Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2021, 04:07:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 761998
  • Total Topics: 64695
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 101
Total: 103

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: cervical radiculopathy  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Almost2late

cervical radiculopathy
« on: May 24, 2021, 11:43:02 am »
Has anyone had this and how did you get rid of it. Mine has lasted for over a month. My doc has prescribed an 8 day course of steroids, and there was some improvement but once it was finished I found myself in lots of pain again. The pain is mostly around my left shoulder blade and there's swelling on my back from the inflammation.. but it stretches out from pain in the neck to numbness at my in my left hand. 

800mg of ibuprofen seems to help a little, but I'm afraid it may be doing harm to my liver as well. I'm at my wits end with this.
Diagnosed - Feb.2014 Cd4 13, at 2.8%
Recent - Sept 2021 Cd4 284 at 17.8%

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: cervical radiculopathy
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 04:08:58 pm »
Sorry to hear about this & the pain. Hope you can find something that works soon.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 01:20:44 am »
Has anyone had this and how did you get rid of it.

800mg of ibuprofen seems to help a little, but I'm afraid it may be doing harm to my liver as well. I'm at my wits end with this.

I had to Google that, to find out what it was. Do you exercise regularly ? Is there a chance you did something, or pinched a nerve during exercise, that may have caused this to happen.

Wish I can give some advice, But I can't recall ever having this issue.

And yes, Watch the Ibuprofen. I found out in 2019, how much that can effect the liver. My doctor told me to toss the Advil in the garbage, after I had some crappy readings. The good thing is, it all went back to Normal readings.

Hope things start improving soon for you.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated 5/27/21 tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of May 27th,21,  Viral load remains Undetectable

CD 4 @571 /  CD4 % @ 17 %
69 YEARS YOUNG

WEAR A MASK !! COVID KILLS !

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 03:30:31 pm »
Thank you Jim and Ray, the kind words are appreciated.

I had to Google that, to find out what it was.

Yeah, I also had to look it up.. it's the official name for a pinched nerve, but I've had my nerve pinched before and it never lasted this long or caused this much pain.
The swelling and cracking noise from my neck is also something I haven't experienced from any past pinched nerve episode, so I felt it merits the official medical jargon.

Do you exercise regularly ? Is there a chance you did something, or pinched a nerve during exercise, that may have caused this to happen.

Not sure what I specifically did to deserve this hell, but like so many others out there I put on a few pounds during the Covid and haven't taken care of myself like I should've. I have been attending to my yard, so there's that.

Heading to the urgent care now, hopefully they'll give me some morphine. 🙏

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 05:11:17 am »
Still have the pain, but not as severe. I've been going to physical therapy for it, I think it might be helping but sometimes I don't know. At times it feels like I've been shot with a tazer gun in my arm.. still know feeling in my fingers. And to make matters worse, now my left eye has been irritating with burning at the corners. Don't think it's related, but I feel like I'm falling apart. Going to make an appointment with the dr. about this in the morning.

Getting so sick of this shit.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 10:52:26 am »
Still have the pain, but not as severe. I've been going to physical therapy for it, I think it might be helping but sometimes I don't know. At times it feels like I've been shot with a tazer gun in my arm.. still know feeling in my fingers. And to make matters worse, now my left eye has been irritating with burning at the corners. Don't think it's related, but I feel like I'm falling apart. Going to make an appointment with the dr. about this in the morning.

Getting so sick of this shit.

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear that the issue, has not resolved. But I hear ya, it seems if its not one thing its another. Hopefully you will get some relief soon. keep us updated with the eye issues as well

Take care----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated 5/27/21 tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of May 27th,21,  Viral load remains Undetectable

CD 4 @571 /  CD4 % @ 17 %
69 YEARS YOUNG

WEAR A MASK !! COVID KILLS !

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2021 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.