Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:26:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 331
Total: 334

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Going to be an exciting evening.  (Read 3788 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Going to be an exciting evening.
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:00:15 pm »
Currently watching CNN. Barack Obama only needs ten more delegates to clinch the nomination.  All three candidates will be speaking tonight . John McCain ( will be speaking from New Orleans--Must have some balls)

Also,  that John King and that "Magic map" of his (CNN)  just drives me nuts for some reason. I wonder if he is on speed !!  :P

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1588560/20080602/index.jhtml

Ray
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:09:36 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Cliff

Re: Going to be an exciting evening.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:17:55 pm »
Most of the news websites are reporting that she will accept a VP nomination.  I think that's a bit of a power-play.  Why would she, the loser, make it known that she would accept a VP slot when he hasn't even offered the slot to her and she hasn't officially conceded?  She's trying to back him into a corner.

I'm not sold on an Obama/Clinton ticket.  I can't imagine what states she would bring to the table that he wouldn't probably carry anyway (NY, California).  He needs someone from a toss-up state or from another area of the country.  Plus I can't imagine how he would feel having Bill Clinton's big mouth around all the time.  Now Clinton is apologising for calling some reporter a scumbag, because the guy reported more affairs (not exactly breaking news).  The Clintons just seem to attract drama.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:32:54 pm »
I think Barack and Ms. Hillary would make a kick ass team but what do I know? I just don't want another Republican in office and if Barack did win, I'll take what I can get. Maybe we can get some spot remover to take that bullseye off his back. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.... :D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:49:52 am »
I'm just glad this is ending soon. I mean seriously if this were written as a true story no one would believe it.

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 03:50:52 am »
It will be interesting to say the least, to see how this all plays out.

Lucas

Offline randym431

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 05:51:26 am »
I  like both Hill and Barry, but i was wondering if Hill would end clean or dirty.
Looks like she chose dirty. She more less says "I have hords of loyal supporters, you want them
for a price?"

I think Barry should be nice, but not offer the vp to her.
His whole thing is being above it all. In keeping with that,
he should and probably will do what he thinks is best.

Sure, Hill supporters will be mad and talk of Mccain,
But if thats the way those democrats want to be, then
the party is better off without them. Dont let the door hit then in the
behind on the way out to Mccain land or stay at home in november land.

I supported Hill for some time, but even I am bothered how she chose
to do things, in the end. Her mindset is exactly the old school way
of how things are ran in washington. We dont need more of that.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 06:39:12 am »
Maybe we can get some spot remover to take that bullseye off his back. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.... :D
For royalty, you sure are obsessed with assassinations!   :P 

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 08:14:03 am »
The historical signicance of Obama's apparent nomination is nothing short of miraculous. Dr. King must be smiling.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 08:34:29 am »
Barack Obama last night.

There are those who say that this primary has somehow left us weaker and more divided. Well I say that because of this primary, there are millions of Americans who have cast their ballot for the very first time. There are Independents and Republicans who understand that this election isn’t just about the party in charge of Washington, it’s about the need to change Washington. There are young people, and African-Americans, and Latinos, and women of all ages who have voted in numbers that have broken records and inspired a nation.

All of you chose to support a candidate you believe in deeply. But at the end of the day, we aren’t the reason you came out and waited in lines that stretched block after block to make your voice heard. You didn’t do that because of me or Senator Clinton or anyone else. You did it because you know in your hearts that at this moment – a moment that will define a generation – we cannot afford to keep doing what we’ve been doing. We owe our children a better future. We owe our country a better future. And for all those who dream of that future tonight, I say – let us begin the work together. Let us unite in common effort to chart a new course for America.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 09:20:09 am »
Now's where it gets really  interesting.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 09:42:20 am »
The historical signicance of Obama's apparent nomination is nothing short of miraculous. Dr. King must be smiling.

smiling from where, dear?

(oh, she's all non-athiest when it suits her.   :P)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.