Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 411
Total: 414

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Questions on the new forums here please!  (Read 53641 times)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
Re: Questions on the new forums here please!
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2006, 01:44:05 am »
Hi all,when I registered as alisenjafi with my other e mail I couldn't get an activation #. Kept getting error, even though it says I am registered. Not sure if it has to do with mac OS X, Safari or some hidden preference. Anyway I used my UK e mail and another computer. Which I tried to get my original reg on and also got error. So I am registered twice. What can I do to get an activation for alisenjafi, even though I am registered as that as well, and delete this one?

I also tried finding help, to sort this out but no luck. I don't use this e mail much , ecxept to talk with Brit and Irish soldiers, which being in America doesn't get used much anymore.
Cheers
Johnny

No idea.   I wish i could help.  Try using internet explorer and requesting your password and checking (with internet explorer) your email account.  Seems like some kind of odd browser issue if you aren't using regular 'explorer'.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2006, 01:48:14 am »
what is wrong with the blasted post. Sometimes when I try to post the damn thing locks up then comes up with a lame message that some other person posted while I was doing my hunt and peck post. So who cares, and sometimes the post I labored over is lost. I'm tired of retyping so screw it, if the system dumps my post then that's karma for you!

BB

it's supposed to be a feature I presume.   I only see it when I use the back button on my browser (it will tell me somebody else posted... which is actually the post i just posted)

It's more of a notice type message.... just rehit the {post} button and it will post your topic as normal.   It's an extra step.  Let me know if this works for you as I haven't actually experienced this directly. 

For our purposes here, I think that feature should be disabled.  It's good for high volume websites, but this as a lower volume website, i don't see the need.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2006, 01:53:28 am »
umm...can someone explain slowly how to insert a picture into a post? one from my pictures folder, rather than a web-site. I have read the instructions several times, but it's still making no more sense than an ikea wardrobe...

thanks
kate

from your computer, you can only attach photos,...  like this... that's the poz thing that appears at the bottom of this thread above my signature.

to do that... you post here.. and then you must go to "ADDITIONAL OPTIONS' beneath where you actually type.  It's not a button that you click on above like the others.

Once you click on that, you will see a section called "attach' with a blank bar and a button that will let you search your computer for the picture you want to attach... then save and voila!

Please let me know if this answered your question or didn't help at all

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:58:12 am by DingoBoi »

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2006, 06:24:04 am »
Thank you!! I didn't even think to look in "additional options"...

Kate (who will now add pictures to all her posts) :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 06:25:44 am by penguin »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2006, 08:45:03 am »
what is wrong with the blasted post. Sometimes when I try to post the damn thing locks up then comes up with a lame message that some other person posted while I was doing my hunt and peck post. So who cares, and sometimes the post I labored over is lost. I'm tired of retyping so screw it, if the system dumps my post then that's karma for you!

BB

Go into your profile and click on the link for Look and Layout Preferences

Look down the list with check boxes. One of them says Don't warn on new replies made while posting. Check that box and hit the Change Profile button. That should take care of this problems for you.

Personally, I like being notified, especially when answering questions in the Am I Infected? forum.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2006, 08:49:50 am »
Hi all,when I registered as alisenjafi with my other e mail I couldn't get an activation #. Kept getting error, even though it says I am registered. Not sure if it has to do with mac OS X, Safari or some hidden preference. Anyway I used my UK e mail and another computer. Which I tried to get my original reg on and also got error. So I am registered twice. What can I do to get an activation for alisenjafi, even though I am registered as that as well, and delete this one?

I also tried finding help, to sort this out but no luck. I don't use this e mail much , ecxept to talk with Brit and Irish soldiers, which being in America doesn't get used much anymore.
Cheers
Johnny

Johnny,

This can be taken care of for you - please contact Peter Staley at editors@aidsmeds.com

Ann
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 08:56:07 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Iggy

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2006, 09:57:18 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:43:13 pm by Iggy »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2006, 11:01:38 am »
Iggy,

Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to bring this up with Peter and I will do tomorrow morning. (unless I forget again! damn brainfog grumble grumble grumble...)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline carousel

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2006, 06:31:02 am »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:57:37 pm by carousel »

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2006, 12:39:43 pm »
David, you have a couple options for the moment to include some personal information.

