Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:02:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 208
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Eviction notice... Update #4 - still in limbo  (Read 19673 times)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Eviction notice... Update #4 - still in limbo
« on: January 19, 2007, 10:24:23 pm »
I've had one of those days. Actually, I've had one of those weeks and it reached a crescendo this afternoon, just when I thought things were settling down again. I discovered I'm being evicted - but it's more a good thing than a bad thing. It's a long story and I decided to write about that and what else 2007 has in store for me in a blog. Buckle Up Tight and Strap on the Helmet!

I might be a little scarce around here for the next week or so but I'll drop in when I can. Wish me luck, stamina and a strong back! Please!  :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:11:22 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
Re: Eviction notice...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:30:44 pm »
Dear Ann

I'll  be sending you good thoughts/vibes and hoping for improved health, better numbers and a good housing transition for you !

Paul

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:36:28 pm »

Goodluck Ann...
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:37:01 pm »
What what?

I saw "eviction notice" and freaked... but this actually is turning out to be a good thing!

Huzzah for house living!  I hope your move goes well... I know they can be a bitch and a half.

And I hope your catchildren take to the move well, too! 

Good luck!
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline jyngfilm

• AHH! I knew it, Betty had balls
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 10:37:57 pm »
generally, individuals dont like change. looks like you'll find out which kinda individual you are. best o luck!
and ......even though you may not remember me????.... i always remember how kind you were to me.
love, ~jordon
munchausen by proxy is not an out in my case

Offline marco23

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 10:40:07 pm »
Oh Ann,
I'm so sorry to hear that!! All my best wishes going out to you!! You'll be absolutely fine, not only do you have a strong back, you have a strong spirit! Hey, my shoulder is always here for you to lean on!!
HUGS AND KISSES BABE..
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 10:47:34 pm »
moving 1000 books doesn't sound enjoyable.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 11:04:31 pm »
Oh Ann! Sorry, really so much, about the eviction notice. One of those days, one of those weeks is right. If it makes you feel any better, the last time I moved I had to move... 3,000 books. Not fun. Wish I were on The Rock to help out.

And I hope your daughter's "defection" to California means that you'll be in the States more. Many drinks to be had, stories to be shared.

Love, Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 11:24:33 pm »
Well, as long as you say it's a good thing!!  I made a vow when I moved into my very own hovel (yay capitalism and the burden of property!!) in 1999 the only way I'm leaving is in a body bag.  I'm even more dedicated to that vow now. 

Good luck over the next week and may the moving deities be with you.

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 11:29:51 pm »
Well, I buckled in a and strapped on the helmut & read.   Wow!  Talk about a lot going on!  As much work is involved, it still does sound like a good living upgrade.  As for the meds...girl, we can talk if/when that time comes.  I am MEGA adherent to my regimen.  I can give you all sorts of tips and support in that arena.  You'll do great when the time comes.  Good luck with all the work you have ahead with the move.  

Speaking of meds...time for me to run to the kitchen and take mine!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 02:06:07 am »
Wow, things really are stacked for you. It is funny how public housing goes, it took me about 3 years to get where I am and they lost my application twice. Some people just came to work to take up space I guess. But I'm glad the fire inspectors got you in a place much faster.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you with starting meds, I haven't started yet but I think the time is drawing near. Not much I can say but you gotta do what ya gotta do. I say thank the Goddess for Atripla and it being once a day because it will make it that much easier. But you can also get a pill box too, that really helps me to remember to take my diabetic meds. I would remember to take the am dose but would often forget the evening dose or was scared I'd take too much. Anyhoo, congrats on the new place and good luck with the move. Please keep us posted on your adventures.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 04:21:17 am »
Good luck with the move Ann..BTW did you ever get that antique writing desk? if you did be careful when moving it you won't get another one like it I'm sure.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 06:29:07 am »
I'm off to work this morning, and so won't be able to read the details until tonight, and even though you suggest that it's a good thing and I can grasp that concept, you will still be moving and I can't wish that on anyone for any reason (other than if their home has been gutted in a fire) so wish you, Ann, all strength, GOOD weather, reliable helpers, no drama during the process and peace in the new space.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 07:32:49 am »
Ann,

I'm sending good thoughts your way. I know moving is a bitch, but it sounds like you will be in a much better place.
Your attitude with all that is going on is great, you are a strong woman and will come out of this just fine.

