Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:23:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 802
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 686
Total: 686

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hello from Peachplumpear  (Read 2973 times)

Offline peachplumpear

• each peach plum pear
    • My Blog
Hello from Peachplumpear
« on: July 11, 2017, 06:54:06 pm »
Hello. I am new to this forum. I have joined to really get information and advice, especially on coping mechanisms and also diet and nutrition. I've been reading a lot of the pages/threads tonight and it has been really helpful. I think I read that you should introduce yourself when you first post. My name is Andy, I am 33. I have been HIV+ for about 8 or 9 years. I was diagnosed 7 years ago. I am from the UK. I have only recently been coming to terms with it, accepting it, and being a little more open. I don't have many friends so I hope to make some new friends. I am on Triumeq.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to say hi. I hope to get used to how these forums work. But lastly I hope you have a good holiday in the Netherlands.
snow will fall, it starts as rain

https://diaryofayoungmanwithhiv.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello from Peachplumpear
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:40:59 pm »
peachplumpear:  I have moved your post  (and re-titled it) to its proper place on these forums.  It did not belong in the Off Topic forum in the thread entitled:  Visiting Leeuwarden - The Netherlands.

Sorry to read of your diagnosis, but glad you are on an antiretroviral regimen and found these forums for continuing enlightenment and support.

We all look forward to your ongoing involvement to these forums and your future contributions to them.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:43:12 pm by Ptrk3 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 08:40:31 pm »
Hi and welcome.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 09:46:29 pm »

ojo        Hello Andy, welcome and you have your first mexican friend in here...what took you so long to join us?.

Well, I always say that the most important thing to deal with hiv is accepting it, then, you will learn how to live with it, because we can not change the fact that we acquired the virus, and fortunally, now, we can treat it succesfully by having discipline in taking your med (one pill a day, I hate you guys, LOL, I take four different pills twice a day), I shouldn't complain, I'm still alive.

Here you will find lots of reliable info and can even make friends, we have some member from the UK...I'm glad you found us, you are not alone anymore...queston, how about your numbers?...have you disclosed to anyone?...ok my friend Andy, please keep us posted and I'm looking forward to know more about you...best of luck and hugs all the way to the UK                                                                              ojo

Offline harleymc

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 05:10:19 am »
Welcome

Offline peachplumpear

• each peach plum pear
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 03:40:30 pm »
Thank you for the welcome everyone. Sorry it's taken me a while to say thanks. It's been busy week and I am looking for work. I am also feeling under the weather.

There is so much I want to say. I was diagnosed about 7 years ago. The treatment is very effective. I know that it is the only effective way, but I would like to research more about nutrition yet I found some shocking statements from people on here who claim to stop taking their medicine in place of certain foods. I have not missed one medicine since I started and have been really meticuolous with the regime. My immediate family and some friends know of my status. My boyfriend also knows obviously, he is HIV- . He is very supportive, we use condoms. I would like to look into him using pRep one day, but condoms are fine and I am happy with them. I don't know my numbers off the top of my head, but I am due my tri monthy check up at the end of this month, so I will let you know what the new updated results will be. I sure hope they are good.

I am sorry if this seems like a rushed reply. I have been meaning to reply all week. I will make more time to get to grips with using this forum. And then when I have, I will be able to use it quickly and know how it all works. I'm not sure if this is even the right way to reply to sorry if this posts some place else!

Thanks again for the welcome. Andy x

snow will fall, it starts as rain

https://diaryofayoungmanwithhiv.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 03:53:04 pm »
Hi Andy,

My boyfriend also knows obviously, he is HIV- . He is very supportive, we use condoms. I would like to look into him using pRep one day, but condoms are fine and I am happy with them. I don't know my numbers off the top of my head, but I am due my tri monthy check up at the end of this month, so I will let you know what the new updated results will be. I sure hope they are good.

Glad to hear you have a supportive partner  :) That said I also saw some sorrow on your blog, I hope things work out. Its often a balance and nobody is perfect

I know that it is the only effective way, but I would like to research more about nutrition yet I found some shocking statements from people on here who claim to stop taking their medicine in place of certain foods.

Yes the only treatment to suppress HIV, is HIV medication. Its that simple.

That is not to say that just like the rest of the population regardless of HIV status a healthy diet is well healthy and quitting the smokes might be a really good idea!! Smoking will kill you and if not make you suffer at some stage in your life.  I added some links to the end of my post on the subjects that may help you.

Now I always feel sorry for the people I see try alternatives and nutrition to treat HIV as I also see when they come back sick some time later, the people i worry most about the ones that i never see again.

I have not missed one medicine since I started and have been really meticuolous with the regime.

Excellent and keep this going, don't get sidetracked and allow your progress to be distracted by anecdotal claims or people who are unwilling to face the simply truths in front of them.

I will make more time to get to grips with using this forum.

You will get the hang of it and if you get stuck one of the mod team or other members can always give you some pointers.

Take it easy.

Jim

https://www.poz.com/tag/smoking
https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-smoking
https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-nutrition
https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-exercise
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:59:22 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 08:08:05 am »
Hi and Welcome Andy !
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.