Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 06:15:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 719511
  • Total Topics: 58270
  • Online Today: 289
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 253
Total: 255

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Oh and you are banned as I see Andy has explained this to you already and you are just trolling.

Move on with your life !
Oral could mean anything and if someone or some group can't even be bothered to be specific what act they mean or are referring to it's not worth listing to, that is my take on it. 

Getting oral has no risk, no cases recorded and for good reason it does not meet the requirements, the only oral with low risk is giving a BJ, but even that we know the mouth lacks the cells to infect and saliva is a barrier, hence no need to panic but test yearly as routine if you have been giving people BJ's.

Reading peoples personal "i just tested positive stories" will just drive you nuts.
Science has moved on and anecdotal stories are just stories, not facts.
Also we don't comment on them and we are not here for a Philosophical debate.

Now there are a number of reasons why someone might not tell the full story, or the how as a newly diagnosed person, being newly diagnosed is often emotional and unnecessary scary time for people.

The truth could mean admitting to something they are not ready or willing to admit/face up to out of unnecessary shame or other reasons such as fear of prosecution, or rejection and the stigma that may come with the truth. Often people also poorly understand the real risks or are not "out" regarding a certain activity and had additional risky behaviour before re-testing. Also people often mistakenly think someone they trust was not a risk and discount the exposure when it was the source.

We have even had people here believe HIV comes from out of space so don't fall into the trap of reading anecdotal stories and taking them as fact as its not. They are stories nothing more nothing less and they mean nothing to you.

Stop reading the "I just tested POZ" sections and move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
Am I Infected? / Re: 99% sure I have HIV
« Last post by JimDublin on Today at 05:47:20 AM »
Hi

We don't discuss symptoms here, i will say nothing you mentioned so far is HIV related or specific.

Look simply test for HIV and other easier to transmit STI's whilst you are at it. Going forward use condoms that includes your BF as his test simply means he did not have HIV 3 months ago so it does not reflect his current status.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Am I Infected? / Philosophical question about infection and oral sex
« Last post by blackg0ku on Today at 02:21:35 AM »
Hi all. First of all, thank you for this space and the service you provide to the community.
I have been reading the "just tested poz" forum, and I've found a few people that are certain they didn't perform any risky activity, but nevertheless became infected.
I remember now a particular scenario where this individual had protected anal intercourse (being the receptive partner) and unprotected oral, and was trying to sort out how did he get the infection.
I remember also one of the moderators saying that there are no safe sexual practices, just safer.
All of this makes me wonder if I am comfortable with my current sexual behavior, because like the mentioned case, I'm having protected anal but unprotected oral, since I have read here many times that oral sex is not an effective way of transmitting the virus.
Despite this, there seem to be cases of infection and I would not really like to miss any point on the subject, nor find any unpleasant surprise on my following tests.
My questions are: how could the mentioned cases of infection with protection happened? Should I use condoms also for oral sex?
It is worth mentioning that here in Argentina, public campaigns and most professionals describe oral sex as a risk activity (low risk involved, they say, but risk anyway),
Thank you very much for your time.
Am I Infected? / James87
« Last post by James87 on Today at 02:13:01 AM »
One month ago, I had sex with a woman. We used a condom and it come off. I continued to have sex and quickly cleaned my penis. Over the next two weeks, I cleaned with hand sanitizer twice over three days. I felt my knee collapse the same day. Got tested at 9 days and was clean of HIV. However the test for gonnerea and clymedia was never posted. Through this time, I felt pain in my uretha and couldn't walk for a long period of time. On the 24th day, I went to a clinic and before they could take urine samples, injected me with a gonnerea shot and 4 clymedia pills. The shot cured the pain in my groin. But 5 days after, started developing a little tingles In my thigh area. One week later,I went back and all my test results were negative. There was no need for the shot or clymedia pills. It has been 10 days of aches, and tingling hot sensations through out my body. No other symptoms. Lost my appetite for a day,but have it back now. Had shooting hot sensation down my legs last night and a numb forearm and joint today. Very concerned and scared.also have muscle contractions as well
Am I Infected? / Re: 99% sure I have HIV
« Last post by worriedgirl96 on Today at 12:58:36 AM »
I forgot to mention that I got pinkeye in June and it lasted a few weeks and my vision got so blurry that I couldn't even see 5 feet in front of me. I went to the eye doctor and he gave me eye drops and then I went for a follow up and he referred me to another eye doctor because it wasn't getting much better but then it did so I didn't go.
Off Topic Forum / something that has changed over time
« Last post by em on Today at 12:53:01 AM »
Just wanted to share an experience about  change

When I was in jr high a long long time ago, one day I started my school day by walking to the bus stop. On this day when I turned a corner on my daily routine walk there was a car wrapped around a tree. the front grill was bent in. the most striking thing. was a hole in the wind shield and blood everywhere. All over the glass  and all over the hood. My guess is they removed the car's occupant either to the morgue or the hospital I never heard which. any way  I ran back home and told my mother what was out there. she called the police and they said they already new about it and the car was going to be removed soon. The other kids from the bus stop  who lived across the street their mother had made some jokes about how squeamish I was and how I needed to grow up. She said other things I thought were unnecessary and gave herself quite the chuckle over it. Something along the lines of little wimpy sissy  fag boy got scared and ran home I recall was what this adult had  said or something like that. I was about ten or so ? ( respect your elders )

that was then a long time ago

fast forward a hole bunch of years.

