away though because they will be very angry. Good luck. Cristy. 

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 12:51:47 am »
Huh, that's funny Cristy, cuz in the stinging fury I was searching for something to pour down there and thought about gasoline, but opted for water.  I haven't checked to see what happened to them, however the stings itched all day today...

Drew

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 01:17:47 am »
I agree with Basquo. KILL THE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!

If I get stung I have to be rushed to the Emergency room highly alergic to bee stings.

When I was 9 I got stung on the lip I made it to the hospital in under 10 minutes and ended up taking 6 shots, the doctor said if we had lived further I would have died. Luckly lived in minutes of the hospital at that time. Today is a different story live further away from the hospital. Also then we did not have 911.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 01:55:05 pm »
I feel you! I stepped on one of these nests four or five years ago, and still have scars on my ankles from multiple points of stingers. OUCH!!!
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.