Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:00:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 348
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I infected? HIV??  (Read 17585 times)

Offline scharfy

Am I infected? HIV??
« on: July 01, 2011, 08:46:00 am »
Hey well I had a session with this girl last week and I ended it early because as I was fingering and stimulating her for awhile, and I wanted to perform cunnilingus but I noticed towards the bottom of the vagina lips (midway between anus and vagina),

I noticed she had 2 er pimple like stuff. They were quite small like when u get those tiny pimples and they have a small growth on the pimple that looks like it has Pus that type. So yea she had a smell there too like perspiration mixed with fluid and all so I didn't. I guess they were boils?

But by the time I realized I had already fingered her and She played with my anus a little and gave a handjob.

Will I contract HIV/StD from this exposure? My finger also has a tiny cut that I received 2 - 3 days ago (tiny cut from the staple on the paper) and With that finger I was rubbing it outside but didn't insert.

I had a handjob from her 3 weeks ago also but I didn't know if she had it then or not. Within that time I developed almost to a sore throat but not and some sneezing 2 days ago.

I wanna ask though I've been having some sneezing and a little runny nose for past 3 days and about a week ago I woke up with sore thighs (sorta like after a long day of exercise). I haven't been exercising though.

I had an encounter 2 - 3 weeks ago with unprotected cunnilingus for ~2 seconds max (though I didn't feel any fluid). Had protected oral and protected vaginal. The condom didn't break i guess because I didn't feel it and after the encounter, there was semen in the tip of condom. She also used KY Jelly which would prevent any breakage due to friction.

Are these ARS? Please help!! Thanks

Oh and about 3 months ago I had another encouter which was similar to the one above (unprotected cunnilingus though there was fluid this time but yea I just performed on the surface I guess) but protected vaginal. The condom didn't break (did a water test) and I went for a rapid test at the 5th week for this exposure which was negative and the counsellor also said I need not return. But I read that if someone had HIV + Hep C than the antibodies may show up delayed is it? I'm not sure if I have Hep C though i think it's unlikely (prior to this I didn't have any sexual encounter). Please help thanks!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Am I infected? HIV??
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 09:43:26 am »
Scharfy,

You have not had a risk for hiv infection. You do not need to test over any of the specific situations you are worrying about.

Fingering is not a risk, regardless of cuts, scrapes, hangnails or whatever on your fingers. You are also not going to get any STIs infecting your fingers.

Getting a handjob is not a risk for hiv infection. Hiv is not present on the skin and it doesn't matter if saliva or even cum is used as a lube. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable infect. You will not become infected with hiv by touching objects in the environment or being touched by an hiv positive person.

Getting a blowjob, with or without a condom, is not a risk for hiv infection. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Cunnilingus is not a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected this way and you won't be the first.

Protected intercourse is just that - protected - and is not a risk for hiv infection. There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST FOR HIV OVER FINGERING, HANDJOBS, BLOWJOBS, CUNNILINGUS OR PROTECTED INTERCOURSE, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:45:19 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scharfy

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 05:30:06 am »
Thanks Ann! Just a final question, I have been having this small lump right behind my ear lobe for around 2 - 3 weeks and today I had this tiny bump on my right arm that sort of hurts if you brush against it. It's not connected to anything right? Cause I was sneezing these past few days as well so I'm just worried.  :)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 08:12:01 am »
Not an HIV concern. If you are concerned about your signs and symptoms see your doctor.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 08:36:12 am »
Right now you are unfortunately busy misinterpreting everything that happens to your body as if it is another sign of HIV. Except that you didn't have a risk. Period.

If you symptoms that are bothering you, discuss them with your doctor. HIV is not your problem and there is no need for further concern on your part.

And if you consistently use condoms everytime for vaginal and anal intercourse you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV. Those are the only activities confirmed as risks for HIV. 
Andy Velez

Offline scharfy

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 04:11:10 am »
Thanks guys I just wanna clarify.

Today morning everything's alright then this afternoon (about 1 hour ago) I had 5 rash-like stuff? (very similar to mosquito bites). 3 on my left hand (index, middle and ring finger) and 1 on my right forearm and 1 near my elbow.

