Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 415
Total: 418

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: So I Call It "Icky"  (Read 7343 times)

Offline Sdgirl

So I Call It "Icky"
« on: July 15, 2006, 12:27:34 pm »
So I call it “Icky”.  This is not an actual feeling, but a person.  His name is Rodney and is my ex.  You know the one who almost died, but didn’t………..damn him for not dying.

Let me define “Icky”

Icky = Lying, cheating, non-appreciative, selfish, pathological, nasty, skeletal, asshole.

I got the “Icky” feeling while driving home from work today.  I just knew he was here in San Diego.  He has to come down once a month for meds from Mississippi where he is freeloading off of his family that he has not seen or talked to in 20 years.  But hey, when you are desperate, you take advantage of anyone you can.

Of course I was right, he is here in town and will be here until next Friday, staying with one of the women he cheated on me with who also said when I called to tell her to get tested “Well, if I have it and so does he, we can be together!”  Oh yeah……….she is a winner alright!

The problem I have is that just knowing he is here throws me off balance.  The mere thought of the possibility of running into “Icky” would send me over the edge.  And the possibility is strong…..you see, he and I have not spoken in 3 months and he has attempted to contact me on several occasions to no avail.

The love I had for him is gone.  I don’t even feel human compassion for him any longer.  For someone who literally cheated death, he is unaffected.  Unaffected by his experience and unaffected by having AIDS. 

He has a 12 year old son who is going through a terrible time with school and life in general.  He has no idea why the father he once knew looks so different, acts so different and why I am no longer part of his father’s life.  His son’s mother and I are close and she finally gave Icky an ultimatum that he MUST tell his son what is going on.  Icky, being the selfish bastard that he is, doesn’t see the “need” to do so. 

I realize that hate is a very strong word, but I do HATE HIM.  Not for giving me HIV, but for his actions before and afterwards.  The world would be a much better place without him in it, harsh thing to say I know.  Unfortunately, only the good die young.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline bear60

Re: So I Call It "Icky"
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 12:40:35 pm »
Dear Sdgirl
You sound like a person who needs to:   DETACH
..................................................................................
I have been through stuff like this and if you can learn to detach....to envision  letting those apron strings, or chains or whatever you call them....detach from you and fall to the ground.....then you are free
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 12:44:34 pm »
Wow, remind me never to piss you off, Sdgirl.

"This too shall pass"
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline water duck

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 01:00:26 pm »
..damn him for not dying.

if the is so much 'hate' it is your problem, you let it be there and grow; careful it may become so 'BIG'  it will 'EAT' you alive.

.she is a winner alright!

Wrong !! she is a willing victim.

The problem I have is that just knowing he is here throws me off balance.  The mere thought of the possibility of running into “Icky” would send me over the edge.  And the possibility is strong…..you see, he and I have not spoken in 3 months and he has attempted to contact me on several occasions to no avail.

You had managed to keep him out physically but not mentally, do you know you have a strong mental, why not look into it for strength to overcome this that is poisoning your life, otherwise, seek therapeutic help.

The love I had for him is gone.  I don’t even feel human compassion for him any longer.  For someone who literally cheated death, he is unaffected.  Unaffected by his experience and unaffected by having AIDS. 

The love is gone ... who are you cheating, hate is a form of love.  

I realize that hate is a very strong word, but I do HATE HIM.  Not for giving me HIV, but for his actions before and afterwards.  The world would be a much better place without him in it, harsh thing to say I know.  Unfortunately, only the good die young.

If you don't hate , how come the word came up  ??? There are men that had caused the death of millions of people : the latest book on the life of Chairman Mao can freeze your bones, well , there are many others unfortunately.

NO NO  the good don't die young, they do when they let evil get the better part of them !!
Why not let the old Sdgirl die and let the new Positive(poz) Sdgirl live and blossom !!

Be well, my dear, if you live in yesterday, you prevent the sun of tomorrow from coming out.  :-* :-*

Siang

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 01:09:28 pm »
"Only the good die young." Which probably explains why bishops live such long lives.  ::)
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 01:25:43 pm »
Sdgirl,

I can relate so well with you..only with me its my ex and the way hes treated MY (our) kids. We live in the same city and thank heavens I havent seen him for over 4 yrs.

Im afraid if I do see him...I will wind up in jail.

Theres no emotion stronger than hate for someone you onced loved.

I hope that you never have to lay eyes on him again!

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 01:31:25 pm »
"Icky" sounds like an extremely ICKY human in general.
Take care SDGirl and I hope you don't have to have any contact with "Icky"

Peace,
Kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 06:52:03 pm »
Well Ms Thing...You've given Icky a whole new meaning for me....and here I thought it was just a
icky feeling.  Take a deep breath sweetheart.  No man is worth giving up your peace of mind.  Just remember Karma is a bitch some times....it comes back to bite you in the ass :P :P :P

Be well my sweets......... :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 07:19:10 pm »
if you run into him, don't get into it with him. he'd love that. just smile and say maybe 2 or 3 meaningless words that give the message "I truly don't give one rat's rear about you and your insanity. I've moved on from losers. PEACE OUT!"  8) (he'll be so mad tee-hee)

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 09:49:57 pm »
You know what All.................that is a good suggestion, although I will probably use much more expletives then you stated!   8)
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline Basquo

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 09:57:54 pm »
As a Libra who would rather lie than confront (sorry guys, just don't do anything wrong and you'll be good) I'd like to know if you have anywhere you could stay for a day or two just to make sure you don't run into him? At any rate, it'd give you more time to plan your replies ( no speeches) in case you run into him at some point.

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 10:02:14 pm »
Basquo,

I WILL NOT rearrange my life for him for one more milli-second.  He has already invoked life altering changes in my world and I will not give him the power..............and I especially will not leave my own home....but I get what you are saying....

Offline Basquo

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 10:10:33 pm »
I admire your conviction.  I guess I could use a little of that myself.  Would you answer the door if you knew he was knocking? I'm the guy that doesn't even want to see the red light blinking if I think someone has tried to call.  I wouldn't go to the store down the road if I thought I might see him there. But that's just me. It sucks but that's how I'm wired, not very flexible it seems. I'm sure you now what you're doing.  I may call you if that damn light starts blinking again! (though it hasn't since my acquittal... ;)

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 05:30:12 am »
Why not just take back your life?

I can't imagine giving another human being this much power over me, especially if he's the butthead you say he is. Resentment kills.

I'm with Bear ... detach. And the best way to get beyond this is to forgive - not for him but for you!
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 08:22:01 am »
Hey SD girl,

I once had an affair with a guy and when it went wrong he was so angry. I realised that he hoped that being angry made it easier for him to detach. But being angry, hating, is a big emotion, so you are still dealing with big emotions in your life. So he still has a big place in your mind. Time to fill that space up with people that really matter. People you love. People that love you. When there is no empty space there anymore he doesn't fit in anymore. Then he will lose his power over you.

Hug

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline water duck

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 09:12:35 am »
Thank you Coen for sharing such wisdom.

Siang

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 11:02:59 am »

SD... just make sure you're in your CAR when you run into him.  THAT may help out in several areas!!!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline luvmyboys

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 06:41:06 pm »
I feel you need to do what makes you comfortable and happy.  If blocking him out of your life is good for you then I think that is what you should do.  We all have our thoughts and ideals on how to deal with stuff but only you can deal with it the way that makes YOU happy. 
7/10/06 CD4 427, % 17, VL 20,600
5/30/06 CD4 428, % 17, VL 21,700

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.