Go to your profile and click on the link for FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION.

Beneath where you enter your avatar picture is a section called PERSONAL TEXT.  It will allow you to enter a short phrase under your picture (mine says "pass the salt!  This baby needs flavor'

You can also enter information in your signature line that allows a bit more space.

It's not the same as having a section to write a book about yourself :) , but does allow you some personalization options.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2006, 09:51:48 am »
"Unknown Action"?

What does that mean?  When I click on "Who's on" and it shows where everyone is and what they are doing I sometimes see that listed (for individuals other than Moderators).

Does it mean the member doesn't know what they are doing?   :P

Does it mean there's some way for any of us to do stuff and not have it revealed?  (If so I want to know how to do that!   ;D )

RAB

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2006, 01:28:25 pm »
I am very new here and I cannot figure out how to set up my profile! I have tried 5x's ??? I'm not even sure this is the right way to post! Anyway, maybe I'll get that part figured out soon. My actual name is Kelly. I live in Florida and have been positive since 1990. I am on a few meds and my VL is undetectable. My CD4 count is above 500, something like 547 I'm happy to meet other people going through this. So far I have been very alone with it, except for my family who know I am poz, but are neg. themselves.
                   Grateful to have found this forum,
                                                           Angels4Kelly

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:32:27 pm by angels4kelly »
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline tuggem

• Ron Hudson, same body, new face
    • 2sides2ron
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2006, 08:51:44 pm »
Hi folks,

I have tried 3 times tonight to update my profile with photo and personal info.  It isn't working and I get a message that "An error has occurred" or something like that.  I check help and there is nothing there that helped for this.  Any ideas?

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

About 18 other meds to manage my side-effects/concomitant issues like diabetes, renal insufficiency, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, etc.

Poz since 08/25/1985 or earlier

Safe journeys!

Ce fut une belle aventure...

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2006, 12:52:00 am »
is your picture small enough?   in size and KB?   I think it has to be under 100kb for the entire picture and should be sized about 100x100.

I'm not sure of the exact limits here, but likely, the picture you are trying to use is too big in memory size.   try shrinking it down and then reuploading

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2006, 01:16:20 am »
ok, cool...I will give that a try.

Thanks, buddy!
Lexiva, Videx EC

About 18 other meds to manage my side-effects/concomitant issues like diabetes, renal insufficiency, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, etc.

Safe journeys!

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2006, 04:21:32 pm »
Dear Bailey,
I have never considered myself a technophobe, but am apparently most mystified as how to make my text roll, glow, and marquee.
I have still, to be able to put your fabulous insert pic instructions for my blogging to informed confirmation.

.................. as an aside, I will gently inform you that my memory seems to be that of a gnat lately (to say the least).
I was quite proud of being able to write my blog on a word document, and "cut & paste"it to my blog space.
I patted myself on the back for two weeks behind that epiphany.
      It is entirely possible that I did something wrong, but I cannot successfully master the same technique here.
I can't grasp the whole "code" thingy.

No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2006, 07:47:50 pm »
How does the pm count work?

As far as I can tell the number refers only to messages accumulated in your "in box" and isn't affected by the number of messages sent. 

Is that correct?

Is there a limit?

I hit 50 several times and rushed to start deleteing stuff, only to realize I was still getting messages and I wasn't getting the warning about my box being full.  The count never went above 50 but I still got messages.

So how does it work?  Do we need to keep both our "received" and "sent" boxes cleaned out?  Can we accumulate only a certain number in either?  Is it only relating to messages "received"?

