Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:49:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 251
Total: 253

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Other HIV forums?  (Read 21530 times)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Other HIV forums?
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2010, 07:11:16 pm »
What am I?  Chopped philicialiver?  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8)

He still thinks that you can be BFF's.  One day you'll braid each other's hair.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2010, 07:11:26 pm »
no. although you and I have issues at times, you're not as hateful as those others I mentioned. I left Jan off the list for the same reason. Although I have had run ins with her (like with you), both of y'all have always been fairly civil and played nicely later. (and you've used emoticons multiple times today!  ;D)

if you want to be included with the people I don't like, I would be rather sad :'(, but you can go play with them if you feel you should take sides in this silliness.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2010, 07:15:12 pm »
I'm sick and tired of you and your minions of Doxie, Matty, Betty, Jonathan fucking with me all the time, so we're even.

And for the record I have never "fucked with you." Feel free to show evidence of your inaccurate statement. I dislike you far too much to spend any energy on it.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2010, 07:15:57 pm »

:D ;D :D 8) :D
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2010, 07:17:39 pm »
And for the record I have never "fucked with you."
I am one of many people who you have falsely labeled as a racist

go find the links youself, i'm busy putting dinner together here. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2010, 07:24:07 pm »
another bit of lunacy. ::) I am not a racist; but I have issues with illegal immigrants in my country.

I'm sick and tired of you and your minions of Doxie, Matty, Betty, Jonathan fucking with me all the time, so we're even.

Gee Mikey, you should clean the shit out of your eyes. I've not posted in this thread. Until now, of course. That's the problem with taking my name in vain. I get all Old Testament about it.

Greg, the member who started this thread looking for guidance, assistance and suggestions, then she's way outta line. Greg claimed he wasn't getting response or local assistance from this site and wondered if there were other forums to check into. That certainly is not complaining, that's requesting more support and something I thought this site was here for.

Greg started this thread as a passive-aggressive hissy fit. His previous one crashed and burned because he carried on like some malcontent at a teabaggers' rally, so this is his way of letting the rest of us know his pretty little nose is all outta joint.

And you, seeing yet another opportunity to whine about how mean people are to you, couldn't resist stepping in to stir the shit.

Which is fine by me, babe. You stir all you want.

Most of the time you're just vague background noise as far as I'm concerned. Your vapid asides and asinine prattle combined with a redneck's sense of entitlement are usually things I just skim over as I seek out the posts of substance and wit.

But you can hardly complain when you get clobbered by those you're provoking. You're just reaping what you sew.

MtD

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2010, 07:32:46 pm »
I am one of many people who you have falsely labeled as a racist

go find the links youself, i'm busy putting dinner together here. :D

Yes, you are one of very few people in here whom I have labeled as prejudiced against immigrants (if you need further clarification as to how this qualifies as racism then feel free to google it, since the two of you are such good friends).  I will not deny that I see you as such.  The good thing about being just as American as you are is having the freedom to express how I feel.  Other than that I have never bothered to attack you; for that I don't need to go looking for any links.

So, again, be blessed and enjoy your dinner  ;D :D ;) 8) :)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2010, 07:33:56 pm »
Gee Mikey, you should clean the shit out of your eyes. I've not posted in this thread.
excuse me, you are quite wrong in accusing me on this one. I did not bring up your name. You'll have to take that up with your supposed (well, he thinks he is obviously) friend Rev Moon back in reply #45. I just copied, pasted, and deleted a few names.

Most of the time you're just vague background noise as far as I'm concerned. Your vapid asides and asinine prattle combined with a redneck's sense of entitlement are usually things I just skim over as I seek out the posts of substance and wit.
then why in heaven's name are you badgering me in this thread? I'll repeat, I didn't bring up your name. Besides We were doing quite fine in the other thread where I called you on the carpet for pulling up a quote to defend emoticons after giving me grief over emoticons in the past.

also I resent your jibe of calling me a redneck. I have not called you any derogatory names, yet you constantly assault members this way, often claiming it to be sarcastic or humorous, and get away with it. It's a shame.

Gee Mikey,
and I use "Mikie" pronounced "mike - e" not Mickey as pronounced in the Toni Basil tune.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2010, 07:36:21 pm »
Yes, you are one of very few people in here whom I have labeled as prejudiced against immigrants (if you need further clarification as to how this qualifies as racism then feel free to google it, since the two of you are such good friends).  I will not deny that I see you as such.  The good thing about being just as American as you are is having the freedom to express how I feel.  Other than that I have never bothered to attack you; for that I don't need to go looking for any links.
whom are you speaking about? where are the links where I spew racist BS? and calling me a racist is an attack
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2010, 07:43:50 pm »
whom are you speaking about? where are the links where I spew racist BS? and calling me a racist is an attack

Who am I speaking of?  You evidently have issues with dative pronouns.

Calling you prejudiced is hurtful?  Then feel free to report it.  We all know how much you love to click on that "report to mod" button.

