Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 377
Total: 377

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: scared and stupid  (Read 10991 times)

Offline stupid_muppet

scared and stupid
« on: June 01, 2006, 02:33:05 pm »
Ok sticking with the original thread name (makes it easier for me lol) Tomorrow is the 6.5 week test and thanks for all your help and encouraging words everyone. You are all angels in my opinion and i will let you all know how it went tomorrow many thanks all

Muppet

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: scared and stupid
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 02:43:33 pm »
Ah Muppet, I was wondering when you'd turn up.

Let us know when you get that negative result we've been telling you about.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 04:41:26 pm »
Ann

You just cant get rid of me im like a bad smell that never goes away  ;)  You will see my post tomorrow night  :D

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 05:28:50 pm »
Ann

You just cant get rid of me im like a bad smell that never goes away  ;)  You will see my post tomorrow night  :D

You know muppet, I'm betting she can.

As for the bad smell, well never was a more accurate word spoken in jest.  ;)

MtD

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 04:13:03 am »
LOl cheers mtd. Ok i go in a few minutes to get my results. Its brown trousers time. Although People on here are optimistic and to be honest so is my doctor as a lot of people know who are waiting to be tested the waiting is the worst part. It also doesnt help that i am impatient aswell  ;D Ok guys thanks for all your support ill speak to you all soon with my result.

Muppet

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 04:49:29 am »
LOl cheers mtd. Ok i go in a few minutes to get my results. Its brown trousers time. Although People on here are optimistic and to be honest so is my doctor as a lot of people know who are waiting to be tested the waiting is the worst part. It also doesnt help that i am impatient aswell  ;D Ok guys thanks for all your support ill speak to you all soon with my result.

Muppet

Muppet,

Like Goderator Ann (Blessings Be Upon Her) told you, you're gonna get a negative result. So settle. You have to understand that many of us HIV+ types await scary blood test results on a monthly basis, so you'll appreciate that we have to giggle when you call this "brown trouser time".

MtD
(Who knows what real fear is)

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 09:27:00 am »
Ok guys i got back from the doctor and i got a negative 6.5 week result. As you all predicted might i add.

After the result i spoke to the doctor and he said that the chances are well in my favour and he cant see the reult changing to a positive. He said that nearlly all people who test positive have done so by now and says really i shouldnt worry because the odds have just gone up well into my favour.

Is that a correct assesment. I mean he is a doctor and so far everything he has said has been correct so really i have no reason to doubt it. Just an opinion and thoughts from you guys is what i am more after now.

He also said the same as you Ann, when out in Asia buy a supply of condoms that i am happy with and take them with me. Condom= no HIV so i will deffinatly do that.

Thank you all for your support and i will be back to let you keep you updated on everything. I am having the next test at 14 weeks because i have to fly out of the country for work around the time of the 12/13 week test but its all looking pretty good.

Again i am indebted to all of you

Muppet

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 09:31:24 am »
Congrats on that happy test result, Muppet.

Yes, it is true that all but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will have done so between 4-6 weeks after a risky incident. The average time to seroconversion is actually 22 days.

So I do expect you will continue to test negative. And keeping a fresh supply of condoms handy is an excellent idea. As the Amex card ad suggests, "Don't leave home without 'em."

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 09:37:17 am »
Muppet,

No surprises there then, eh?

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being a mere 22 days. So yes, your doctor and this forum are in complete agreement. It's highly unlikely that today's result will change. I'd bet my life on you continuing to test negative over this incident.

I'm glad the doc reinforced my suggestion of taking your own condoms with you on holiday. It's a good practice to follow no matter where you're heading off to for some R&R. Make sure your mates pack their own as well so they don't end up using yours up on you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 03:07:30 pm »
Thanks for the words guys. Ok well as i said i will keep you all updated and if anyone is intrested ill give you all a travel report from Asia. I doubt many people will be but hey if i get enough people say yes ill do the travel reports for them. Sorted our hotels out today so we have our iteinery all planned.

I will post the 14 week report as soon as i get it and will continue to read these forums. I have found out a whole lot more about HIV asince reading this and also it is useful for me to help my friend. Although he is looking forward really to the trip saying its come at the right time.

I gave him the details about this forum but i think knowing him he will discuss this matter just with his doctor but he did say he might look at it soon if he has any questions.

Thank you again. Your support was what i needed in this time and know i have more of an indictaion of what to expect at 14 weeks. Also i may have some more questions so i will continue to ask in this thread.

Thank you again guys

Muppet

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 08:07:14 am »
Ive read on the internet that although higly unlikley there is a very tiny risk of getting hiv through a blow job but from reading this forum it says that you cant. This forum also says that saliva is not infectious which i already thought. This isnt for now its more for future reference. Is that the case that getting a blow job is safe. Obviously covering up for anal and vaginal intercourse is a must.

Its a stupid question i know but hey its better to know than not to know lol.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 08:16:32 am »
Yes, you will not contract HIV by receiving a blowjob.

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 03:58:32 pm »
Hi guys.... Im back.....

Im going for my test tomorrow.. Although i cant get my results for a few weeks due to having to fly away on work.. god dam it. I already expect to get a negative and think my last negative was a good result just like you guys have all said.. My friend who has HIV is doing fine... Actually he seems upbeat considering.. I have been reading this forum just not posting reading all your good advices.. Well this test should be conclusive now but do you guys feel that a 6 month test is still warrented in all honesty? Thank you guys for all your help through this and you are all stars

Many thanks for your help

Stupid_Muppet

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 05:42:30 pm »
Muppet,

A test at 12-13 weeks is conclusive and you do not need testing at six months.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 12:57:57 pm »
Hi guys... Its moi again......

