Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:31:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773284
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 308
Total: 312

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cabenuva  (Read 11377 times)

Offline Pirata

Cabenuva
« on: April 22, 2022, 01:35:53 pm »
I have wanted to change to this treatment since I heard about it, today I went to my 4 month check out and talked to my doctor, he explained me about the treatment and I was very excited until he told me that one of his patients viral load went up and developed resistance to other treatments. That scared me a lot and I decided to wait another year to see how things progress with this treatment. My doctor told me he couldn’t assured me that I would stay undetectable with this treatment, but he was 100% sure that taking my current treatment will keep me undetectable. Anybody here under Cabenuva ? How your experience has been? Thank you 😊

Offline TGun

• Happy to be alive
Re: Cabenuva
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 09:32:16 pm »
i got a similar reply from im id md,, he said he wanted to wait a bit and see how other patients were responding to this treatment before being comfortable switching his patients to it.. im on Dovato for now.. no issues.   I see the MD in a few weeks and ill report back if any new info gets passed along...I would like to start traveling more often and would like the flexibility to only have to be in the country every 2 months, or even less if they will allow me to inject myself.

Offline Pirata

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 08:55:40 pm »
Great Please let me know

Offline Matths

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 10:12:09 am »
Hi TGun, I am on Dovato as well, UD and no issues. Have been thinking about switching to Cabenuva but ultimately decided against it. Dolutegravir seems more potent than Cabotegravir, and lamivudine superior to rilpivirine. And I have no issues with compliance. Therefore, decided to stay on Dovato. Curious to learn what you will ultimately decide. Best Matt

Offline SFlSurvive

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 11:54:47 pm »
Going to get my 1st shot tomorrow. Kind of nervous but excited to not have to worry about pills everyday!
God got me through!

Offline TGun

• Happy to be alive
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 09:47:49 am »
pleas report back about your experiences and after your lab draws... a lot of us a really excited about this and are dyeing to know how it goes for you.

Offline SFlSurvive

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 02:49:22 pm »
I definitely will. I have been debating to start since last year. I received 2 shots in the upper butt. The first one stung a bit but didn't feel the 2nd one. I have been a bit sore in the one cheek since last night. Besides that i feel pretty fine. I have to go back in 30 days to take the next set of shots. Then as long as my labs are fine. After that I will go back every 60 days for the next shots. Will update you.
God got me through!

Offline SFlSurvive

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2022, 09:31:48 pm »
Got my 1st labs back since starting cabenuva and still ud. Didnt have much side effects except a sore butt with the 1st shot. The 2nd shot was not bad at all!
God got me through!

Offline Pirata

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2022, 12:14:16 pm »
Great to hear you are doing great man. I think I’m going to start injections next year

Offline SFlSurvive

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 02:33:56 am »
Thanks Pirata. I appreciate that. I will never go back to the pills if i dont have to! Good luck. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
God got me through!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.