I have no more to say to you.  If you need examples of the ugly comments that you've made in the past then you need to look them up yourself.  Oh, but be careful, your dinner is getting burnt.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2010, 07:45:35 pm »
excuse me, you are quite wrong in accusing me on this one. I did not bring up your name. You'll have to take that up with your supposed (well, he thinks he is obviously) friend Rev Moon back in reply #45. I just copied, pasted, and deleted a few names.

I'm reliably informed that Reverend Moon thinks I'm a complete cunt.

then why in heaven's name are you badgering me in this thread? I'll repeat, I didn't bring up your name. Besides We were doing quite fine in the other thread where I called you on the carpet for pulling up a quote to defend emoticons after giving me grief over emoticons in the past.

Yairs. Your Parkeresque take down of me in that thread was so devastating I needed a little rest. I'm not sure I'll ever quite recover from that. You should consider penning incisive commentary for The New Yorker. Perhaps they can title your column Musings from the Double Wide?

also I resent your jibe of calling me a redneck. I have not called you any derogatory names, yet you constantly assault members this way, often claiming it to be sarcastic or humorous, and get away with it. It's a shame.

Well actually I didn't call you a "redneck", I just noted your contributions embody many of the traits associated with that stereotype. But if you feel all resentful about it then so be it. I'll continue to sleep the sleep of the just.

and I use "Mikie" pronounced "mike - e" not Mickey as pronounced in the Toni Basil tune.

Just like those fat white chicks who spell their kid's names "Ryalee", "Krystal", "Destinee" and "Breeannah" eh?

You take care now.

MtD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2010, 07:48:55 pm »
If you need examples of the ugly comments that you've made in the past then you need to look them up yourself.
saying that I have made, what you consider to be, racist remarks, yet not showing proof is where you argument falters. I could just as easily say that I've read (which I haven't) posts where you discuss engaging in bestiality - but that's not proof now is it?
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2010, 07:53:10 pm »
Look everyone can see through leather's faux fur. I never mentioned his name in this thread and yet he uses it to attack me. He conveniently forgets to mention that he sent me an unsolicited PM (I've never initiated a PM to this guy and never would) I responded and then put him on block. He tries to suggest to our gentle readers that I sent him a PM out of the blue, which is a lie and he knows it. That to me is pathological. In reality I rarely read or respond to his posts because quite frankly they bore me to tears. You read one and you've read them all. So nurse that persecution complex dear with all the passive aggressive fervor you can muster. :-*

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2010, 07:56:10 pm »
I'm reliably informed that Reverend Moon thinks I'm a complete cunt.
au contraire! you have been misinformed or else you must think Rev Moon is lying in this thread, as he clearly list you in the group of people that he cares about.
I'm sick and tired of you and your minions taking on Doxie, Philicia, Matty, Jan, Betty, Jonathan or anyone that I actually care about.

Well actually I didn't call you a "redneck", I just noted your contributions embody many of the traits associated with that stereotype.
no, you are quite wiley about that. you often refer to people actions, thoughts or posts as "ignorant" or "racist" or in the case using "redneck" as the pejorative without ever calling another member the actual derogatory name, but it all adds up to the same thing.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2010, 07:59:49 pm »
no, you are quite wiley about that. you often refer to people actions, thoughts or posts as "ignorant" or "racist" or in the case using "redneck" as the pejorative without ever calling another member the actual derogatory name, but it all adds up to the same thing.

Not wiley at all, I focus on the comments made not the person making them. Entirely proper forum ettiquette. :)

If you don't like having your ignorant opinions critiqued, perhaps you should keep them to yourself?

MtD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2010, 08:00:31 pm »
I never mentioned his name in this thread and yet he uses it to attack me.
except in replies 43 and 44 when you speak to me or about me using my moniker of leatherman.  ::)

You know leatherman I don't give a shit what you think.
see whose opinion is valued, leatherman or Jan's.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2010, 08:03:58 pm »
I focus on the comments made not the person making them.
bullshit. calling someone's comments ignorant or racist implies that you consider that person to be ignorant or a racist. you're splitting hairs and constantly get away with being rude to other members by hidiing behind syntax.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2010, 08:07:38 pm »
bullshit. calling someone's comments ignorant or racist implies that you consider that person to be ignorant or a racist. you're splitting hairs and constantly get away with being rude to other members by hidiing behind syntax.

Now, now Mikey, I don't think there's any need to resort to profanity. Such foul words coming from such a pretty mouth are so unbecoming, don't you think?

You should probably trot along to the kitchen and make sure your chitlins haven't boiled over. We wouldn't want you to spoil your vittels. :)

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 08:08:01 pm »
except in replies 43 and 44 when you speak to me or about me using my moniker of leatherman.  ::)

There's something wrong with you.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2010, 08:20:26 pm »
You should probably trot along to the kitchen and make sure your chitlins haven't boiled over. We wouldn't want you to spoil your vittels. :)
ick! chitlins!! :P
dinner was spaghetti with homemade sauce (made using veggies I grew in the garden this summer), along with a salad (veggies from the grocery store as the heat and drought did in most of the garden a few weeks ago). What I didn't want to burn were the lemon bars baking in the oven. Now I have to wait hours while they cool. sigh! but I'll have one (or two or three LOL) before going to bed tonight.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2010, 08:51:02 pm »
Is there an ASO nearby? If you are hunting for geographically specific stuff, like funding and getting into ADAP, then that would be a terrific place to start. I am in GA, so I don't think I could be of much help in any specific way.

