Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:51:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 396
Total: 396

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: When Are We Jumping?  (Read 10513 times)

Offline Basquo

When Are We Jumping?
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:58:22 am »
My work is blocking parts of the Sky Jump's website, but apparently there's a booking calendar you can check and then you call them to book. My vote is for Friday, during the day so I can see everything. Hours are 10am-3pm and 11pm-1am.

Offline Robert

Re: When Are We Jumping?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 06:07:10 pm »
hey crighton.

great question.  I was reading the site the other day and it says reservations are recommended.  It seems that even 24 hour notice is not enough.  

So whose jumping?  You, Will, Jan and me for sure.  Anyone else?  When Jan comes back from Vienna I think the  4 of us (and anyone else who is jumping and/or has some sort of vested interested or just gets off watching others in extreme positions and, ahem, feels entitled to express their opinion (not pointing fingers here) should discuss dates and time.)

Friday sounds good to me.  10A.  I also read where the line inevitably backs up and the wait gets longer and longer as the day goes on even though you have reservations.

(modified to change the 2nd 'it' to 'is.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:11:09 pm by Robert »

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 07:35:57 pm »
I would love to watch ya'll jump but I will be just pulling out of Phoenix about the time one of you takes the plunge...if you do it at 10.  I wish you crazy wonderful jumpers the best of luck.

I hope someone will be on the ground to take pictures of the decent and aftermath.
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 07:41:46 pm »
Well if we do it later in the day, everyone including hippie can watch the jump, otherwise known as "The moment Jan chickens out". :)

Glad to see your gonna take the plunge Creighton!!! I'm assuming your going first?

Edited to add: This still makes me woosy and weak knee'd.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsRbipctKTk

-Will
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 07:46:26 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Basquo

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:48:47 pm »
Hippie, nothing's set in stone yet! Depending on when we have the memorial service, the concert Saturday night, any day trips we might plan...all this will play into the scheduling. Has to be done no later than Sunday afternoon though.

The concert I'm referring to is Blondie with the B-52's, which is Saturday night at Madalay Bay Beach. This will be the first concert (he says) for my partner Santiago and I believe Will is going too. It's about $60 but it is general admission so we can get as close as we want, plus these are two bands that I love but have never seen live in about 30 years of listening to them! I'm so old, I used to have Wild Planet on 8-track  :o

The venue says you can bring a towel so does that mean we can get down to "Rock Lobster" while actually in the water??

Will, I'll go first if I have to but I bet Jan will want to.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 10:55:21 am »
Well if we do it later in the day, everyone including hippie can watch the jump, otherwise known as "The moment Jan chickens out". :)

-Will

Still in Vienna just popped in to say that ain't going to happen Will.. ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 07:02:53 am »
So have we decided when we will jump? ..sounds like someone is going to have to book us in.

I'ts always ladies first.. ;)

Hugs

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 10:01:16 am »
I can try to book us but if they want a deposit that might be a little issue...maybe...again I can't see it all from work but I could try to do it this evening. Are we four? Me, Jan, Will & Robert?

Is Friday morning okay? We could do it first thing, then have a little time for lunch before the Memorial (because I AIN'T eating before I do this; maybe a piece of toast or something but no damn green eggs and ham!) Saturday might be an issue for those who tend to overindulge at the Meet-n-Greet. I'm good for Thursday, too. We should be at the hotel by 11am at the latest.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 11:18:49 am »
I can try to book us but if they want a deposit that might be a little issue...maybe...again I can't see it all from work but I could try to do it this evening. Are we four? Me, Jan, Will & Robert?

Is Friday morning okay? We could do it first thing, then have a little time for lunch before the Memorial (because I AIN'T eating before I do this; maybe a piece of toast or something but no damn green eggs and ham!) Saturday might be an issue for those who tend to overindulge at the Meet-n-Greet. I'm good for Thursday, too. We should be at the hotel by 11am at the latest.