Take good care of yourself

(((HUGS)))
   Nadine

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 08:04:40 am »
Hello Ann,

I know and understand how difficult it is that starting meds may soon be in your future. But I do believe as you stated, that you are handling this "Calmly".  I wish that I had done the same back in 2003 prior to starting on meds. I completely shut myself down and dismissed wanting or needing to start on meds until it was almost too late. I wish I had found this site sooner then I did. I certainly could have used a kick in the ass in more ways then one, to get myself moving and motivated. I even had Ed into believing that  I didn't need to start meds....

Sorry about the eviction, it is always a pain in the butt to have to move, but it won't be long until you you will have a new place to call "Home"

Good luck/ Take care of yourself-----------Ray
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 08:06:11 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 08:14:19 am »
 :),

PS what would you like as a house warming gift?

Ray 8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 08:15:53 am »
I really feel for you, I hate moving even if it is for the better.

Sending you energy and best of luck.

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 08:23:46 am »
Good luck on your move Ann. Hope things go smooth sailing on your new house and you finally get what you well deserve. Did I hear you say "PARTY AT ANNS"LOL. Oh well it would be nice if one morning you woke up and the whole gang from aidsmeds was at your door to give you a big house warming party. Oh well good luck. Take care.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 10:16:28 am »
Hey Ann,
I remember a photo of your flat you posted at one time. If memory serves, your flat could best be described as "historic."

So, maybe the move is a good thing after all. Historic is fun, but not if you are in danger of becomming a cinder.

Central heating? What's that? It's been years since I had central heating. I don't know if I could deal with it. Its just, well, too warm.  ;)

Good luck on the move. Once you're settled, maybe you could post a photo of your new digs.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 10:35:58 am »
Ann - Best wishes in your move...  Will say a few prayers for everything to work out for you...

Love

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 10:55:18 am »
Hey Ann:

Yikes!  That's what I first thought when I saw the title of this thread.  Scared the bejeesus out of me.  Glad to read in your blog though that, while moving is going to be a pain, the new digs will most definitely be better.  Like Mark remembering the picture he mentioned, I remember the one you took from a distance of your flat (I think it was of your bedroom window viewed over the rooftops of the neighboring buildings) I liked that picture a lot.  But I also remember last year you commenting how cold your flat was, in fact so cold you were literally living in just one room cause that's all you could keep warm. 

So as you said it does seem like this is a good thing.

About the possibility of starting meds, well woman I've already shared my feelings with you on that one.  And just let me remind you if adherence becomes an issue, I will use the strategy I told you about!  UHUM   ;)

Good luck!   :-*

RAB

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 11:04:03 am »
Ann,

Good luck with the move honey.....moving is NO FUN, I hate it.   I hope it goes as painlessly as possible for you.

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 12:28:52 pm »
Ann I am going to be sending you all the positive vibes I can muster!  You can crash at my place if you need to.  Im not TOO far, if you use Mars as your definition of "a long ways".
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Blixer

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 01:17:33 pm »
Best of luck with the move Ann.  And it is great that it is going to be an upgrade for you.  But I know it still causes some stress.  It sounds like 2007 is going to potentially be a landmark year for you.  Best wishes with all you have going on.  I wish I had a good suggestion for moving all those books!!!!
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline mrtallguy

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 01:22:05 pm »
HEY ANN,

I AM SENDING AN EXTRA DOSE OF ENERGY AND STAMINA TO HELP MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

KEEP IN MIND THAT, IN THE PROCESS,  YOU WILL FIND THINGS THAT YOU THOUGHT WERE LOST FOREVER, AND YOU WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO GET RID OF THINGS YOU WILL NEVER NEED!  KINDA LIKE A SNAKE SHEDDING A LAYER OF SKIN!  (SOMETHING LIKE THAT)

IN THE END YOU WILL BE GLAD IT HAPPENED....AND WE WILL BE GREATFUL FOR YOUR RETURN TO THIS FORUM!!  BEST OF LUCK!!

BE WELL...

CRAIG
I AM DETERMINED TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY!
--ACIM

Offline bear60

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 02:00:33 pm »
Well....take care of yourself. Good luck.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Christine

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 04:38:30 pm »
Hi Ann,
You do sound really calm in your blog for all that is going on. You will get through the move, and it will be a good thing.

And for the meds...when it is time for you to start, you will have all of us for support. There are lots of tricks to help one remember...medication alarm clock, cell phone alarm, pill box, check list.

