Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:15:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 233
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Eviction notice... Update #4 - still in limbo  (Read 19674 times)

Offline Razorbill

Re: Eviction notice... Update #3
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2007, 09:38:55 am »
I hope everyone gets their act together, Ann , and that you are not terribly inconvenienced anylonger.  The climate by you must be damp and cold this time of year.  I hate the thought of you sailing the Irish Sea in a beautiful, pea-green boat.

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2007, 10:19:39 am »
Things are looking up.  By the time its all said and done, your new house will have a beautiful garden and an Aga cooker.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2007, 03:10:36 pm »
I've updated my blog again. I still haven't been re-housed.

Click here to read more.

Thanks for listening.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Eviction notice... Update #4 - still in limbo
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2007, 03:13:10 pm »
Hang in there sweetie!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline bear60

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2007, 03:19:45 pm »
It will all work out I am sure Ann.  The positive thing is that you are safe, warm and secure.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2007, 03:39:20 pm »
Thanks guys.

The one thing keeping me going is knowing that eventually, my situation will improve. I feel like I'm hanging on to a yo-yo for dear life, one minute happy and confident, the next anxious and fearful. I'll be glad when it's all over. It's not an ideal situation at the moment but it could be worse - as the duty social worker made clear the other week.

You're right Bear, at least I'm safe, warm and (sorta) secure. The cats too - even if they do think I'm sleeping in the garden! ;D

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bear60

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2007, 03:45:04 pm »
Ann
I think the feeling of being on a yo yo is pretty common to a lot of us.  My doctor finally told me I should just stay on the wellbutrin because it elevates my mood and makes me able to get out of the house.
I know this is a difficult time for you ....and the kitties.  They are such creatures of routine arent they!!  Ours...lets see its 3PM so he is napping from 3 to 6 and then dinner is at 6. LOL

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2007, 03:48:34 pm »
Hang in there Ann. It will get better soon..
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2007, 03:56:02 pm »
Ours...lets see its 3PM so he is napping from 3 to 6 and then dinner is at 6. LOL

Hehehee... if he's anything like mine, he wakes up and TELLS you it's dinner time. RIGHT NeeeOW! ;D

It's occurred to me to ask for a little something to keep the depression at bay, but so far I think I'm winning. I used zopiclone for a few nights so I could get some sleep, but I don't like waking up next to it in the morning. ;)

I know I really don't have much to complain about, but the not knowing where I'm going, or when - I'm finding it difficult. I think I'll feel like a new person when I finally find out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2007, 03:57:13 pm »
Aw, thanks Queen, good to see you here today. I was missing you already! I hope you find a way to stay online, I know it means a lot to you.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bear60

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2007, 04:04:08 pm »
Ann
Only thing I can say is that this Wellbutrin makes me feel like I just smoked a whole pack of cigarettes and I'm ready for action!! lol (No wonder it works to stop smoking) But you are the one who can determine if you need an anti depressant or a mood elevator......right?
Yup....he will come here to where I am on the computer and announce its dinner time.  Then he watches Kurt prepare our evening meal. Has another nap and then joins us for some TV before bedtime. He announces its time to get up at 6:30 AM but I put him on snooze until 7:30 or 8.  Then I start the coffee pot and he goes outside with me to get the newspaper.  This is when he gets to sniff the side of the house to check for good scents. Today it was 12 degrees and I refused to stay out with him so I got the paper and went back in the house.  30 seconds later he was trying to get in.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2007, 04:36:01 pm »
Bear,

Fred is in charge of the wake-up call - that job has always fallen to the youngest in this family. He's always the first at the door in the morning when I get home from the B&B and if he knew how to get out of the house and find the B&B, I'm sure he'd be on the roof outside my window every morning. LOL

How do you put your cat on snooze? I'd love to know that little secret! ;D

Cheers, Bear, thanks for the kitty chat.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2007, 04:39:49 pm »
Ann....

Thinking of you today...hope things get better.....and if there's anything I can do...
Just tell me.  You got it.  Hang in there, Fair Lady!
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2007, 04:44:52 pm »
Thanks David, I appreciate that.  :-*

Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bear60

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2007, 05:00:40 pm »
Snooze
Buster is a big cat.  He weighs 20 plus pounds.  He intimidates some dogs.
He jumps up on the bed and stands with his front paws on my chest and his face in mine...sniff sniff. So I reach out and push him down and he turns as he goes down and ends up along side of me head facing the foot of the bed.  All our cats have done this not in your face lying in bed.  Sometimes I lie there stroking his back and fall asleep with my hand on him.  He doesnt seem to mind.  But still , this only lasts for a half hour then we repeat it until I am up.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:04:09 pm by bear60 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2007, 05:13:28 pm »
Bear,

I do that to Fred, but as soon as I fall back asleep, he starts tickling my nose again with his paw. That's his preferred method of human waking. If I pull the covers over my face, he sits on my head and kneads the blankets. ::)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Robert

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2007, 07:44:55 pm »
Anne.

All of this makes for some interesting reading.  I know somehow everything will end up for the better, but how is certainly an interesting chapter in the Anne Chronicles. 

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2007, 09:35:11 pm »
With you dear Ann... With you..

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2007, 03:40:15 am »
Dear Ann

In relation to your newest blog entry and your on going living/life situation, I have a mantra for the week, it is simply the number 7, per your request. If I can send the power of 7 from my home here on the southeast coast of Australia to you on the Isle of Mann , hey it's the least I can do. Hang in there. I'm sending you warm, cozy vibes for your own place and a better bed. You and your beloved cats will be in your own home, together, soon.

Paul

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2007, 10:00:49 am »
Ann,

I'm thinking of you and sending warm, positive energy your way - no mean feat considering the snow still lingering at my house.

I hope things work out soon.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2007, 10:27:06 am »
Ann

I've been wondering how this saga was unfolding.  I can't begin to imagine how stressfull this is on you.

Frankly, the best advice I can offer is this:

Move into #7 and double dare them to force you out!  That'll teach em to mess with our Ann!

RAB

Edited to correct boo boo
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 10:57:55 am by RAB »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.