The 3 on my left hand are just like mosquito bites (similar size and red around the edges). The one on my forearm is like half of a mosquito bite (like a crescent moon) and on my elbow is just about 3 times bigger than a mosquito bite.

I also noticed some sorta tense muscles near my neck and sort of tender-ness at my neck. My throat also kinda hurts (though this could be the phlegm).

Am I at risk or just really really over-reacting? Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 05:35:21 am »
What part of you never had a risk is it you don't understand? If you would have read the replies you have been given you were told twice.

Offline scharfy

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 08:04:41 am »
I'm not sure just worried  :( Yesterday the sides of my body was tender and any slight push hurt a little. Today it's better but still just a little tender and I had this boil/pimple/sore on my lip for like 20 - 30 mins before it subsided. Is it still alright

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 08:34:37 am »
Right now you are unfortunately busy misinterpreting everything that happens to your body as if it is another sign of HIV. Except that you didn't have a risk. Period.

If you symptoms that are bothering you, discuss them with your doctor. HIV is not your problem and there is no need for further concern on your part.

And if you consistently use condoms everytime for vaginal and anal intercourse you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV. Those are the only activities confirmed as risks for HIV. 

What I said above still holds. You did not have a risk for HIV. Period. End of story.

And before this grows into more back and forths about yet more symptoms, I am going to tell you that if you continue to cling to this unwarranted fear, you are going to find yourself getting a 28 day Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem no matter what your mistaken thoughts may say to the contrary.
Andy Velez

Offline scharfy

Possible Herpes infection, HIV risk?
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 06:04:30 am »
Hey so anyway I had the latest encounter about 13 days back but that was with protection for both oral and vaginal and I didn't perform cunnilingus so I can say there's nothing wrong there.

But anyway about 20 days back, I met this commercial sex worker and she gave me unprotected oral for about 2 minutes i also performed cunnilingus for about 10 seconds and she was wet down there will that increase the concentration of HIV? I also frenched her and all. But vaginal sex was protected.

Anyway 2 days ago I noticed I had some sores on my penis foreskin and the doctor thought it's herpes (currently waiting for test results about a week for herpes,syphillis,gonorrhoea, HIV) I probably caught it from that CSW about 20 days back? [no pain when urinating though just stung abit when the foreskin hit the side of my thigh that's how i found out]

What are the chance of my having HIV? I was reading thourhg another forum and I found this

"""In people with HSV-2, the increased risk of HIV, if exposed, is about double, not 5 times.  (The risk is up to 5 times higher if exposed to both viruses at the same time, i.e. if someone catches HSV-2 from an HIV infected partner.)"
-Dr. Hunter Handsfield " "

Recently before the sores I was having flu-like symptoms (runny nose) and on Wed i discovered the sores and yesterday and today had loose stools and am currently feeling like I may have a fever (most of the morning had a slight migraine/headache not sure if it's from the medicine (for herpes) but yea... please help)

I'm just worried

Edit:

To add on I've had some "heat rash" like red small bumps on my torso but it's like only 1 or 2 in the past 1 month or so. It gets itchy and the surrounding area gets red but after a while it disappears. Also, I don't know if it's an allergic rash but sometimes after touching my bag, my arm gets this itch that looks like mosquito/ant bites except it gets sort of bigger than that and odd shaped not circular like ant bites.

Basically like this :"http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=mosquito+bite&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1680&bih=956&tbm=isch&tbnid=JrbNvn5DHumKoM:&imgrefurl=http://www.tinymosquito.com/article08-mosquito-bite-remedy.html&docid=Bid7p3kCpaagJM&imgurl=http://www.tinymosquito.com/mosquito-bite.jpg&w=300&h=225&ei=fYWqTo-pH5DOrQfC_oC-DA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1284&vpy=313&dur=487&hovh=180&hovw=240&tx=117&ty=105&sig=113234304283632822440&page=1&tbnh=145&tbnw=193&start=0&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0"

If let's say there's like a symptom of STD? would it have increased my chance of HIV inbetween the episodes? I've had multiple encounters but around May I had a blood test which came back negative at the 5th week. Also I went for like a health checkup and they tested for HIV as part of routine procedure and nothing happened (so i take it that i was negative - that was in June)

In between I had about 4 to 5 more encounters inclusive of the ones i mentioned above. The riskiest i would say are unprotected oral (giving and reciving) and fingering and frenching for me. Vaginal sex was always protected and the condom didn't break (i would know right?)