Good thoughts and wishes going out to you!

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 05:19:32 pm »
Ann,

Lift with your legs.

Kindest,
Drew

Offline Eldon

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 05:54:29 pm »
Ann: I am chiming in today to support you with your transition that is taking place. I trust that all will go smoothly for you.

"What Can I do today to make a better Tomorrow?"

Offline joemutt

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 06:41:52 am »
Here's to smooth sailing Ann,  :-* Joe

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 07:11:12 am »
Ann,

All the best with the move. Sounds like you'll be in a better and more secure situation.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Teresa

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 02:04:46 pm »
Yeah for the central heat!

Good luck with the move. That is one thing I absoutely hate doing...packing and the unpacking!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Jody

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 10:32:58 am »
How did I miss this thread ???  Ann, it sounds like your move will be to a more comfortable place and that central heating sounds terrific in the climate where you live...As for starting meds, well you numbers are slowly going south so here's hoping that all works out...And best of luck to your daughter going to school in California...If she is nearly as bright as her wonderful mom then I'm sure she will ace her studies and really enjoy the change in weather as well...Take care, be well and let us know how the changes go down.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 10:43:19 am »
Good luck Ann!!!

I am glad you have such a great attitude about it! Way to go!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 03:18:56 pm »
Hey Ann, you sound really excited about the move I hope it all goes smoothly I can vouch for the stress of a house move i've done it 5 times in the last 5 years!  It feels good when you are in the new place and all sorted though.  Keep us updated.
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline siongi

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 08:25:48 am »
Hey Ann,

I know things will  fall into place sooner than later and please keep us posted when you resume.
In case you forgot, you are the one who literally welcomed me into the forums and held my hand to show me how to, as i wrote my first introductory thread something like two years ago.

Much love and see you soon.

Siongi

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 09:27:25 am »
Thank you, each and every one of you, for your support and well-wishes. I can't even begin to tell you all how much it means to me to have you guys on my side.

I was in a kind of a limbo all weekend, not knowing where I was going to end up or when, exactly, it was going to happen. My head has been spinning to say the least! (yes, kinda like Linda Blair in the Exorcist!)

The house that was suggested on Friday, when the fire inspector was here, seemed ok. I know the woman who lives there now and she let me have a look around. I was supposed to get confirmation yesterday (Monday) and I did - initially. Then later on in the afternoon it was all up in the air again.

This morning I was told that I'm getting a different house, but this one won't be ready (it's getting new wiring, kitchen and bathroom) for a few weeks yet. I may be able to move in, at least for sleeping, around the end of next week (possibly February 1st). In the meantime, it looks like I'll have to stay in a bed and breakfast. The B&B they want me to go to is across town but I'm going to see if I can go to one that is right around the corner from my flat. I am allowed to leave everything in my flat for as long as I need to, but I cannot sleep here after Thursday night. The cats will have to stay here and my dog will be staying with my partner.

The house I've been allocated needs to be painted from top to bottom (because of the re-wiring) and it also needs carpets throughout. It's going to be a LOT of work in the next few weeks, but I can start before the tradesmen are completely finished. It also has a very nice garden, something the first house didn't have. On the downside, it's a fair bit smaller than the first place and I am going to have my work cut out for me in trying to figure out where my desk and library will go. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with bookcases and shelves scattered all over the house.

So, as it stands now, I'm going to have an "interesting" few weeks, but it will all be worth it in the end. I'll be ok as long as I can keep the end result in mind and not get too discouraged over the inconveniences of staying in a B&B etc.

I'll be around as much as I can. Now that I've got a better idea of what's going to happen, I'm calming down and I'll have a clear enough head to get back to work in Am I and the rest of the forums as well. I'm anticipating a couple days where I won't have internet access at all, but that probably won't be for a few weeks yet.

I'm hoping I can start getting some decent sleep. Haven't had a good night since last Thursday, before the fire officer dropped his bombshell on Friday. It's just all the uncertainty - giving me strange dreams and making it difficult to drop off in the first place. I'll be glad when this is all over and I'm in my new place. In the meantime, keep sending that positive energy my way - it's one of the things that's kept me going over the past few days. It really does make a difference!

Thanks again... just for being here for me.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

Re: Eviction notice... Update #1
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 10:01:15 am »

Ann,

To tell the truth I always found bookshelves all over the house to kind of give it that comfy feel.  While staying in the BB will you also be getting all the conforts they have to offer?  I know here in the states they can be quite charming.  I hope this is the case for you, however I do know nothing beats being "home".

