HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Risk of HIV when partner is in acute phase

(1/5) > >>

timmytrains:
I heard viral load is high when partner is in acute stage and transmission is more likely inclusion more virus in saliva.I gave unprotected oral sex to a girl I believe was in acute phase and received unprotected oral sex. I also received a hand job and she had an open fresh cut on base of palm of had  that was bandaged but I saw seeping blood .I believe she self harmed. Possible sores in her mouth due to bulimia . Also rubbed penis on her vagina but no penetration .What is HIV risk please.About a week later I believe she seroconverteted .

Jeff G:
The theoretical risk for oral transmission of HIV comes into play from GIVING BLOWJOBS to man who has a high viral load while you suffer significant wounds in your mouth and even then its rare and most times has involved other risk factors. You cant get HIV from getting a blow job or cunnilingus no matter what the viral load.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you did not have a risk and do not need to test for this specific incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

timmytrains:
Also she inserted her finger into my bum for prostate massage and I noticed cut on her finger what if it was actively bleeding,is this a risk for HIV?

Wade:
Hi , What you have described is still a no risk situation.
Wade

timmytrains:
I used a water based "fleshlight" lubricant on some anal beads up my bottom ,its meant for use with vaginal simulator but I used it in my anus as I thought all lubricants would be ok, on reading container it said if seal broken do not use.I cant remember if it was or not ,why would they say this,could I have HIV Risk and is it ok to use in anus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version