I am woken up by a crash sound. I get up and look out my window and  there is a car wrapped around a tree and the airbag is draped over the steering wheel. there is this young guy maybe in his early twenties standing in the center of the road screaming in high pitch sound. This car pulls up and tries to talk to him. He just keeps screaming. the occupant of the other car says I am calling the police and pulls out his cell phone. then drives away  I walk over to the guy standing in the middle of the road and  I yell at him " you are alive " He stops screaming for second and starts to cry and says I want to go home. I ask is there anyone at home? then  he says my mom and dad. He then says they  live about a half mile down the road. I say wait  here I get my shoes and wallet and car keys I drive him home figuring he was going to need to go to the hospital and his parents there by his side would calm  him down and keep him from going back into psychological  shock and make the hospital staff lives easier. I was breaking the law but better to have him with his parents at home then beaten up by the overzealous police for standing in the middle of the road screaming. they probably would have thought he was high on PCP and shot him dead .  The police show up while I was in front of his house. I just say to the police he was in shock I tried to help.  My guess is the car's registration led them to his home. well the trouble you get in trying to do a good deed.  ( NO good deed goes unpunished )  Maybe I should have had him call his parents and taken him to the hospital instead hindsight being twenty twenty and all?

A couple of years later I see him at local store and he says he is studying at college on the west coast and he is in town visiting his parents I think wow what  a difference time makes he survived with minimal psych shock for his accident with a tree. while the guy that hit tree when I was younger well he got a lot worse by the look of the blood everywhere.

two similar occurrences many years apart with very different outcomes.

like people with HIV then  as compared with HIV now  progress changes things over time and hopefully very different outcomes .well I believe soon the difference will be amazing just hold on for the ride  and see the progress we will have the great pleasure to participate and witness. Changes in  HIV and in everything else as well 

just trying to inspire hope   If somethings change for the better maybe other things will follow the same path we are on  so far there has been progress and maybe it will just keep getting better ?

Am I Infected? / 99% sure I have HIV
« Last post by worriedgirl96 on Today at 12:38:50 AM »
I'm a stupid girl who had drunk unprotected oral/vaginal sex with a very promiscuous guy on March 15. He did not ejaculate inside me, the sex lasted about 30 minutes, and it was kinda rough if that matters. My boyfriend and I just broke up and I was upset.. only guy I've ever been with besides him. I realized how stupid I was afterwards and made an appointment to get checked for all STDs on April 4 (20 days after exposure). Tested negative for everything including HIV. Then around April 10 or 11 (3 1/2 weeks after exposure) I got sick. 102 degree fever, sore throat, night sweats, cough, fatigue, loss of appetite, swollen lymph nodes, sore body, constipation, and congestion. Lasted a week or so, but the cough lasted longer. I had no idea this could be HIV at the time, I thought it was a cold (not the flu because I got a flu shot in the fall) because my daughter was sick around the same time as me (congestion, cough, don't know if she had a sore throat but she did not have a fever) and my sister had 105 degree fever but no sore throat a week or 2 after me. I got back with my boyfriend and we had unprotected sex while I was sick and many more times over the past few months, including on my period. I got what I thought were yeast infections a couple times in the past few months (painful urination, itching, pain during sex) but the symptoms went away on their own both times. I've also gotten a lot of canker sores the past few months but I've gotten those my whole life, and maybe I'm imagining it but my tongue looks whiter than usual and it definitely has teeth imprints and swollen taste buds on it. Anyways, I heard the promiscuous guy tested positive for HIV from a mutual friend the other day. I texted him and he claimed he didn't have it and the last time he was tested was in June and it was negative. But he lies a lot so I don't know. I told my boyfriend about it and he took the at home OraQuick test and it was negative (thank God) but apparently it's harder for a girl to give a guy HIV than the other way around. I've made 5 appointments to get tested but I keep canceling them because I'm scared :( please help.
Estoy infectado? / Re: dudas
« Last post by joceal20 on Today at 12:23:36 AM »
andy disculpe tuve relaciones coito vaginal con una persona sero positiva usando un condon del ministerio de salud este no se rompio pero se corrio un poco cuando mi pene se puso flacido , estoy en riesgo es necesario que me haga una prueba ? mi miedo llega porque estos condones no son de optima calidad  le agradesco la informacion , tengo dos ganglios inflamados a los costados del cuelloya por un tiempo eso me asusta un poco
Am I Infected? / Re: What are the chances?
« Last post by Ptrk3 on Today at 12:02:15 AM »
No, there is no chance whatsoever of your having been at risk for contraction of the HIV in the manner you describe in your post.  The HIV is fragile and does not survive outside the body.

Access this link to learn and read about how the HIV is transmitted/contracted:

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-transmission-risks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2017 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.