HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Potential HIV risk

(1/6) > >>

Toronto:
Please can I ask for help assessing my risk, I’m anxious about potential exposure to HIV. I had sex with 2 women, one after the other I was drunk at the time so even though I feel like I remember what’s happened I’m still anxious and keep replaying the scene of events in my head. Whilst having sex being drunk it became hard to stay erect so at some points I would become a little flaccid, I still tried to penetrate with the condom on whilst a little flaccid before then changing the condom to a new one and starting again. This happened 3 times in total. There is also I chance that the condom wasn’t rolled all the way to the base of the shaft when I was penetrating maybe half way along the shaft, above the head, but my urethra was always covered. I did not ever penetrate without having a condom on, and the condom did not fail. However, being extremely anxious I went to get PEP as I didn’t know their status. I started PEP maybe 50-52 hours after exposure. I would like to know was I at risk of transmission to begin with?

leatherman:
you used condoms, even if badly, for penetrative sex and that was not a risk for HIV. You didn't need PEP. However, you should be screened for other STIs to ensure you didn't get one of the easier-to-transmit STIs.

Have a great day,
Michael

Reducing Your HIV risks:
With no exceptions, use condoms correctly and consistently for anal or vaginal intercourse
Talk to a healthcare provider about PrEP as another layer of protection

Get tested yearly for HIV and other STIs.
If you don’t use condoms and/or PrEP, test more frequently

Some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other more easily acquired STIs. It is possible to show no signs or symptoms from an STI so testing is the only way to know.

Get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

What’s the ONLY way to know if you’ve been infected by HIV or an STI?
Get tested.

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.

Toronto:
Thank you Michael for getting back to me on this, and thank you to your team for providing this service.

Toronto:
Hi,

Apologies but i’m back again. I currently have some symptoms after having finished PEP going on 2 weeks, and now I’m thinking maybe the condom broke without me knowing and maybe PEP hasn’t worked. Is this irrational?

Jim Allen:

--- Quote ---Is this irrational?
--- End quote ---

Yes.

Hope you feel better soon. Move on with your life, use condoms for any intercourse and as you are sexually active get an STI & HIV screening yearly out of standard routine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version