RAB

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2006, 08:28:55 am »
I don't know Rocky. I've got 155 in mine at the minute and I couldn't tell you if that is inbox only or not. I'll be increasing my outbox in a few moments as well... I've got loads of people I need to get back to as I've been lazy over the weekend. (sorry!)

I had unlimited PM storage capacity in the old forum (one of the few perks of being a moderator), but I don't know if my storage capacity is any different from anyone elses here in the new forum.

So, in short... dunno! :D

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful dear.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2006, 08:41:21 am »
Well a fat lot of good you are!  Sheesh!   :P

RAB

(Who's image of Ann was as an all-knowing, all-seeing, all understanding, all-answering superwoman! What to do now :-\ )

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2006, 09:05:54 am »
To Peter

I'm still having problems when I log in, it opens with that darn attachment picture of the Bourbon Hotel!  This despite the fact I have a brand new computer!

To stop that from happening, I delete all cookies and temporary files and everything is fine.  UNTIL, I go into the information thread about AMG 06 and do some edit, then the problem reappears.

Just wanted you to know.

RAB

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2006, 08:17:50 pm »
Hello,

I have no problem increasing the size of the font, through internet explorers "VIEW, and then TEXT size button. I can read the forums quite well.

However, when I am in  the "NEWS" section of the site, I can not increase the size of the font. Am I doing something wrong, or, is it just not capable of increasing the font size in the "news" section ??

It's tough to read it....

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2006, 12:33:13 am »
Ok, so I'm really fucking lame, and apparently none too bright either. All I want to do is add a photo to my profile, but when I try to upload it from my computer, after I hit the change button all that happens is the screen goes blank, then my mind does too. Am I really this bad, or is there some secret squirrel way or perhaps a Voodoo dance that I need to complete in order to do this? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kiddies
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline tuggem

• 2sides2ron
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2006, 01:17:03 am »
I had the same problem.  You need to resize your photo to "teeny-tiny" size...less than 100 kb or so.  Then it will work.  I had trouble finding a way to resize my photos that small, so ended up posting an old photo rather than the one I would have preferred.  It may be a feature of the system, but it does feel like a bug.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

Safe journeys!

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2006, 06:03:47 pm »
any photo editing software should be able to do a basic resize/crop.

I believe the llimit is still 100kb for the file size, but I don't think there are dimensional limits (except if it's bigger than 100x100, you'll have that damn scroll bar)

If you need help resizing the photo, just make a post here and 'attach' the photo to you post.  I or somebody else can edit it in a jiffy for you, then you can copy the edited image and upload that as your avatar. 

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2006, 08:57:20 pm »
DingoBoi. I just spent almost an hour trying to post the picture so you could downsize it to the proper size but this fucking computer won't even let me do that, it says that the size limit is 500kb, and refuses to send it through. Any other ideas or should I just bag the fucking thing? I have limited patience for computers, and every time I try do do something like this it ends in catastrophe. You ever wonder why laptops aren't round? So that way you're not tempted to throw the goddamn thing like a Frisbee...

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2006, 01:19:14 am »
dont' spank the computer

try this link here http://www.resizeimage.4u2ges.com/index.asp

it's just one of many online image resizers.  If this one doesn't work for you just try googling 'online image resize' 

The max size of a single attachment can't be more than 500k.   You can post up to 4 pics in a single post but the combined total can't exceed 500k.

Try one of these services and see if it works.

If you use the one i recommended try reducing to 10%. ... you may need to adjust of course since i don't knwo the physical size of the picture you are trying to post... but anything that gets it under the 500k limit will let you post it here.

and then we can re-edit it for you

:)

good luck

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2006, 08:22:59 pm »
DingoBoi, Thanks a lot for helping an unrepentant technophobe such as myself. The link you provided was easy to use and worked well. I think. I'll find out when I post this. Thanks again, Capt. Carl

