Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:59:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 447
Total: 449

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Request for more positive thoughts & energy  (Read 10417 times)

Offline AndyArrow

Request for more positive thoughts & energy
« on: September 05, 2009, 08:58:08 am »
Yesterday my plan was for my partner and I to go the Lighthouse Mall (it's a big outdoor factory outlet mall in Michigan City, IN) and do lots of walking around as part of his recovery from his open-heart surgery.  Unfortunately, he woke up have some horrible pains in his chest at the end of his chest incision.  There is a cavity there that's about an 1" deep and 1/2" wide that we have to pack with gauze 3 times a day and then cover it with a bandage -- it comes out with puss & blood when I change it.  They want the fatty layers of tissue to builid up from the bottom of the cavity, otherwise the skin will just grow over it ( I know sorry BT for being gross).  He was also shivering and his temperature spiked to over 102f.  So off to the doctor's office, which is in a medical building attached to the hospital where they did his surgery.  It's actually the same hospital he had his valve replacement done in 91'.  The nurse practitioner became worried as soon as she saw him (he was wearing a long sleeve shirt under his fall coat -- I was sweating from the hot car ride) and she put him back in the hospital.  So, it looks like my labor day picnic will be hospital food in the cardiac recovery unit.

Thank You in advance (I know I'm assuming a lot) for all that positive energy flow!  I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Hugs!
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
Re: Request for more positive thoughts & energy
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 09:18:56 am »
Positive thoughts and energy: coming your way.

Sorry to hear about your partner. I hope he comes through with a speedy recovery. He's lucky to have you there  to watch out for him.
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 09:43:45 am »
My Other Half had the same surgery about 7 yrs ago, he dose fine , if he eats right and takes his Heart Meds.....Andy I'm Wishing you Positive Thoughts & Energy....and this is from someone who knows what it's like to take care of a Heart Patient.........hang-in-there, things will get better, but, it takes time.......
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 09:53:13 am »
You got it, mate, more good wishes and positive healing energy coming your way from  The Rock.

I hope they get this infection quickly sorted out. It must be scary for both of you. Who knows, maybe he'll be out in time for Monday. Hope so.

Remember to take care of yourself too, ok?

Hugs2,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bear60

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 10:52:30 am »
Hey Andy
I can send some more positive energy your way.
Hugs

Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 11:25:42 am »
Hey Andy,

I'm sending positive energy to both of you and I would not be so quick, as to rule out a holiday picnic.  So he's in the hospital.  Gather up a simple picnic lunch and have your picnic in his room.  Go all out if you want, with crystal and even a picnic blanket for his bed.  The moments we savor the most in life, are those that come from the simplest of pleasures.

Offline Puckslinger

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 04:26:25 pm »
Hiya Andy,

Although we don't know each other, I want to send you and your partner my best wishes for peace of mind and a speedy recovery.

All the best.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 05:21:57 pm »
Oh Andy,

I'm sorry this has happened.  I'll be thinking about you two, and keeping my fingers crossed.  Please take care.
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline smalltown66

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 06:49:42 pm »
Andy

You and your partner will be in my thoughts and prayers over the holiday weekend. Hold in there you have alot of love and support coming your way.

Smalltown66
Lifting the weight of the world sure is easier with others with the same goal.

Offline mewithu

• mewithu
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 07:12:30 pm »
I am homebound for the weekend also. I just got out of the hospital a couple of weeks ago for two clots in my left leg. I wish the best for both of you and for your lover to stand beside you is a great thing. I have never had that oppurtunity to have someone with me while inthe hospital. makes it so much better I have seen when peoples honeys come in to set with them when they can. Love to all, Jerry
1997 is when I found out, being deathly ill. I had to go to the hospital due to extreme headache and fever. I fell coma like,  two months later weighing 95 pounds and in extreme pain and awoke to knowledge of Pancreatis, Cryptococcal Meningitis, Thrush,Severe Diarea,  Wasting, PCP pneumonia. No eating, only through tpn. Very sick, I was lucky I had good insurance with the company I worked for. I was in the hospital for three months that time. 
(2010 Now doing OK cd4=210  VL= < 75)
I have become resistant to many nukes and non nukes, Now on Reyataz, , Combivir. Working well for me not too many side effects.  I have the wasting syndrome, Fatigue  . Hard to deal with but believe it or not I have been through worse. Three Pulmonary Embolism's in my life. 2012 520 t's <20 V load

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 07:17:07 pm »
A Bucket full of positive energy coming to you both from NZ..take care, thinking of you both.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline shreveman

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 11:23:53 pm »
Hi Andy:

Sorry to hear this news. Hopefully if this is an infection it will respond to treatment. Sending lots of support your way. Take care of yourself too. Roy

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 10:18:01 am »
Hey Andy,

I'm am very sorry to hear the hubby is back in the hospital. I will be sending lots of positive energy his way.

BIG HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 10:35:47 am »
Andy-

So sorry to hear this, I am sending lots of positive and healing vibes your way.  Hugs, too!!

Take care,
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 10:37:01 am »
Hello Andy,

Sorry to hear that your partner is in the hospital.  Let him know that we are all thinking of him, and wishing him well.  Your both in our thoughts.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 09:43:35 am »
Andy,

I'm sorry to hear this news.....keeping you both in my prayers.    Wishing your partner a SPEEDY recovery, and I hope he's soon to the point of not needing the gauze packing.  That sounds awful to me...

Many hugs,

Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 10:28:51 pm »
Wow!

Thank you all so much for your kind words and positive energy.  It seems to be doing the trick. 

He's still in the hospital right now hopefully he will be getting out by Friday.  The doctors put a PICC line so that he can continue to receive intravenous antibiotics once he's discharged.  They are looking at an additional 6-8 weeks of antibiotics.  Their big fear was the infection traveling into the blood stream and attaching onto the area around his artificial heart valve.  Since that never happened they are very happy with how things are progressing.  Tomorrow he will have another ultrasound & the wound team & ID docs will check over the hole in his chest (there really isn't a better way to describe it).  Fingers crossed for a Friday release!

Hugs & Thanks to everyone!!!
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 08:14:37 am »
Andy, great news that the infection hasn't spread.  I'll keep you both in my thoughts, and will only think good things about you both (not that I don't anyway). :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 04:00:09 am »
HOME!!! 

He actually got out late Thursday!!  It was a nice surprise.  We still have to travel back and forth to the hospital once a day but it's so much better than him being stuck in there.  He goes for 2hr treatments of antibiotics. 

All your positive thoughts & energy have done wonders so a big thanks to everyone here and hugs & kisses to all the really cute ones (you know who you are)  :-* :-*

AA

PS.  You are all really cute!  ;)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 06:21:43 am »
Wonderful news Andy.

Hugs to you both
Jan :-* :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 06:56:47 am »
That's great news, Andy.  Thanks for letting us know.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 09:51:03 am »
Hey Andy,

That's great news! ;D ;D ;D

I'll keep the positive energy coming, just for reinforcement.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 04:34:17 pm »
Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement. 

He is doing really good.  He takes Clindomycin 300mg orally 3x a day and we travel back and forth to the hospital for Vancomycin through the PICC line.   You can still see his sternum and some of the wire through the hole in his chest that I have to pack but they think it should be filled in within a month or so.

Hugs!
AA

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.