Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 09, 2022, 07:53:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 36596
  • Latest: Cardnut
Stats
  • Total Posts: 765481
  • Total Topics: 65255
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 105
Total: 107

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lab results today  (Read 5604 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Lab results today
« on: October 28, 2008, 07:09:20 pm »
Had my meeting with doctor today over my last blood draw.  T-cells at 335, VL undetectable and all is normal for me but, I had some extra tests done because of the Osteopenia and found Testosterone and Vitamin D is on the low, but acceptable side.

I drink milk and drive a convertible and thought that would be enough Vitamin D for an old fart like me but, doctor wants me to start taking Vitamin D, and has offered Testosterone shots.  The front office staff said they miss me and I should come in more often but if I come in the Nurse is going to poke me with another needle.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Desertguy

Re: Lab results today
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:42:03 pm »
Great #'s

Do you really live in Russian River area????

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 07:51:40 pm »
Great #'s

Do you really live in Russian River area????

Yes, I live in Forestville (4 years) and can cross the road to the river  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline dixieman

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 07:55:20 pm »
The numbers sound promising... nothings wrong with the t-shots... I've been getting these shots since 1996... but, its a hassle going every 2 weeks to get them... have you've tried the patches? some people have good results with these.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 08:11:35 pm »
The numbers sound promising... nothings wrong with the t-shots... I've been getting these shots since 1996... but, its a hassle going every 2 weeks to get them... have you've tried the patches? some people have good results with these.

The clinic is 40 miles RT so my Doc is finding out if Medicare will pay for the patches.  Having quit cigarettes in May and started smoking again after 5 months, I have also asked for the smoking patch.  I could put one patch on my face and the other on my ass so they would be interchangeable (I was hoping to be able to use that line again)   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline dixieman

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 08:21:21 pm »
A friend of mine use to place the patch under his junk(personals) and his quit smoking patch either on his upper chest and or upper arm...it worked for him... but, it was a slow process...

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 08:23:18 pm »
Where is the Russian River area?  :o
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 08:34:38 pm »
Congrats on your t's and viral load, Michael.  Good luck with the other problems. :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Longislander

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 08:41:35 pm »
Congrats on the #'s Michael. And maybe once you have your drivers license back, you'll get more sun.....
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 08:50:42 pm »
Where is the Russian River area?  :o

Hey Juan,

About an hours drive North of San Francisco and about 20 minutes to the Pacific Ocean.  Our weather is very similar to yours in Madrid   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 08:56:09 pm »
Congrats on the #'s Michael. And maybe once you have your drivers license back, you'll get more sun.....

Hey Paul,

I haven't really stopped driving.  It takes 2 hours (20 miles) on public transit to get to Santa Rosa where I have my medical things and shopping done.  I have never been on the bus  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 09:29:26 pm »
Go buy a huge dildo and a tub of Crisco.  Those testosterone shots will be very demanding.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline MYSTERY

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 09:41:47 pm »
Go buy a huge dildo and a tub of Crisco.  Those testosterone shots will be very demanding.

lol  :D
Atheist don't believe in GOD, but GOD believes in them and loves them. Never let the failure of man conflict with your love of GOD.

Offline Texan38

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 10:30:49 pm »
Congrats on the great numbers!

About an hours drive North of San Francisco and about 20 minutes to the Pacific Ocean. 
Wow, talk about the best of both worlds! Sounds like a wonderful place to live!
I'm sooo jealous;D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:42:35 pm by Texan38 »
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 12:27:21 am »
Congrats on the great numbers!
Wow, talk about the best of both worlds! Sounds like a wonderful place to live!
I'm sooo jealous;D

Hey Mark,

It is off-season on the river so everything is on the slow side until Spring, but I have been dating someone who lives in SF.  I have the most happy perfect life I could ever imagine and...