Just came back from Asia.... Had to change our trip due to my mates work.... Had a fantastic time and used my own condoms..... So no worries there....

Anyway i got my 12 week neg and i had to have a blood test for another reason and doc said would you like anothe HIV test... So i agreed anyway (I knew it would be fine but thought why not) anyway 5 1/2 months later it still came back negative..... My friend who has HIV is seeing a doctor and seems to be doing fine... Thank you all for your kind words and although i have neglected reading this site for a while due to work and being tired all the time i am now back and reading this to keep updated with what goes on.

All that have helped me have been angels and i cant exppress all the thanks i owe you.... Your support in such a difficult time for myself was apreciated to me and i will always remember that... I have learnt the hard way and the mental anguish was not worth going through....

Thank you all

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 11:10:30 am »
Hi gang.....

It has been a while since i was last on here... But now i have a question.... I know i have more chance of a throat infection than HIV and yes i will get tested again in 2 weeks. That will be about 6 weeks to the day.

Anyway 4 weeks ago i went to a ermmm Brothel.... I was feeling lonely etc etc... So anyway while i was there i did my buisness with a girl.... She gave me a BJ with no condom and then we used a condom for intercourse....

However when i was pulling out the condom came off.... I know the chances of HIV are small as i was protected till i was pulling out but just over 4 weeks later i have a tempreture and a swollen throat ( i think its my tonsils (forgive my spelling)

What do you guys think?         I think the chances are very slim but i will wait for my 6 week test to be sure. Just advice from you guys and opinions will be enough.

Thanks guys

Muppet

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 02:16:41 pm »
You are not going to get infected by loosing your condom on with draw. You do need to learn how to use a condom. See the link at the bottom of any of Ann's posts.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 09:10:24 pm »
You were protected during intercourse pulling out while withdrawing is not a risk.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 01:48:04 pm »
I read the forum rules, so I am using my old thread...

Ok Muppets back because well in all honesty I am retarded.

I have spent a lot of time in Asia, and I met a fantastic girl. Why I did what I did is beyond me. Well she is waiting for me to return, and I know she is being good, doing everything I want so I came back home, got very drunk like a stupid muppet that I am and met a girl, who really I wasn't attracted to at all.

I decided that I would.. Well you know, and being drunk I let her climb on me etc etc etc.

I know I have to get tested and I plan to at the 6 week mark which is in 2 1/2 weeks.

Anyway I have been sweating a lot now for a few days, but I don't have a temperature, it's about normal. My stomach feels funny and I am now getting aches in my legs. These didn't start all at the same time, and I know that if this was acute HIV that they would have. It's the sweating and feeling a little funny that I am most concerned about. However, like sunday i was ok. Saturday night i felt a little weird in the evening. Monday tuesday and wednesday I felt strange, but no-where near enough that I would have to take the day off work.

I know I should know better after my last time going through this, and now I have vowed to give up alcohol. I know the risks are low, but still possible.

This all happened 2 1/2 weeks after initial exposure. I spoke to my friend who has HIV and i explained that the symptoms did not come all at one time and he said:

"I have been researching this and to be honest I really don't think that what you have is HIV. You probably have a virus or something. However you need to get checked just incase."

So i explained about the feeling weird and sweat and I said:

"Isn't that a flu like symptom?"

To which he replied.

"You don't have flu. Usually from my understanding you would have full blown flu. You don't."

However I know I am stupid, and I know that I should have known better. I looked on the internet and couldn't really find anything to match HIV to what i have. So I take some comfort out of that.

Sorry I did forget to mention that the pain is usually in my Knees and legs, But i have 2 very bad knees and I am wondering If the pains could be from that. I don't suffer often with pains in my thighs but my lower leg and ankle I do.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 02:21:02 pm by stupid_muppet »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 01:53:01 pm »
Stu,

Are you saying you had unprotected intercourse? You don't say one way or the other.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 01:56:34 pm »
Yes, unprotected, because I am stupid.... And drunk at the time although that is never an excuse... 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 02:29:58 pm »
Stu,

You know the drill. The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, but a six week negative result must be confirmed at three months.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. The odds are in your favour of testing negative, but the only way to know for sure is to test at the appropriate time.

And forget bringing us a litany of symptoms - they're meaningless and we will not address your symptoms other than to tell you to see your doctor.

I hope you eventually learn to use condoms, before it's too late.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stupid_muppet

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 01:06:28 pm »
I spoke to my doctor today.... I took your advice Ann.

Last night when I got home I was sick, so I spoke to my doctor today and explained everything to him he basically said that he doesn't think that this is HIV. He said if I had symptoms they would come and go at the same time, which I already knew, and that because stuff like knee aches have come later than other stuff and the feeling of sick came after i started sweating a lot, he reckons this is more than likely a stomach bug. He also said that part is probaly guilt for cheating on my girlfriend... This to be honest is hurting me soooo much right now. He said basically that in a couple of weeks, when I go for me 6 week test, he expects that to come back negative. He said he would put his house on it. Well I suppose really I wanted to get that off my cheat and Ann, I have decided to quit drinking. I am not a big drinker, but it does make me not think clearly and do reckless things.

Thank you

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.