Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:51:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 661
Total: 663

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: klauss introduction thread  (Read 3225 times)

Offline klauss

• Keep the fight going...
klauss introduction thread
« on: January 15, 2017, 03:50:28 am »
Hey,i"m also newly diagnosed,I also have thrush,I just stared Hiv meds for a week now,no major side effects,my question is :The thrush goes away by it self on Haart after CD4 rises(my CD4 count is 347 ) or we must take other meds,my doc says to wait,it will go away,sorry for my rusty english,i"m from Europe....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:53:52 am by JimDublin »
DX: 05.12.2016

12.12.2016 CD4 347,CD8 1032,VL= will now soon
07.01.2017 Start meds
Emtriva+Tenofovir+Tivicay (first two make Truvada,but not available yet in my country)
18.05.2017  VL -UD
18.102017 cd4 633   cd8 907 Vl

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: klauss introduction thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 04:13:06 am »
Hi Klauss

Welcome to the forum, glad to hear you have started treatment and sorry to hear about the thrush. I split your post with questions that you have about your own concerns into your own thread.

If you have thrush its really important to get this overgrowth of candidiasis treated, there are a number of treatments but common is to treat with Fluconazole

Its true that both HIV-positive and HIV-negative people can develop candidiasis overgrowth, that said it in people living with HIV it can improve or recur less often if your on HIV meds and with increased CD4 counts, however candidiasis is one of thous things that can happen even with increased CD4 counts and suppressed HIV.

Candidiasis normally is not serious in itself but overgrowth, Esophageal candidiasis & invasive candidiasis as example can be very serious and not something you can see yourself, so do go see your doctor so they can treat you correctly and prevent any problems.

Look don't worry about the rusty English its just fine.

Take it easy

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline klauss

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 04:36:07 am »
Thanks so much Jim,

Fluconazole 50mg 1/day it does not help,my trush is not spread only on tongue,is not so bad but is there and is so annoying,from yesterday I use a mouthwash antibacterial with chlorhexidine 0.2% and it seemes to be better...

07.01.2017 Start meds
Emtriva+Tenofovir+Tivicay (first two make Truvada,but not available yet in my country)
18.05.2017  VL -UD

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 08:35:31 am »
another med to try is mycelex troches (lozenges which you allow to dissolve in your mouth). this was the only med to work on my thrush. (I had severe thrush several times which caused serious esophageal issues. To this day I still have issues with swallowing because of the scar tissue left after the thrush)

leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline klauss

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 08:47:20 am »
Thank you Leatherman,

Il will try it if this what i'm using now will not help,for now i only see it on my tongue ,my throat seems to be ok,i will observe close ,my doctor is telling me that is ok for now ,is not bad just rinse my mounth with mouthwater or a solution with bicarbonate ...hope also that Haart will boost my imune system and it will fight on its own.I have read many of your post to understand better "if someone can live a live with Hiv for a long time(i'm 35 years)" and it i'm glad to see that you are a inspiration for many of us....wish you all the best :)

07.01.2017 Start meds
18.05.2017  VL -UD

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 02:57:04 pm »

OJO         HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE CLUB...I USED TO USE MYCELEX, I PREFERED THAT, THAT THE FLUCONAZOLE...IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD STOP USING THE ANTIBIOTIC MOUTHWASH....I SEE YOUR NUMBERS ARE GOOD, I WONDER WHY THE THRUSH,...I GUESS YOU ARE NOT A V.I.P. OF THE HIV CLUB, BUT YOUR MEDS WORK AS WELL, THE SECRET FOR A SUCCESFUL TREATMENT IS DISCIPLINE, TAKING YOUR MEDICATION, AND A GOOD ATTITUDE IN LIFE, WE CAN'T TURN BACK TIME, NOW THAT YOU KNOW YOU ARE POSITIVE, (HIV), YO HAVE TO BE POSITIVE, TRUST ME, A GOOD ATTITUDE HELPS A LOT. YOU ARE ALLOW TO FALL DAOWN, FEELING SAD, ANGRY, ETC., BUT YOU HAVE THE OBLIGATION TO GET UP IN KEEP LOOKING FORWARD, GO BACK TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE AND, IF YOU CAN, TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO GET TESTED FOR HIV...I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU DECIDED TO GET TESTED, BUT IT WAS A GREAT DECISION YOU MADE...KEEP US POSTED PLEASE...BEST OF LUCK...HUGS                                                                                               OJO

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.