No Phylatio, I'm not getting a dildo w/ Crisco  ;D, even though it does sound like a workable solution.  If enough voters vote No on 8, I would like to have fantasy about rings.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Robert

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 02:16:18 am »

.... Having quit cigarettes in May and started smoking again after 5 months, I have also asked for the smoking patch.  I could put one patch on my face and the other on my ass so they would be interchangeable (I was hoping to be able to use that line again)   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

So sorry to hear this.  Is it the upcoming elections that has you on pins and needles?  Uncertainty about your numbers?  Issues with the boy friend?   Whatever it is MIchael, get a grip man!!!  Next time you want a smoke just think of what our friend Nancy woulld say.

robt

Offline bear60

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 08:34:42 am »
Hi
I just wanted to pop in to say hi and give you encouragement to stop smoking.  I have just hit the 2 year mark. I still miss it but do not go to bars anymore and ........the city banned smoking in bars anyway.
I resort to Ativan to keep me on an even keel instead of nicotine.
So, whats the best gay motel in the Russian River...in Guernville......these days?. Didnt some get wiped out in the floods?
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Iggy

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 10:00:49 am »
I apologize for not knowing your number's history (Iggy awaits a joke) but the undetectable VL,and CD4's seem like a good deal.

Echoing Joel's encouragement that you stop smoking though.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 04:11:10 pm »
So sorry to hear this.  Is it the upcoming elections that has you on pins and needles?  Uncertainty about your numbers?  Issues with the boy friend?   Whatever it is MIchael, get a grip man!!!  Next time you want a smoke just think of what our friend Nancy woulld say.

robt

I remember when Nancy asked if... the Carters to move out of the White House early so she could redecorate?...  NO!  I remember when Nancy said, the Governor's mansion in Sacramento was a fire trap, a new house (called the house with 2 of everything) was built on the Sacramento River and No Governor ever lived there but the security costs were paid by the state of California... NO!  I remember when she said, the children would not live in the White House, NO!

Oh wait... Nancy in "Postcards from the Edge" was gesturing in the hallway, "Just Say NO!, Just Say NO!, Just Say NO!  I get it.  That worked for 5 months but now, I need some help.  Doctor said, I could have Chantix but participation in a class is required and the next class starts in January...  I can have the patch but that is another source of nicotine so, I get the patch first and then the Chantix after the class starts.

Now, about the motels?  "I've never actually been to a motel" (says Michael while batting his eyes)  I open the car door to turn on the lights after having sex.  I was in this "Living with HIV" support group in 1994, a member of our group had been to all the new hotels in Las Vegas on a tour and the group was going ooh and ahh.  I said I had been to all the hotels in Waikiki and the group went, Whore, Whore, Whore  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 07:33:39 pm »
I ahd never heard of that place. I will try to google it...and now that you are answering questions...What do you swallow?
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 07:46:22 pm »
If enough voters vote No on 8, I would like to have fantasy about rings.  ;D 

Now would those rings be in rubber, gold, or leather? ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 10:43:13 pm »
I ahd never heard of that place. I will try to google it...and now that you are answering questions...What do you swallow?

Actually Juan, I swallow more Coca Cola than sorrow but have been known to swallow my own pride.   ;D

One thing you may find interesting about the Russian River is a carved plaque at the supermarket.  The Pomo Indians were the early settlers, they were gathers, hunters and fishermen.  The Redwood trees were so thick and tall, there was rarely any sunlight in the area where the town of Guerneville is now.  They considered this land to be unholy and would not camp here.  Things have not much improved over the past 200 to 300 years, the town of Guerneville would still be considered unholy by right-wing conservatives.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 10:49:44 pm »
Now would those rings be in rubber, gold, or leather? ;D

Actually Dear Ann,

I value "The Lord of the Rings" and of course the "Ring Around The Collar".  A "NO on 8 vote" would insure gay people have the right to marry and a simple gold band will do if there was someone willing to be responsible for my medical and prescription costs.  Did I ever telly you how much I like diamonds?  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Desertguy

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 12:22:52 am »
Michael, besides the great history of the Russian River area*******

Don't forget to tell about the great Wines that come from your area also!!!!!

