Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:52:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773290
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 697
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 292
Total: 293

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tested posiitive two months ago and having stomach problems  (Read 5535 times)

Offline papichasing

Tested posiitive two months ago and having stomach problems
« on: February 16, 2010, 08:15:32 am »
Hello! My name is Hector and I just tested positive a couple of months ago. I am 47 yo and of course my life has changed in many ways since I found out that I am positive but  I'm also a person with a very positive attitude so I am doing my best to deal with the situation without dragging myself to a depression. These last two months has been maybe the busiest time in my life. But thanks God I found a good doctor with an EXCELLENT staff and I have a couple of friends that has been there for me 24/7 for anything I need. And I have the most amazing family that you can imagine so rejection is not a problem in my life. Hopefully I will know what kind of medication I will be taking, if any, in the next two weeks. So I promise I will keep you informed. The reason I am posting this message is because I am having problems with my stomach and I am wondering if any of you has the same problem and tell me what are you doing about it. So far, besides an occasional fever, this is the only problem that I have. I have stomach discomfort and pains all the time and its driving me crazy. I have tried a few over the counter commercial medications but nothing helps me. If any of you is dealing with the same problem and can tell me what to do I will be forever grateful. In the meantime all I can tell you guys is that life is so beautiful that we need to enjoy every minute. I hope to make a few friends here and share any information we can exchange. Thanks for your help and I am glad I found this place in the Internet. God bless you all!

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Re: Tested posiitive two months ago and having stomach problems
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:43:45 am »
Hi, welcome to the forums. I'm also 47 and found out in August 2008, so I can relate.

As far as the digestive issues, it could be so many things, maybe HIV related or maybe not but there are two very basic things that I think everyone should do when it comes to GI issues:

1) Make sure you take probiotics. You can find it in products such as Activia or also in pill form, Vitamin Shoppe has a very good one called "Ultimate 10 Probiotics"

2) Make sure you are getting enough fiber in your diet, either by eating high fiber foods or a high fiber cereal (Fiber One, etc), or supplements such as Konsyl or other ones that don't have added sugar. With fiber you also need a certain amount of water. Fiber should be started with a smaller amount and gradually increased, too much at one time if your body is not used to it can cause gas.

I'm not saying this will be the answer to your problems since it's impossible to diagnose something online and I'm not a doctor but these two things are basic and important when trying to achieve optimal digestive health.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 10:53:34 am »
Hi Hector
Sorry you had to hear this news. Sounds like you are in a good place. Things will go well.

As for the stomach, in my opinion its difficult for us online as to if it has anything to do with HIV, since we don't know how long you have had HIV.  Do you know?  Do you know your "numbers"? 

Things are different depending on if you are in acute infection now, or if you have been positive and stable for awhile, or if you are in a difficult situation and might need HAART soon. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline buffaloboy

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 07:31:40 pm »
1) Make sure you take probiotics. You can find it in products such as Activia or also in pill form, Vitamin Shoppe has a very good one called "Ultimate 10 Probiotics"

For anyone thinking of taking probiotics, forget the ones you find in food as they will simply be destroyed by your stomach acid and have no beneficial effect whatsoever. Pills are far better as long as they are enteric coated, as this means the bacteria will survive into your small intestine.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.