Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:03:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: D.O.A. Stark Realities to living  (Read 7714 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
D.O.A. Stark Realities to living
« on: September 14, 2006, 06:47:18 pm »
I was informed that we lost a guest to heart failure this morning at one of the hotels I work for.  As this is my department and my guys who respond to medical emergencies, I take it pretty seriously.  From CPR to AED's, he could not keep her going.  She died on the way to the hospital at 50 years.   Enjoy your lives, you just never know.  You just don't know what is in the cards...

Signed Sad,   :(

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
Re: D.O.A. Stark Realities to living
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 09:52:55 pm »
Oh Eric, I'm so sorry, love.  It's a difficult and harsh reality.  Yet it's a good wake up call.

Enjoy life.
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 09:58:52 pm »
Izzy,  the hard part is sitting down with the the young man who worked with her and tell him he did everything he could..  This has been one heck of a week for so many......

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 11:31:22 pm »
Hello Eric,

WOW! What a week you have had. Just as Appleboy says; "play the cards that you are dealt with the BEST way you can". Enjoy life. Live life. Cherish the Life you/we share.

Have the BEST Day!

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 01:32:44 am »
Sorry to hear this Eric, but people are always coming in and going out, huh?  I dunno what this means, but it is strange this whole lifeforms thing...

Drew

Offline poobear

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 01:38:44 am »
sorry for you bad day.  It plays games with your mind,  Like you said enjoy life you never know.   When I worked in the hospital we had a young kid 16, that went into diabetic shock after eating a bag of gummy bears.  He did not know he was diabetic, in ICU for 2 days than passed away.  Unfortunatley this is life. "Lifes a Bitch".  Hope your weekend is better for you.  Big Hug to you   Rachel

Offline franfrog

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 08:09:16 am »
Eric, I am so sorry to hear this. 
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
Fran
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Maestro

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 08:28:07 am »
Eric,

Very eerie.  It was the death of my Uncle in a hotel room that got me involved with this site.  I am now taking care of his partner who is HIV +.  I remember asking the manager if it was the first time this happened and they said surprisingly it has happened a few times in the past.

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 09:39:25 am »
Dear Eric,
This makes me so sad :(
I'm sorry you had such a "down" day. I'm sure this comes with your job though.
I hope you have a much happier day today. Let's hope the hotel guests have a much better one also ;D

Peace

Kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 12:42:08 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 08:55:57 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 01:08:17 pm »
Better her than you Eric. ;)

MtD

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 01:12:09 pm »
Well, you figure that this is going to happen now and again... Hotels call them "cold departures".   I slap anyone who says that to me..  I sat down with the Associate and we talked for a long while about life and death and what our roll is in all of this.  Its very strange how my words have changed and evolved from then till now.   It was like, "who the hell just said this?"....  It was me..  I offered him counceling sessions at the companies expense and we will go from there...  That quesiton "did I do everything I could have to save her?"  I told him "yes you did".........

Matty, I will be interested in the toxicology reports when the become available...  Its a party town you know....  Yes I am glad I am still here....

Love

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 01:20:21 pm »
Matty, I will be interested in the toxicology reports when the become available...  Its a party town you know....  Yes I am glad I am still here....

Yup. Colorado is known as the party state.

I'm not sure why this interests you so. Didn't you get a look at the stiff when they wheeled it out of the Best Western? If not, you didn't miss much.

As for the tox reports, again MtD is confused. Did you sell her the drugs? Still a drama is a drama and I can understand how that resonates with the Queen in you. ;)

MtD

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 01:30:53 pm »
No drugs from me..  Just a good reputation of taking care of people fell apart yesterday..  Thats all, its not queen or anything, its just caring Matty..

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 01:38:59 pm »
No drugs from me..  Just a good reputation of taking care of people fell apart yesterday..  Thats all, its not queen or anything, its just caring Matty..

Not just the reputation, I'd think. I wouldn't fret too much dear. Like most people, chances are her passing won't be widely lamented. I'd wager the best anyone could say for her is that she had "a great sense of humour."

Which means she'd enjoy this thread! Add to that the fat wad of cash her relatives will receive as a result of this (Americans pay out good when they go tits up) and I think you'll agree that everyone wins.

Except her. But what can you do? ;)

MtD

Offline alive2

• i guess im having a good day
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 01:44:27 pm »
sorry to hear the bad news eric.i know how dedicated you are to your job and the services you can handle,but sometimes no matter how hard we try as humans its just against gods will.i agree that the man who tried his best and it good for you to let him know his attempts to revive the guest are still important even if the procedure didnt work.i know you are a very caring person to everyone you contact,i know first hand and even though you may not realize it we need more compassionate and caring people in the world as dedicated to their fellow human as you my freind.gray skies dont last long when there is hope and help.take care ;)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 01:50:50 pm »
Matty, as always, you have the most interesting perspectives (tits up) on death... ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 01:52:51 pm »
So tell me doll, did ya get a sniff before they wheeled the old girl out to glory?

MtD
(Who reckons everyone has a different stink when they go tits up)

Offline alive2

• i guess im having a good day
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 02:01:09 pm »
yes sir matty,you definitly are in the right place you have some kind of sickness in you mind,lol,but since were on the subject..eric did you?lol :D

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 02:01:27 pm »
Naw, she was still alive on the way out of the hotel.. She died in route... I missed out Matty...  Dont worry, Daddy use to show me dead people all the time when I was a kid..

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 02:07:03 pm »
Naw, she was still alive on the way out of the hotel

So what's all the fuss about? It's the paramedics' problem. It died on their watch. So long as the meat-bag was breathing when you shoved it out the emergency exit, you're in the clear!

MtD

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 02:24:51 pm »
What a releif... Thank you Matty, I feel better now... Wana fight?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 02:30:45 pm »
What a releif... Thank you Matty, I feel better now... Wana fight?

When a woman has just died? What sort of insensitive fuck are you?

MtD

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 02:42:33 pm »
Thats all I wanted!!!  Thanks Matty... ;D Your such a Loveable, caring, compasionate Queen...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 02:44:05 pm »
I still reckon she reeked when they hauled her dead arse out of your Motel 6 operation.

;)

MtD

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 03:40:49 pm »
Eric....

Thanks for reminding us all that life is a GIFT and we should cherish it as such. 
         Keep Your Chin Up Good Buddy......... :-*

You are much loved and admired.......
          even by the devil himself :P

just ask Matty...........
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 03:42:47 pm »
just ask Matty...........

Tell me Davey, did you bury or cremate the Child-Bride?

MtD

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 04:45:20 pm »
nope... i am going to let this one sink and slide away.........

« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 04:48:52 pm by Eric »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 05:41:52 pm »
That is the wise and healthy thing to do, Eric. I also know you are committed to doing a good job.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 11:36:24 pm »
Matty.....

If you're referring to David...he was cremated.  And I will be too.

Eric.....

Be at peace my good buddy...for I am.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.