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2006, 12:23:59 am »
glad it worked for you (i never tried to use that program, just was the first one i found... so i was HOPING it was easy to use)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2006, 09:42:57 pm »
Dingo, Hello. Thanks so much for getting back to me. the problem is that whatever I post only the first line of the post shows up. Everything else doesn't show up. I have noticed a lot of post have a scoll bar to the right hand side that allows the whole of theirr post to show up. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I'm not sure what. Anyway , thanks,Cristy

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2006, 10:33:25 pm »
christy,

this is what i see from your post

Dingo, Hello. Thanks so much for getting back to me. the problem is that whatever I post only the first line of the post shows up. Everything else doesn't show up. I have noticed a lot of post have a scoll bar to the right hand side that allows the whole of theirr post to show up. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I'm not sure what. Anyway , thanks,Cristy

i see all of your post without any scrollbar or anything like that... can you not see the same thing i've posted as your quote?  I want to help, but i'm still not understanding the problem of what you are seeing versus what the rest of us see.  I actually see four lines of text from your paragraph on my full screen monitor.   Please tell me what you are seeing differently and what parts of your post i quoted are 'missing' from you view.

Do you actually see your post as I've quoted it or not?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:37:40 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2006, 09:18:46 am »
Thanks so much , Dingo. All I see is the first line. I wonder what I am doing wrong.Maybe it's computer related. oh well,cjc

Offline Teresa

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2006, 03:16:18 pm »
Dingo,

Is there a way you can ignore an entire thread without ignoring the people that have posted on that thread?

I have seen threads that I would love to ignore where they would simply just go away istead of apperaring at the top of my page every time I log on.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2006, 10:36:21 pm »
cjc.. i am at a loss.. i have no idea.. perhaps messaging the site owners/mods would help in this matter.   What I can tell you is that your responses post fine even if more than one line.

Maybe i'm just not understanding the problem /sigh

teresa, the only way I can figure to ignore an entire thread is to turn off your computer.   Maybe hit it with a stick too. :P 

Actually, that would be a nice feature to ignore a thread you have no interest in so it's gone forever.  There are lots of threads i'd like to ignore that just don't connect with me... and seeing them again and again, still doesn't make me want to respond.

Mods?

Offline Teresa

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2006, 11:02:10 pm »
Thanks anyways Dingo.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
ATTACH FILE ?
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2006, 07:39:36 am »
angels4kelly

It just is!!!!.....Okay?!?!

ATTACH A PICTURE FILE?
« on: July 20, 2006, 03:38:24 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know how to explain just how to attach my pictures that I usually put right on my post? Because I guess it's hard for those with dial up to get the posts open.
I'm sure it's best if I could just attach the picture. Right?
Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90

but the staying down

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2006, 06:56:48 pm »
Nevermind. I've figured it out. Thanks anyway.

Kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90

but the staying down

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2006, 05:40:09 pm »
How do I change my pic?????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 >:( :( :o >:(

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2006, 06:01:11 pm »
Hi Ryeguy,
I change mine by clicking on the "profile" button at the top of the screen.
Then there is a thing that says "modify profile".
You look right under there and there is "edit forum information.
Click on that and on that screen there is a place to choose which pic you want.
Just click on "browse", find the one you want and click on it.
Then go to the bottom and click "change profile"
That should do it.
I hope those directions weren't too discombobulated.

Peace,
Kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90

but the staying down

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2006, 08:57:51 pm »
Thankyou much Kelly, I have done just what you said and also tried this myself but for some reason which illogical to me is. The system always loads my old pic up again, I have clicked on 5 different pics when browsing. :-(

I'll try again thanxx

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2006, 02:23:18 pm »
just seeing if my button making thing works         <SCRIPT SRC="http://www.xaraonline.com/xob89377da/A444F18F7B3FA27F.js"></SCRIPT>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 03:04:35 pm by Lwood »
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2006, 02:27:42 pm »
lwood,

don't use the 'buttonize' feature there, it will only generate the 'script' which can't be posted here.

once you have your button designed, just copy it to your computer and upload it somewhere on the web, then link to that with the [img] tags

Offline Lwood

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2006, 02:33:39 pm »
couldnt I just delete the </ Script parts of the code ??  anyway, Ill just do the copy Paste thing it seems alot easier.