So yea.. please help...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:37:43 am by scharfy »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 08:25:55 am »
As stated in the opening thread of this section, members are asked to keep all of their entries in one thread. I've merged your entries here so in the future please use only this one thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

As to your latest concerns, there is nothing in what you are reporting which would have put you at risk for HIV. The important thing is that you used a condom for intercourse. Nothing else you are reporting would have put you at risk for HIV.

Other symptoms are something for you to discuss with your doctor. Our focus here is strictly on HIV. We do advsie that anyone who is sexually active ought to at least annually have a full STD panel done because other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Once again I don't see HIV as your problem nor is there any need at this time for HIV-specific testing.
Andy Velez

Offline scharfy

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 07:25:16 am »
As stated in the opening thread of this section, members are asked to keep all of their entries in one thread. I've merged your entries here so in the future please use only this one thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

As to your latest concerns, there is nothing in what you are reporting which would have put you at risk for HIV. The important thing is that you used a condom for intercourse. Nothing else you are reporting would have put you at risk for HIV.

Other symptoms are something for you to discuss with your doctor. Our focus here is strictly on HIV. We do advsie that anyone who is sexually active ought to at least annually have a full STD panel done because other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Once again I don't see HIV as your problem nor is there any need at this time for HIV-specific testing.

So Andy sorry just to confirm even if I received let's say Herpes earlier, the unprotected oral I received and gave in subsequent encounters on different CSWs would not increase the risk of HIV? I seem to have like some phlegm or 'tight' feeling in my throat too for about 2 - 3 weeks now. Is that a cause for concern? The diarrhoea too although it has been listed as a possible side effect of valtrax though rare... just worried

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 08:54:55 am »
You would only be more vulnerable to HIV if you had an active episode of herpes going on during unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. But in any case nothing you are reporting from your latest incident would have put you at risk for HIV transmission.

There is nothing HIV specific about any of your symptoms. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

This is not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline scharfy

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 11:29:44 pm »
You would only be more vulnerable to HIV if you had an active episode of herpes going on during unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. But in any case nothing you are reporting from your latest incident would have put you at risk for HIV transmission.

There is nothing HIV specific about any of your symptoms. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.

This is not an HIV situation.

Oh okay so even if I received it earlier since my penile head was covered and condom didn't rupture (herpes probably got it through oral or her vagina touching my thighs or other areas), that i'm safe then? Because i got this small red bump on my left shoulder that hurts a little and on my right forearm some small pimple like dots? (less than 1mm)  thanks!

Offline scharfy

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 06:36:55 am »
Hey initially that spot near my elbow sort of between biceps and tricpes there was sort of itchy but i didn't see anything so i scratched. That occurred about 2 days ago. Today as it got itchy and I scratched i looked at it and looked like small irregularly shaped area with tiny raised bumps. Since i noticed it stopped itching though. Any idea what it is?

Sounds a little like Maculopapular rash and I have had blisters in my right cheek and increased acne...

I have had a blood test and was negative for HIV but at that time it didn't really cover the latest 2 encounters which were 13 and 20 days ago from the day that i took the test. My infection was confirmed as herpes however the latest encounter oral was protected and in the case of unprotected oral we frenched as well and mine was HSV 1 but I didn't receive cold sores. So i'm kinda confused as to where i contracted it. But yea i know the risk is low/ non-existent for unprotected oral for HIV but just worried with this and all..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 07:41:42 am »
Scharfy,

Look mate, you have NOT had a risk for hiv infection so whatever is going on with your skin has nothing to do with hiv. If you're worried about it, go see a doctor and find out what is the problem.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scharfy

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 09:06:59 am »
Okay thanks Ann so sorry It's just kinda worrying.