Dennis

Offline bufguy

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 02:46:31 pm »
Some of my favorite wine comes from the Russian Valley Region.......Lambert Bridge.
5/29/08 confirmed HIV+
6/23/08 Vl 47500  CD4 511/29% CD8 .60
start atripla
8/1/08 Vl 130  CD4 667/31% CD8 .70
9/18/08 Vl un  CD4 not tested
12/19/08 Vl un CD4 723/32% CD8 .80
4/3/09 Vl un CD4 615/36% CD8  .98
8/7/09 vl un CD4 689/35% CD8 .9
12/11/09 vl un CD4 712/38% CD8 .89
4/9/10 vl un CD4 796/39% CD8 1.0
8/20/10 vl un CD4 787/38% CD8 1.0
4/6/10 vl un CD4 865/35% CD8 .9
8/16/10 vl un CD4 924/37% CD8 1.0
12/23/10 vl un CD4 1006/35% CD8 .9
5/2/10 vl un CD4 1040/39% CD8 .9
8/7/13 vl un CD4 840/39% CD8 .
11/29/18 vl un CD4 1080/39% CD8  .86

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2008, 04:46:17 pm »
My personal favorite is the Pinot Noir of the Coastal Appellation.  Any of the "boutique" wineries, such as Navarro Ridge will totally blow your socks off.  Korbel Champagne Cellars is of course one of the big names, been here forever, I was thinking as I drove past their winery yesterday, "Korbel, the best champagne under $3.00.  They are a big employer and a big tourist draw but underneath that cork is pure swill.  Dutton Estates is down the road from my house.  They grow all their own grapes on the ranch and put out a cabernet that is to die for.  The best of the reds come from the North East corner of the Napa Valley, Robert Mondavi has their own micro-climate which lends itself to the finest Merlot available anywhere.

In another life, not far from here in Mendocino County, I had a little advertising agency.  I knew Jimmy Fetzer and his sister Patty.  The 5 Fetzer children were given some land by their father (who worked at the farm supply store in Ukiah), the kids put in their first vineyards.  Their father did not want then to put in grapes but as he said, it is their land and he was not going to argue.  I opened a few bottles of their Hopland Sundial Chardonnay with Jimmy and Patty and I would say things like, "Fetzer wine, vintage yesterday.  That year Ronald Reagan as the first American President to visit China took a case of Fetzer Sundial Chardonnay as a gift.  That very same Hopland Sundial Chardonnay was on the cover of U.S. News as the best chardonnay ever.

My first job after getting out of college was at the Ukiah Daily Journal.  The guy in the desk next to me was named Chick Little.  Chick was doing cold calls to some of the local wineries.  One of his calls was to Peter, last name Wolfe.  I heard him say on the phone, "This is Chick Little calling for Peter Wolfe"  Was the sky falling or was he laughing so hard he had to hang up.

Way back then, there were rumors around town that I might be gay.  My parents were still alive so for their benefit, would deny those rumors and say, I had a woman and we were going out to dinner that night.  That night, I was seen at a table for two at the Palace Bar and Grill with my new woman and client, Thom Parducci.

I shared my house with a "Paul Bunyon" type named Gary, he cut down trees for a living and I was briefly engaged to his sister Carrie.  Carrie has gone to private school with Patty Fetzer.  Patty took Carrie to Jamaica for a little vacation.  While laying on the beach, Patty asked Carrie if she knew me...  Carrie said, we used to be engaged but now he is married to my brother.  I have not seen any of those folks in a hundred years but one afternoon while I was living in L.A., I called the attorney who had done my fathers will because I wanted a copy of that will.  Carrie answered the phone at the firm, she is married to that attorney.  She went to the safety deposit box and found a will with my name on it as a beneficiary and mailed it to me.  Apparently, there is more than 1 Sonomabeach because his father left him $1.00, mine left me $0.00.  Such is life  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2022 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.