Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:34:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 479
Total: 483

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: In Memory of Kirk Philpot- 1949 - 2009  (Read 17090 times)

Offline netta

In Memory of Kirk Philpot- 1949 - 2009
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:38:46 pm »
For my brother Kirk Philpot.
I lost my only brother Kirk last week. He did not  want a funeral or memorial service.  My brother was a loving kind man, who was well educated. Kirk was very handsome and a sharp dresser. my brother told me he was gay when I was 16.I was always very proud of him. I am now 51 and also hiv+.My brother had hep c and hiv,  through years of drug and alcohol abuse. My brother graduated with his masters degree, despite all of this.He worked hard and played hard. he lived life to the fullest.He lived a good long life. Kirk is survived by his mate of 40 years, Bernie.
Forever in my heart.
If any friends would like to respond please feel free.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:43:55 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline bear60

Re: In Memory of Kirk Philpot- 1949 - 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:09:17 pm »
I did not know your brother but I feel as if I had.  His story is like so many of the poeple whio die from "complications"  of HIV/AIDS.
A dear friend of mine has the same problems your brother had....with the Hepatitis C complications.
If you feel that you need to have a memorial service of some kind for YOUR sake, so that you will heal, I would have one.   Its not necessary for a lot of people to be involved....just you. 
His memory will be with you forever.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline netta

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 12:50:03 pm »
Thank you.

Offline Jamilah Ali

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 07:45:13 pm »
Hello am sooo sorry to learn that Kirk has passed. I knew him when I worked in Meriden , and he was one of the most interesting and charming people I have ever known. I lost track when I moved to Western MA, and feel terrible I wasn't there for Bernie--his wonderful partner...when he passed. If you are in touch w/ Bernie, please let him know I want to give belated condolances, and to you as well--your brother was a very special person, and he will always be in my heart!

Thanks for posting. I found this post on google!

Offline netta

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:48:55 pm »
Ahhh Thank You so much, It is hard for me to talk to my brother in law Bernie, I don't wantto hear the sadness in his voice, he was having a hard time but I guess he is better, My mom keeps in touch with him often. :-*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.