Also as I was VERY tediously Typing out some of this Code I realized that its just a link, with an IMG inserted instead of text like' Click Here '  so could I insert a very small photo instead of a Button???

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2006, 04:04:41 pm »
yup... the 'button' is just a picture itself... doesn't matter what the size is.. heck, you could make any picture a clickable link

This is the code i use in my signature

Code: [Select]
[center][url=http://blogs.poz.com/bailey/]
[img]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8959/newestblog1bl1.gif[/img]
[/url][/center]

just replace the url with whatever you want to link the image to and image part with the link to your picture/button

Offline Lwood

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2006, 04:55:59 pm »
ya, and here Ive been getting all flustered with buttons, actually the buttons are simple, its getting an offsite host to recognize them thats the prob, Photobucket doesnt recognize them, and I'll use Imageshack as a last resort... just what I need ANOTHER account.... Ill resize a pic to say 25 lpi and see if it will fit in the sig line. ..Opens beer...

Followup:   YAY it Worked !!!!  Now everybody will want one... Ill link it to the blog later, For Now I have to Find A pic Of me that looks Good Really Small.....or maybe just the Title Template from my blog....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 05:12:01 pm by Lwood »

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2006, 05:55:11 pm »
i haven't tested this, but if you 'attach' a picture file to a thread, then you should be able to link to THAT uploaded picture in this forum.. essentially making the aidsmeds forum the host of the picture like imageshack

Offline Lwood

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2006, 06:04:45 pm »
Wouldnt it link to the Whole page? Aids Meds Headers, page layout  and all?
The pic link works fine, if only there were something interisting to read in my Blog....
Shouldn't this work with the Profile pic too ??  it would be sweet.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2006, 06:08:39 pm »
try testing it.   I don't think it will work with the profile avatar because it should only accept the http:// address of the picture...but won't accept the html coding required to do the linking.

if you 'attach' a file to a thread then view the attached file, then right click and select properties, you should see the path that is the link to the picture as now hosted here.   It should just be the picture.

Offline Lwood

« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2006, 06:24:43 pm »
Ill try it later, Im all HTML'd Out for today, I need to stick a link to YouTube in my blog for the videoblog, then its time to warm up the Honey Pot for my sweet Ums... :o   

Offline scaredstraight68

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2006, 10:20:42 pm »
Why is there not a forum for HIV - (+ welcome) people to discuss HIV issues.  The "Am I infected" forum is set up as a question/answer forum from experts which is second to none without a doubt and that's how it should be.  Sometimes however,  it helps to talk about issues with someone who is going through what you are.  At times, I feel like there is a  "locals only" issue that presents itself from time to time (not by everyone but by some.) I wouldn't want to invade anyones forums but why does "anyone" have to be locked out when it comes HIV discussion.  Since most of the US population doesn't think twice about HIV testing you would think that those who do would have a place on AIDSMEDS.COM.

BTW: I'm not saying that - people should be allowed in any of the current forums designated for + people. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 10:22:15 pm by scaredstraight68 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2006, 05:25:07 am »
Sometimes however,  it helps to talk about issues with someone who is going through what you are.

Scared,

We used to allow more of that sort of exchange in the Am I forum. It didn't work. All it did was enable people to escalate each other's fears. That forum has evolved into the fairly strict format it now has for good reasons - reasons that have come to be known through time and experience.

Since most of the US population doesn't think twice about HIV testing you would think that those who do would have a place on AIDSMEDS.COM.

You do. It's called the Am I Infected forum.

Aidsmeds was originally created by Peter Staley as a place for people living with hiv could come to get information and support. He added the Am I forum (then called Fears) only after people questioning their hiv status kept asking questions. This website always has been and remains a place primarily for hiv positive people and their loved ones.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.