Offline scharfy

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 02:58:51 am »
okay so sorry just clarifying i still cannot imagine where i got herpes from probably from the latest encounter. The one before that (the 2nd latest) i kissed her and perofrmed unprotected oral but didn't get oral herpes. THe latest one she gave me protected oral and i didn't perform oral only protected sex but i had HSV-1 and it's on genitals.

But since it somehow got transmitted, HIV is not that easily transmitted right ? Just worried though...

Offline scharfy

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 06:52:03 am »
Any?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 07:05:57 am »
Sharfy,

Herpes, UNLIKE hiv, is extremely easy to transmit. Herpes only requires skin to skin contact to be transmitted and condoms don't always cover enough skin to prevent herpes transmission. You could actually have been exposed to herpes during a blowjob ages ago and it's only come to light recently - because stress will cause outbreaks.

Talk to your doctor about acyclovir for herpes. It can either be taken when you feel an outbreak coming on (to speed healing and sometimes stop the outbreak happening if you catch it early enough), or you can take it everyday to prevent outbreaks happening at all. A person on prophylactic acyclovir (taking it daily) is much less likely to transmit herpes to their partners, so it's worth thinking about. Generic acyclovir is very affordable.

You were NOT at risk for hiv infection, regardless of herpes. 

Your time out warning still stands.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scharfy

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 01:56:38 am »
I have this small red itchy rashes like near my elbow.. only on one side though. It's just concentrated in that area so it's not anything right??...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 02:02:05 am »
I have this small red itchy rashes like near my elbow.. only on one side though. It's just concentrated in that area so it's not anything right??...
Reread the reply that you received from Ann the part that says, "You were NOT at risk for hiv infection, regardless of herpes. Your time out warning still stands."

Offline scharfy

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »
I just noticed that the red spots are clustered and form sort of like a blemish/mark on my elbow there. Like a birthmark except it's red and there are tiny bumps in that area.

Would it be possible to have caught herpes while giving/receiving unprotected oral? And as such increasing the risk of HIV also?? ALthough lately it's more of receive than give but I had kissing also and there's no cold sores..
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:17:32 pm by scharfy »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 05:49:05 am »
Sharfy,

Sure. You could have gotten herpes through oral sex. It happens all the time. However, unless you've figured out how to lick a pussy by using your elbow, or like having your elbow sucked, that's not herpes on your arm. It sounds like eczema to me, but you'll have to have a doctor look at it. It absolutely does not sound anything like the rash associated with hiv seroconversion.

Stop fretting about the herpes thing. Up to 80% of the population has it. As long as you keep your herpes to yourself, it's really not that big a deal.

I'm giving you that long over-due time out you've been repeatedly warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scharfy

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:02 pm »
Hey recently saw my right foot had one red bump like that of an insect bite but it's just red. There were about 4 more of them near my ankle having healed and look like it dried over... is it some HIV rash?? Had them on my elbow and some small dot like rashes on my left fingers and inbetween the fingers. Not sure if it's allergy or something plz help..

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 10:20:01 pm »
Hey recently saw my right foot had one red bump like that of an insect bite but it's just red. There were about 4 more of them near my ankle having healed and look like it dried over... is it some HIV rash?? Had them on my elbow and some small dot like rashes on my left fingers and inbetween the fingers. Not sure if it's allergy or something plz help..

You do not have HIV

You were never at risk for HIV

You have been told this. And timed out over it. And yet you come back with a virtually uninterrupted diatribe about symptoms.

Your post has been reported. I think there is nothing this site can offer you.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 05:18:57 am »
Scharfy,

Re-read your entire thread, including where we've already discussed your elbow. How many times do you have to be told that you have not had a risk for hiv infection?

Sexually speaking, the only confirmed risks are unprotected anal and/or vaginal intercourse. You have not once mentioned having unprotected intercourse.

None of the behaviours you have reported are risks for hiv infection.

We're obviously not getting through to you, so I am giving you another time out - 56 days this time. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.