It absolutely makes no difference to me so long as I have plenty of time to pray beforehand. Im making a concerteed effort not to piss off "The big Guy in the sky" before I jump, it's been tough, so each minute I delay is another potential minute that I piss him off and he use the jump as an opportunity to smite me. So yeah, the sooner the better.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Robert

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 01:39:54 pm »
hi gang of 4..

thursday at 3p?  How does that sound?  Thats gives us time to arrive and check in and gather our thoughts.  by then most everyone will be there (hippielady doesn't arrive until late Fri afternoon).  We can celebrate our achivements (?) thursday night, sleep in and go to the memorial Friday afternoon. 

has anyone else changed their mind?

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 06:24:20 pm »
Im making a concerteed effort not to piss off "The big Guy in the sky" before I jump,
-W

Somehow I think that he's already got your number and has had it for a VERY long time.  Your goose is pretty much cooked I suspect.   ;)

RAB   ;D

BTW I still say all four of you are fools.  I looked  up fool in the dictionary and there were your pictures.  Proof positive!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »
Hi Basquo

Friday morning sounds good to me, I will celebrate with breakfast after the jump..if that fails just book us in when you can..if you can.

Hugs

Offline Basquo

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 03:03:49 pm »
OK fools (me included) I've booked myself at 10:30am Friday.  They can do 2 people every 15 minutes so I think they have one more at 10:30, 2@10:45, 1 opening @ 11.  You need to book fast.  RAB are you still paying for Jan & Will?  Get on the horn. 800-99-TOWER. We can probaly shift our order around a little if Jan insists on going first.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 07:38:11 pm »
Hi Basquo

I'll work out the particulars with Jan and Will when we are all together.  

I was able to book Jan for 10:45 a.m., but I couldn't book Will because of the personal information they required.

I'll try and send him a text and either get the info or work it out some other way.

RAB   ;D

Edit to add:  You are going to have to switch order with her.  I just spoke to her and she's determined to go first.   :P
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:43:27 pm by RAB »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 08:00:50 pm »
You could book yourself and then switch to him...just to reserve the spot...just sayin'...we wouldn't force you...!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 09:54:24 pm »
Hey guys, sorry just got in from some last minute "trip" shopping. Ok I will call and book now, However  should I wait for Robert? my concern is that If I book now Robert may get a later slot and we dont want him taking the leap by himself...so maybe he and I can book at the same time. that way if the slots after Creighton and Jan are taken up then Robert and I can jump later????

Hmmm. Am i making any sense?

-Will

Ps as far as my health issues the only thing I can say is I got a couple leaky vales in the 'ol ticker, but nothing the doctor is too concerned about for now. I wonder if thats a disqualifier???? Oh and the "Pooper Flu"  but we all have that :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:00:44 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Robert

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 01:50:15 am »
hey guys

i just logged on. I'll call now and see what's available and try to see what I can do. It's about 11P here now so they might be closed but you never know with Las Vegas.  Whatever, I'll post first thing tomorrow and let you now.

robert

Offline Robert

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 02:21:37 am »
  Ok...

well now it' about 11:20P.  I just called and made a reservation at 10:45 Friday morning.  Jan's is also at 10:45.  The girl told me that the 10:30
space was also available.

Will, can you call and take that spot?  or one at 11A? 

robert

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 09:06:16 am »
Okies, just booked for 11:00am! So out of the 4 of us I have the coveted "last spot", that way if anything goes awry with you all I can bail, hahahaha!

-Will
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:16:30 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Basquo

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 01:32:36 pm »
OK RAB can yousee if the 10:30 is still open like it was last night and reschedule Jan for then? I'll let her go first but I really like that earlier time...the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned!

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 06:10:40 pm »
OK RAB can yousee if the 10:30 is still open like it was last night and reschedule Jan for then? I'll let her go first but I really like that earlier time...the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned!

Hi Basquo I've called (again) and the 2nd 10:30 is booked (as I was told yesterday or else I would have booked it!).

However, the times are NOT set in stone.  They usually take 4-5 people up at a time (and are frequently behind schedule depending on how long it takes the people in front of you to leap) and put the gear on (So it' quite likely that your 10:30 schedule and Jan's 10:45 could go up at the same time), what happens at that point is very flexible.  So while "the sooner the better" is important for you, it's really not going to make much of a difference (15 minutes?).  If you two go up at the same time then you will still have the option of giving Jan the chance to go first.  Or at least that's how they explained it to me.

RAB

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.