But it would be a shame to see ya go :)
As far as Florida goes, it looks like ADAP is off the menu for the foreseeable future. Maybe, if enough noise is made, the next fiscal year will bring relief. But if you are in line behind over a thousand people, I would not get my hopes up.

Your BEST BET, greg, and maybe your only option other than moving to another state, is to get entrenched with your nearest ASO.

I  would start by Googling Broward County and HIV. If you feel like it, you can join the ranks of their planning committee, and become a part of the solution.

http://www.brhpc.org/HIVPC.aspx

http://www.browardhouse.org/

http://browardchd.org/hiv.aspx

There might be someone able to become your case manager, and work directly with drug companies to help you with medications. It will take legwork on your part, but it might be possible to be HIV positive, need medication, and live in that county. Then again, you have to wrap your head around the possibility that it might not.

This, combined with the suggestion to volunteer at a local ASO offered in the ADAP Thread ( which was locked ) was what I was referencing. I absolutely do not understand your hostility. It does not further the conversation. If you wish to complain about the problem of civility, then the least you could do is utilize aforementioned civility.

I know you and I have butted heads in the past, but this thread is not about you or I. It is about Gregfl, and his need for services in Broward County, Florida. I promise to make every effort to stay on point if you can do the same.

However, as I have offered all of the information and links that I found in a cursory search, including the link to Broward County's ASO, I respectfully withdraw from this contentious discussion.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2010, 09:06:01 pm »
another bit of lunacy. ::) I am not a racist; but I have issues with illegal immigrants in my country.

I have engaged you directly once. Thrice, if you count this thread. I have never fucked with you. I do not fuck with people. I highly resent that assertion, and am frankly tired of the combative nature that threads into which you are involved frequently disintegrate.

Sorry to re-introduce myself into a conversation I exited a few minutes ago. I was appalled by your accusation, and felt the need to clear the air and my name.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2010, 09:12:49 pm »
This, combined with the suggestion to volunteer at a local ASO offered in the ADAP Thread ( which was locked ) was what I was referencing.
I offered some suggestions. I am sorry they did not meet your needs.
I don't dispute your suggestions. However you're suggestions were made on the weekend when Greg could have done nothing to follow those suggestions. Then before he even returned to this thread you assumed your suggestions did not meet his needs. Just like you implied that he was leaving because he inquired about other venues of information, you implied he ignored or didn't use your suggestions because he sure didn't come back and say that your suggestions didn't work.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2010, 09:17:02 pm »
I have engaged you directly once. Thrice, if you count this thread. I have never fucked with you.
"butted heads", "fucked with". you say tomato, i say tomato ;) especially in the hate of an argument.

however, I will point out that Rev Moon is the one who made that listing of names and put all of y'all into a gang (a cabal if you will LOL). As your constant assuming of Greg's intentions, it just seemed to me that you truly were part of "that crowd" too. I'm sorry to have paid attention to Rev Moon's comments in the middle of dealing with a gang of members this afternoon/evening. However with our previous event of "butting head", I wrongly assumed that because you were named that you truly were part of that group.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2010, 09:42:00 pm »
"butted heads", "fucked with". you say tomato, i say tomato ;) especially in the hate of an argument.

however, I will point out that Rev Moon is the one who made that listing of names and put all of y'all into a gang (a cabal if you will LOL). As your constant assuming of Greg's intentions, it just seemed to me that you truly were part of "that crowd" too. I'm sorry to have paid attention to Rev Moon's comments in the middle of dealing with a gang of members this afternoon/evening. However with our previous event of "butting head", I wrongly assumed that because you were named that you truly were part of that group.

A cabal? You need to unsubscribe from that Lyndon LaRouche mailing list, Mikey. It's making you paranoid and weird.

MtD

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2010, 09:44:38 pm »
I don't know what's gotten in to you guys, but this whole thread wreaks of bitchiness and condescension. I'm tempted to delete the whole damn thread out of embarrassment for the Forums.

All of you guys need to chill out and either start treating each other with respect or find somewhere else to sharpen your claws.    

This one's locked down -- and don't even think about starting a new thread to continue this totally pointless feuding.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2010, 09:15:35 pm »
Peeps, I am not going to say this to anyone in particular. Just as a general request, stop the squabbling. Clearly someone must have peed into the Kool Aid because there is so much snapping and snarking going on.

No pun intended, Kool it! Or there are going to be a bunch of Time Outs handed out.

You don't have to like each other and I can say with confidence some of you never will, but stop the nasty stuff. And not only in this thread but in all of 'em as a lot of this has been erupting in other threads as well.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.