Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:43:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 508
Total: 509

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Increasing CD4  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Grendal

• Standard
Increasing CD4
« on: February 11, 2021, 09:53:22 am »
Thought I’d share some good news. Since I’ve been on Genvoya my t-cells have been running at around 500, down a little from the numbers on Triumeq, which I could not tolerate after about 18 months. In September I added cold showers (usually contrast hot/cold) on an almost daily basis, my T-cells have jumped to the 700-800 range over the past two tests. I do walk daily, a little resistance training and eat fairly well but was a bit surprised to see an increase. Self care is self love and will increase your health and joy in life!

Grendal

Offline Almost2late

Re: Increasing CD4
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 11:07:45 pm »
Hi Grendal,

It's good to hear that you're taking care of yourself and your t-cells have increased.

Exercise, good nutrition and rest is always good for anyone regardless of cd4 levels. Truth is that if your cd4's were at 500, you were already at the level of an HIV negative person.

Being above 200 cd4's makes people less susceptible to opportunistic infections, but even people who are hiv
negative and cd4's through the roof can get sick from a number of illnesses.

Guess what I'm trying to say is there's really no reason to attribute your good health to your cd4's rising from 500 to the 600-800 range. I've seen right here in these forums hiv+ people with cd4's in the 1000's range get pretty damn sick.

I'm in the 300's and have faired better than many my own age who are negative. Ofcourse, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my meds, but I think alot has to do with healthy habits and genetics. And who knows, tomorrow I might get hit by a bus, and waste all those cd4's.

Offline Grendal

• Standard
Re: Increasing CD4
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 10:14:15 am »
Healthy habits help a lot, was just a little surprised to see those numbers. Maybe not having a cold since the end of 2019 has something to do with it. 20+ years of meds with a nadir around 100.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.