Once you do get in I see you are in for some "work in the next few weeks".  While this additional hassle to moving kind of sucks, at least you can add your personal touch to the walls and flooring.  Regardless I do admire your positive attitude on the whole matter, even if you are doing the head spins like in the Exorcist.  Just stay away from the split pea soup and don't being doing anything nasty with the crucifix.  Don't know if you ever saw the uncut version of the Exorcist, but she does something really cool with the cross.  Well cool in this sick demented mind of mine anyways.  If you have not seen the uncut version let's just say she was not a virgin after the Exorcist. 

Damn I am straying a bit...  I think I always had a thing for Linda Blair when I was a kid.

Back to you...

I hope everything gets smoother for you from here on out and hope the transition is one you are happy with when it is all said and done.   Goodluck and please keep us updated.

Thomas
   (Who does not look forward to your absence)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 10:08:53 am »
LOL... yes, poor old Linda Blair. Didn't she have a close encounter with a broom handle a couple years after the crucifix? I guess I better stay away from crucifixes, split pea soup and broom handles too, just to make sure. :D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Cliff

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 11:14:06 am »
Hi Ann,

I've been busy at work and haven't had a chance to keep up with all the threads....somehow I missed this.  Good luck with the move and the decision to start back treatment. 

The trip to the Rock didn't pan out.  But fingers cross that maybe another one will.

Cliff

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2007, 12:41:09 am »
Hey Ann~~

I hope the move goes smooth for you. While you and Thomas were discussing the exorcist, I got to thinking, not sure what religion you follow but once you move in and if you can stand the smokiness, buy some sage and burn it throughout the house. It cleanses the house of negative energies of the previous tenants or the guys that are doing repair work that may have brought negative vibes in with them. I'm sure Mark could prolly add to what I'm saying or Rev Michael. Just saying....Cause I don't want you to think I lost my marbles.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 07:11:34 pm »
Hi Cliff, and thanks.

I'm not going back on meds, so far I'm treatment naive. I'm just aware that the time is getting closer and all this probably isn't helping.

Hi Akasha, and thanks to you too.

I know about sage and I have a smuge stick ready. I've also got a bell. ;) I just don't know when I'll get to use them yet.

Everyone - I've posted an update in my blog. Things aren't going so well at the moment. I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
Re: Eviction notice... Update #2
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2007, 07:28:44 pm »
Are you being churlish? Hell no! In your position I'd be fuming, making angry but well-composed speeches to every bureaucrat, and retaining a bulldog lawyer (at least pretending to retain one).

I don't know whether this would work on The Rock so I'm not suggesting you try it. But in my experience of bureaucracies, a two-pronged attack is the best defence against consitutional apathy. If they're making veiled threats, call them on it; and make some of your own. And if they shrug their shoulders -- the I'm-just-a-cog-in-the-machine response -- hold several actual individuals responsible. If there is one thing every bureaucrat fears it is personal responsibility. Angry tears are a great device.

Fuming on your behalf. Sorry it's been such a pain.

Jay

Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2007, 01:55:11 pm »
Ann, you're in my thoughts.  I know living uncertainty is hell. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 06:13:46 pm »
Thanks Jay, thanks Spud.

I've written an update in my blog again. ;)

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
Re: Eviction notice... Update #3
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 06:31:48 pm »
It is beginning to sound so cozy and fine, although temporary, Ann, that it makes me look to the east.  I hope that things continue to progress as they seem to be doing.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 07:24:23 pm »
Dear Ann

It's good to read about the positive turn of events for you these past few days. I hope your weekend is good and restful with no drama in sight.

Sending you my best thoughts and wishes through cyber space from Australia. Keep us updated.

Cheers
Paul

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2007, 12:25:17 am »

Ann,

Glad to hear about those numbers going in a positive direction.  I hope everything else continues to improve, hopefully there will be a solution to all this next week.

Thomas

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2007, 01:44:47 am »
Ann,

The garden sounds lovely... sorry for all the trouble.

Drew

Offline Nadine

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2007, 07:47:15 am »
Ann,

I'm happy to hear that things seem to be getting better for you. Sounds like you have a nice place to rest your head at night. Everything else will work itself out.
I know that you are very pleased with your lab results...Good going!

Hang in there sweet lady!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.