Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 166
Total: 167

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Totally Dead Lovelife  (Read 27593 times)

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Re: Totally Dead Lovelife
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 10:03:27 pm »
"Tricked"...
No the person who "infected" me was my boyfriend he didn't know he had HIV. I still talk to him (though it has it's limits it's like somthing is between us..hummm wonder what that is?) I was with him for a year..
.. He just made a "bad" chose  and slept with the wrong person (just like I did)
The person who gave my x boyfriend was a "slut". If you don't want to be called something then don't do it!
You may want to take your own advice. We all have our own definitions of what a slut is and a slut to you, may be a lucky man to me. My point being, if you insist on always judging others, then don't complain when you are judged. Being bitter and mean can only drain your being and none of us, is in any position to be judging others.

I also find your "social experiment" to be both distasteful and repugnant. Since you enjoy mind games, please do not come here and complain, when others do the same to you. Having HIV is hard enough, without thinking that there are people like you, who actually enjoy pulling other peoples emotional chains. You have an awful lot of growing up to do, as you lack both empathy and maturity.

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 10:20:59 pm »
I dunno what 80's you are talking about I'm talking 85-89.

What 80s are you folks talking about? 1780s? 1680s? Hell, I grew up in bum fuck Michigan and we had two queer bars to choose from. I'm sure there had to be better to choose from in the big cities.  :-\

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2010, 12:05:16 am »
They'd just counter that you don't have the balls to list poz in your profile, so I guess that score is even no?

What about those who don't read the profile, then respond as he indicated after you mention it?
09/01/2009-neg
mid april, 2010, "flu like illness".
06/01/2010-weakly reactive ELISA, indeterminant WB
06/06/2010-reactive ELISA, confirmed positive.

DATE       CD4     %     VL
07/15/10  423     33    88k
08/28/10  489     19    189k
09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA
09/15/10  420     38    1400
11/21/10  517     25    51

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2010, 08:27:12 am »
What about those who don't read the profile, then respond as he indicated after you mention it?

The mere fact that they don't take a few seconds to read shows you how clever (or interested in what you have to say) they are.  Not the best dating material.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline thankyoulilmijo

• I've accepted the things I cannot change... :-)
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2010, 07:39:33 pm »
This is comical (not the situation the replies) Look, This is what I do after coming to slight terms and setting standards/boundaries for me and my actions. 

If I meet someone more power to me! I walk in, grab a drink, and talk instantly....  grab they're number and go back home safely..

I meet the person for a second time and I say hey this is me and you have two choices you can bounce-there's the door, or stay...  I've never been rejected for it..  I know the fear is there and I cannot wait for the ignorance to hit me though because I LOVE educating uneducated people...

Hope this helps some? Stay strong!

Offline elf

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2010, 08:50:27 pm »
My lovel life has been dead for 2 years now (since my diagnosis), but it's life...
Maybe in some other life it will be better.  :-\

Offline onemoretime

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2010, 07:15:04 pm »
Yea this is a hard one.   I hate that blow off u get but io remember when i was neg..  back in the early 90;s i would sleep with a few poz guys cuase I wasnt stupid.  I knew how to be save back then.   but i was sure scared.    so i understnad how they are scared and igniorant.   but we know the thuth is they are just a like away from a bb encounter with a suposid neggie
08/04 diag 490 cd4 vl 50,000
10/25/05 436 50,513 hvb 1.1 billion
12/13/05 truvada sustiva
02/16/06 742 und, hpb 63,000
04/27/06 740 und hpb 60,000
01/05/07 458 und hvb und
03/08   470 undetectable still on atripla. Non smoking (chantex)
08/08 cd4 550 undetectable hiv, Hep B UND. Atripla
06/09  cd4 444, vl undetectable testo 130
09/09/09 CD4 687 46% UND  Testo 213 started androgel
10/12/09 cd4 682 46% und testo 597
01/12/10 cd4 842 48% und testo 434
041010 cd4 693  53% testo 492
100410 cd4 568 48% testo 523
012711 cd4 523 hcv 56 testo 596
083011 cd4 280 Hcv/HIV und
042912 cd4 158 hcv /hiv und, was on hep c for 11 months. do have ssdi filed and getting LTD
061912 cd4 151, bactrum, hep c and hiv und
071712 cd4 287 52% HIV HCV und
112012 cd4 520

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2010, 01:47:53 am »
I have had several relationships since testing positive in 1993. A year or two with a positive person, five with a negative person, now three with a negative person despite having dated both pos and neg.

Thing is, you wind up where you wind up. Is it difficult? Sure. Are there negotiations? Yes. Do you have to educate people? Absolutely. But you will meet that cool person, positive or negative, who understands AND ACCEPTS the risks involved. I have found it numerous times.

And if I were to be single again, I would, no doubt, find it again.

Give up because it isn't easy? Please

Give up because most people are ignorant or scared? I am not looking for most people. I am looking for one of the few cool people who walk the earth. Thanks to the Goddess that I have a built-in BS detector, a virus that eliminates Most (not all) of the flakes, the idiots, and the Borg Drones that would suffocate my life, steal my rent, or give me crabs.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2010, 01:59:23 am »
Do you have to educate people? Absolutely. But you will meet that cool person, positive or negative, who understands AND ACCEPTS the risks involved. I have found it numerous times.

So very true.  I've spent a lot of time educating directly after disclosure.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2010, 02:06:36 am »
So very true.  I've spent a lot of time educating directly after disclosure.

Yeah, and it is exhausting sometimes. And there have been weeks, months, years when I have not wanted to bother. But when someone is worth it, it's worth the conversations. Especially if you know your shit regarding HIV. And like it or not, us Pozzies are ambassadors. It is so important to know your transmission science, your own health status, and stuff like that.

None of us wanted to be smart. We all wanted to be pretty :)

But we can be both!

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2010, 02:08:59 am »
It essentially all comes down to 2 questions.

Will I catch HIV from you?

and

How is your health?

The rest kind of crops up in relation to those two questions, but people usually want those answers pretty quickly.  Trust that telling someone I have AIDS and am a long long way from having what medical science would deem a functioning immune system is hard to do.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2010, 02:13:04 am »
It essentially all comes down to 2 questions.

Will I catch HIV from you?

and

How is your health?

The rest kind of crops up in relation to those two questions, but people usually want those answers pretty quickly.  Trust that telling someone I have AIDS and am a long long way from having what medical science would deem a functioning immune system is hard to do.

Agreed. It is so much easier for the newly diagnosed on THAT issue. Those of us with AIDS, or Long Term Survivors, well, it's exhausting. Important, maybe. But Dayum.

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.