Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:45:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773218
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 589
Total: 591

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sign-On Letter to Gilead  (Read 9558 times)

Offline Matts

Sign-On Letter to Gilead
« on: June 16, 2013, 02:59:33 pm »
You can sign on a letter from the Treatment Action Group, Project Inform and HIV-i Base to Gilead if You want.

Gilead doesn't plan to release Tenefovir Alafenamide Fumarate (TAF) as a single pill, only as part of TAF-inclusive fixed-dose combinations (FDCs).
"Activists and the scientific community have known about the potential benefits of TAF, over those of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF), for twelve years; it is disappointing that its clinical development was delayed until the twilight of TDF’s patent protection."

TAF is 5-7 fold more potent than TDF in the target cells with a 90% lower concentration in the blood plasma, because of that it doesnt cause the known TDF related damages in the bones and kidneys.

A stand-alone TAF is especially important for treatment experienced, because it overcomes TDF and NRTI mutations.

http://www.treatmentactiongroup.org/hiv/taf-letter
Dovato

Offline mitch777

Re: Sign-On Letter to Gilead
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 03:12:37 pm »
signed.
thanks Matts! :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline darryaz

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »
Signed.   :D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 03:34:58 pm »
signed .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline buginme2

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 04:26:15 pm »
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline oksikoko

• Writing the congressman again
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 04:52:54 pm »
Signed, and I hope they listen. I've read about TAF, but I didn't know it would work for people who have mutations resistant to TDF - assuming I read that correctly. That's good news. I have questions maybe one of you can answer...

They mentioned combining TAF with cobicistat, emtricitabine and elvitegravir in a once-per-day. Does this mean that Gilead would produce two formulations of Stribild, one with TAF and one with TDF or will the TAF phase the TDF out completely? Would this happen overnight, so to speak? I guess what I'm really asking is, assuming that I'm still taking Stribild when TAF comes out, would I one day simply start getting the new formulation or would I keep the current formulation until my entire regimen changed at some point in the future? Is there a precedent for replacing one drug of a combo (not necessarily in one pill) with a new-and-improved version like this?  Seems kinda complicated to just swap out a drug like that, so I'm assuming it'll be a more complex switchover than just <poof> TAF.

Thanks for any info on how this sort of thing works.

Lee
Code: [Select]
2014-11-14: CD4 Wars Episode II: Return of the Stribild (released in Europe as Stribild II: Werewolf Bitch)
2014-11-06:                ☣ VL (→) 12,627      ☣ CD4 (→) 639
2014-??-??: off treatment  ☣ VL (?)              ☣ CD4 (?)
2013-10-03:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1105
2013-05-23:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (-) 945
2013-02-25:                ☣ VL (-) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1123
2012-12-16: Enter Stribild
2012-11-20: HIV+           ☣ VL (→) 132,683      ☣ CD4 (→) 920
2012-04-01: HIV-
Dates in this signature file conform to ISO 8601. ;-)

If no one complains, nothing will ever change.

Offline Piscean

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 06:38:29 pm »
Signed. Thanks for posting the link.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 07:58:26 pm »
Signed, and I hope they listen. I've read about TAF, but I didn't know it would work for people who have mutations resistant to TDF - assuming I read that correctly. That's good news. I have questions maybe one of you can answer...

They mentioned combining TAF with cobicistat, emtricitabine and elvitegravir in a once-per-day. Does this mean that Gilead would produce two formulations of Stribild, one with TAF and one with TDF or will the TAF phase the TDF out completely? Would this happen overnight, so to speak? I guess what I'm really asking is, assuming that I'm still taking Stribild when TAF comes out, would I one day simply start getting the new formulation or would I keep the current formulation until my entire regimen changed at some point in the future? Is there a precedent for replacing one drug of a combo (not necessarily in one pill) with a new-and-improved version like this?  Seems kinda complicated to just swap out a drug like that, so I'm assuming it'll be a more complex switchover than just <poof> TAF.

Thanks for any info on how this sort of thing works.

Lee

The new quad2 formulation (the one with taf) will prob just take the place of the old quad formulation (with tdf). 

Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 07:17:30 am »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mitch777

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 09:00:29 am »
Gilead

Signed - and shared.

Ann, when clicking on your link it comes up saying "the content is unavailable in your country".
Just thought you might want to know.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 09:04:42 am »
Ann, when clicking on your link it comes up saying "the content is unavailable in your country".
Just thought you might want to know.

Hmm, well that's a turn-up for the books. It's usually the other way around. (Content not being permitted where I'm at, because of US thingy laws - yes, it's a brain-fog day. Sorry.)

It linked to a You Tube video of Only In It For The Money by Jimmy Smith. ;)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mitch777

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 09:08:09 am »
Hmm, well that's a turn-up for the books. It's usually the other way around. (Content not being permitted where I'm at, because of US thingy laws - yes, it's a brain-fog day. Sorry.)

It linked to a You Tube video of Only In It For The Money by Jimmy Smith. ;)

good choice, as was Bugs. :)+ >:(

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 11:07:22 am »
Døńę
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline mitch777

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 01:42:09 pm »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.